NIKE PARK UPDATES ?????

Don't hate on the staff son. They tried their best to accommodate pesky customers and those who have already "reserved" their packs. Hate on theresellers who bought multiple packs, you should have your own pack by now if the packs weren't gobbled up by greediness.

greedfi5.jpg

smh.gif

^^^^ Well, come to think of it, you can actually blame Nike Philippines (not the Nike Park franchise) for not implementing a fair allocation policy on limitedreleases. They should give each customer a maximum of 2 sets or even 1 set for limited releases like these. That policy can be implemented during the 1st 2 or3 days from release date and if they don't sell out after 2 or 3 days, they can sell in "unlimited" quantities of what's remaining to whoevermight be interested .

Problem is, they are also after their sales targets which they find easier to achieve if they sell more sets to those who can buy more.

I firmly believe Nike Philippines should implement an allocation policy of 1 or 2 sets/pairs per customer for limited releases. That's the only way morepeople will be able to get these limited releases at retail price. And by doing so, you make your patrons happy so they come back for more business. That'smy take and opinion on things....

^ That's not gonna work. It's so easy to bring an extra head or two to purchase multiple pairs.

I say stick with the raffle, for limited releases. CDPs aren't limited though so I say all if fair game.

And contrary to what has been reported here, nobody made a wholesale purchase. Buying 2, 3 or even 4 packs is not wholesaling.

^^^^ Got your point, KC. So are you saying they will still be getting more sets of the VI/XVII package? I heard there were less than 50 sets available and theywere only available at Nike BHS. If that's the case, then you can consider them limited. I hope they get more sets though and have more stores sell them.That will ease the tension a bit especially for those who were pissed off for not being able to get their sets.

Limited number of pairs released locally doesn't necessarily equate to a limited release.

One should not depend on one store alone for such releases. One should act like a crackhead if he/she wants to stay satisfied in this crazy world. Find ways.Always make moves. Word to Tyrone Biggums.

^^^ When I say limited, I don't mean the LIMITED that Nike or JB uses to describe a release of their shoe. I mean the fact that it is only carried by onestore and that they have less than 50 sets available nationally.

But yes. You are right about doing what it takes to get whatever you want and staying satisfied in this crazy world
smile.gif

Not all have the options that others do though and so I understand the frustration of a lot of people here. That's no reason though to call people greedyor anything like that. For some, it's a way of financing the sneaker passion which is very expensive
wink.gif
It is neither good nor bad. It is just a fact of life....

i can personally verify someone notorious with the wholesale thing the past couple of years bought 10 packs.i was standing right next to the guy at theregister. needless to say,dude made it rain.my take on this whole debacle is when the release date of a shoe you like is nearing,be extra vigilant and keepchecking in with the store.keep one eye up when you sleep and get your gwop on point.you should not have a problem getting your pair(s)
318710115.jpg

bonus pic:here's where im at with the packs and the reasons why i bought them.
318710113.jpg

I just hate it when this happens! This is when shoe collecting is not fun anymore. The buying trend is so much different back in the day. There were nowholesalers who just want to make money. You could even have time to save money and buy the shoes when you have enough funds. It was about buying the shoes youwant and rocking them, its that simple. Today, people just buy shoes to store in their closets and wait for their price to go up so that they could sell it fortwice or thrice its price. Some people just want the shoes because of how much money they could get from selling them in the future. But then again, its alwaysgreat to "hunt" for the shoes you want.

Originally Posted by revelation218

^^^^ Well, come to think of it, you can actually blame Nike Philippines (not the Nike Park franchise) for not implementing a fair allocation policy on limited releases. They should give each customer a maximum of 2 sets or even 1 set for limited releases like these. That policy can be implemented during the 1st 2 or 3 days from release date and if they don't sell out after 2 or 3 days, they can sell in "unlimited" quantities of what's remaining to whoever might be interested .

Problem is, they are also after their sales targets which they find easier to achieve if they sell more sets to those who can buy more.

I firmly believe Nike Philippines should implement an allocation policy of 1 or 2 sets/pairs per customer for limited releases. That's the only way more people will be able to get these limited releases at retail price. And by doing so, you make your patrons happy so they come back for more business. That's my take and opinion on things....
I think they did this with the AJ23 All Stars right?

Originally Posted by calsfinest22

Today, people just buy shoes to store in their closets and wait for their price to go up so that they could sell it for twice or thrice its price. Some people just want the shoes because of how much money they could get from selling them in the future.

mukhang may tinatamaan nyan dito sa sinasabi mo ah
roll.gif

pero still the same wa-epek pa din yang statements mo at sanay na ang mga reseller/s na yan
roll.gif

Originally Posted by OwwGss

Originally Posted by calsfinest22

Today, people just buy shoes to store in their closets and wait for their price to go up so that they could sell it for twice or thrice its price. Some people just want the shoes because of how much money they could get from selling them in the future.

roll.gif

pero still the same wa-epek pa din yang statements mo at sanay na ang mga reseller/s na yan
roll.gif

co-sign.

Collectors now in the Philippines have to resort to buying outside the country if they are lucky enough to have connects there. From what I've heardonly 60 packs were released here in the PI and I see that nobody in ebay.ph is buying those absurdly priced 6/17 packs. There's even one CDP 17 priced atnot even half of the retail (P7999) in ebay.ph right now
sick.gif
Prices in ebay.ph are sky high and the price of one pair there can buy you thesame 2 pairs if you know how to look for em' in the right places. C'mon, straighten up people!

I was there last friday around 7 in the evening and I saw a guy (I don't know if he's Korean, Japanese or Chinese) bought 10 pairs... Luckily he didnot get my size... If he did, I'll let my friends punch him.. hehehe... coz we came a long way just to get my pair... A girl bought the other 10.5 thattime also...

They implemented the max of 2 pairs for the All Stars, why not apply it to CP release also... I like what rev218 suggested, hopefully Nike Phil would see itand be fair... Imagine what will happen to the CP XI/XII pack release...

Originally Posted by EugeneCruise

I was there last friday around 7 in the evening and I saw a guy (I don't know if he's Korean, Japanese or Chinese) bought 10 pairs... Luckily he did not get my size... If he did, I'll let my friends punch him.. hehehe... coz we came a long way just to get my pair... A girl bought the other 10.5 that time also...

They implemented the max of 2 pairs for the All Stars, why not apply it to CP release also... I like what rev218 suggested, hopefully Nike Phil would see it and be fair... Imagine what will happen to the CP XI/XII pack release...

co-sign
can we like make a petition of some sort to nike ph...this way lil brothers like me..who have exactly 15 g's to buy a pair of CP's, could standa chance to those greedy resellers...

@eugene
are you rasthaman of mlph?

congrats to everyone who got their packs.. I myself wasnt able to snag a pair of sz.12's but its cool lesson learned..

you guys are right....i was ready to buy those packs that night after knowing the release(marcus informed me like 10pm) and when i called in nike bhs, all thesizes were gone...they offered me a reserved pack if the buyer diddnt get it that night. unfortunately he did...i called in the next morning and they offferedthe broken size pack...9.5 for the carmines and 10.5 for the 17's...dont know if its still there though...

i cant really think imagine a solution for these...it sucks....

been waitin for those...

OwwGss wrote:
roll.gif

roll.gif

Wow! Blind item! Showbiz a. If you do not have the balls to name them here, PM me their names so that I can avoid these people. Thanks.

^^^ And yes, I forgot to say congratulations to those who were able to get their sets!!

Let's make this thread more productive and it would be good if those who got their sets could share what they did to ensure they didn't go homeempty-handed.

Let me take this privilege to share a few things that I believe could be helpful to a lot of new collectors/NTers. I don't have the set yet though butintend on buying it someday somewhere when I've already decided for myself that it's worth it.

If there's one thing I have learned about the sneakergame, it's the fact that "expanding your network of friends", whether fellowsneakerheads, Nike Park/Stadium staff or even resellers, does come in handy and has a lot of benefits. I remember several friends from Manila calling me upduring the AS XX3 launch asking if I wanted a hook up. That helped me get my pair though I am based in Cagayan de oro city.

It's also good to have an insider friend at Nike Park or Nike Stadium. They will give you a heads up on things. Next time you buy stuff at NikePark/Stadium, try to get to know someone from the inside at a more personal level. And make them feel they are really important (because they are
smile.gif
) and that you are not just there so they could hook you up or something. Thatwill save you a lot of frustration in the future as they will be the one who will make sure you have timely info on when exactly the stuff will be available.

And resellers normally have friends in high places at Nike or Nike Park/Stadium so they get first hand info on releases. If you have reseller friends, usetheir info to your advantage. It's a sad reality that we just have to leverage on. Turn adversity into advantage. I call it "diskarte". That's how MJ was able to realize his full potential. Being dropped out from the school's varsity team, the Celtics and Pistons constantly beingstumbling blocks to his goal of a championship were just a few adversities that MJ had to deal with and which he turned to his own advantage. Eventually, hecame out triumphant and became the best basketball player of all time. Without those circumstances and MJ's "right mindset", he would have neverbeen what he is today. A Living Legend.

That being said, I hope others can share some things that might also help out our fellow NTers in the future. I really hope this helps. Thanks

sound advice right there.also,it doesn't hurt to check the release dates on the main thread.that should give you the advantage of ball parking when acertain shoe drops.try to also keep in mind previous releases here in our local nike stores.the first pack dropped almost a whole week ahead of the releasedate while the second pack came out a couple of days before drop day.that should give you a time frame of when you should start ringing up bhs.befriending thestaff is a good tool as well like pareng bong said.be genuine though,most of the employees i know basically know me by face but i do take out that little bitof time to chop it up with them.having that relationship can eventually lead to that person doing you a solid in the future.

^^^ Yeah, that too pareng Tony. I think that's a very good point right there. The releases here have consistently been a few days ahead of the NorthAmerica release date. I guess Nike Philippines is still learning the ropes and still putting a few finer touches on releases here. Sooner or later, I seethem sticking to the target release date and implementing policies and guidelines aimed at protecting the interest of the general patronizing public. It'sreally just a matter of time......I hope
wink.gif

Good learning there, pareng Tony, and welcome back
smile.gif

For someone who has been there, done that. All I can say is it ain't that serious. At the end of the day, they're just shoes and there are morecomplicated things in life to worry about.

While expanding your network has its rewards, it also has its pitfalls. My best advice is expand your network outside the country and avoid depending on oneconnect alone. Also keep in mind that nothing lasts forever and expect your connections to dry up sooner or later. Don't be a jerk once you get the properconnects. I'm not gonna name names but I was cool with this NT'er before he started reselling on ISS and ebay. I practically taught the dude everythinghe knows about the reselling business. Then he got greedy. He always fed off this site but never shared any info. He even abused the discount codes I startedwith a store for his personal profit. I've been monitoring his ebay site for the past several years and I can safely say that this dude keeps on sellingonly for the positive feedback. Judging from most of the items he's been moving, there is no way he's making loot.

There was a time when I was cool with most of the big dogs in the local industry. Peeps from Nike Philippines, owners of different Nike stores (Park, Stadium,Attitude), most of the store supervisors/managers, operations manager and sales associates. I was so deep into it that I'd get invited to Nike Philippinesfor informal meetings about future releases/events, I'd have lunches with store owners to discuss and give feedback on future catalogs, I even got chummywith people working the stores. The only bad thing about depending on NP/NS staff is that they never really know what they'll get and when until the boxesare delivered to their stores. You can only get so much info from them. With Nike Philippines, if you know how the corporate culture is of the parent company,then you should know better than to expect any vital or sensitive info from these people.

I understand most of the complaints I see on this forum and one should realize that resellers come with the territory. If people think it's shady andfrustrating, then walk away.

Just like what I did.

Back
Top Bottom