Nike Performance Running Master Thread

The "Ugly Sweater" concept on these Brooks Levitate 2s was executed to PERFECTION. The jingle bells are such a nice touch! lol
Brooks - Ugly Sweater.JPG

Brooks Levitate 2 - Ugly Sweater.jpg

I'm very interested to purchase. Which Nike model would be the most similar to them? Pegasus?

No, not the Pegasus. In terms of market position: the Epic React. In terms of ride character and weight: likely the Vomero. I reviewed the Levitate 2 on my own site and I highly advise wearing taller socks with them.

No, not the Pegasus. In terms of market position: the Epic React. In terms of ride character and weight: likely the Vomero. I reviewed the Levitate 2 on my own site and I highly advise wearing taller socks with them.
Link to your review?

Anybody in here have experience running in Mizuno? I tried on a pair of Mizuno Wave horizons 2 and they looked good/felt good but I haven’t heard too much about the brand

The "Ugly Sweater" concept on these Brooks Levitate 2s was executed to PERFECTION. The jingle bells are such a nice touch! lol
Brooks - Ugly Sweater.JPG

Brooks Levitate 2 - Ugly Sweater.jpg

I'm very interested to purchase. Which Nike model would be the most similar to them? Pegasus?
I would compare them as a heavier epic react. The cushion adapts to your running style like react. Stiff when you speed up and soft when you slow down.

I got a pair and love them but they feel like combat boots after wearing epic reacts and Pegasus turbos

Anybody in here have experience running in Mizuno? I tried on a pair of Mizuno Wave horizons 2 and they looked good/felt good but I haven’t heard too much about the brand

I've noticed that the fans of Mizuno are diehards. I find the brand to be very stiff, but that also makes them highly responsive. They also make very minimal changes each year, so you usually don't have to worry about new models being misfires.

Man I just ran in my first pair of Zoom Flys. I'm in love. They are so much more comfortable and responsive than I would have ever thought. My outlet had them for $35. Bought another pair after I got done running. Keeping em on ice.

Man I've been tempted to try out some zoom flys, but I'm unsure if they would make a good daily trainer. They are more of a racing shoe right?

Pegasus 35 turbo's still holding up

Any other recommendations for shoes? Prefer comfort over speed I guess. How does the zoom fly compare?

Man I've been tempted to try out some zoom flys, but I'm unsure if they would make a good daily trainer. They are more of a racing shoe right?

They're React with a plate, so they should be good for daily training. Although I only used the Zoom Fly 1, with Lunar foam.

Looks like I need to join in on this thread I’ve been missing... and maybe this is the place for this:
The biggest news of 2019 yet... it appears that RW has gotten rid of the RUNBLOG10 code!
Anyone have a replacement code? Was looking at some clearance Nike spark socks

Looks like I need to join in on this thread I’ve been missing... and maybe this is the place for this:
The biggest news of 2019 yet... it appears that RW has gotten rid of the RUNBLOG10 code!
Anyone have a replacement code? Was looking at some clearance Nike spark socks

Thank God I look at Gingerunners review and remembered he had a 10% code. Code is gingerrun
Screenshot_20190107-212520.jpg

I personally would NOT use them daily. You can’t run normally in them. They change your stride

They're React with a plate, so they should be good for daily training. Although I only used the Zoom Fly 1, with Lunar foam.
They are technically considered a racing flat, but I use them for everyday runs. They are holding up well so far.
I personally would NOT use them daily. You can’t run normally in them. They change your stride

Thanks for the replies gents. I have heard mixed views about every day training. For the sale price I've been seeing them for (which was surprising) they are a tempting pick.

Thanks for the replies gents. I have heard mixed views about every day training. For the sale price I've been seeing them for (which was surprising) they are a tempting pick.
They have their place but imo it isn’t an everyday shoe. Peg turbo would be a great everyday shoe

Thank God I look at Gingerunners review and remembered he had a 10% code. Code is gingerrun
Screenshot_20190107-212520.jpg

I'm currently running in the Clifton re-release. I had done a ton of research and this shoe hit the specs and was vaunted as one of the best shoes ever. Unfortunately IMO they didn't live up to the reputation. They are ok but I don't see where people were calling them "marshmallow soft" and "springy." The cushion was actually firmer than I would have guessed and I didn't feel any springiness, but most of all the fit of the upper isn't very locked down. You don't get that nice, secure fit if you like your shoes to fit that way. I'm thinking of switching to one of Pegasus 35/Vomero 14/Zoom Fly FK/ NB Beacon.

If you bought them hopefully they work for you though, just wanted to share my experience with them.

They have their place but imo it isn’t an everyday shoe. Peg turbo would be a great everyday shoe

Man I really like the Turbos but the price point is a bit hard to swallow. Maybe in the future if they go on sale I might pick some up, but like I stated above I might also go for the regular Peg 35.

Man I really like the Turbos but the price point is a bit hard to swallow. Maybe in the future if they go on sale I might pick some up, but like I stated above I might also go for the regular Peg 35.
You want cheap grab some peg 33’s or 34’s. To me the 33’s are the best of the two. You can get those for 50-60 bucks on eBay

You want cheap grab some peg 33’s or 34’s. To me the 33’s are the best of the two. You can get those for 50-60 bucks on eBay
33/34 my favorite so far. Trying to bust thru my 35s so I can get back to some 34s I bought off eBay like you’re saying. Still have about 100 miles before I can feel like I got my money’s worth.

I also bought some original Clifton 1s from eBay last year and have a couple hundred miles to go on those. They aren’t too responsive like zoomx, but I can go forever in them. I put 1,000 miles on my first pair, 600 on a second. I’m hoping some Peg Turbos I found will be a good replacement. Found them for $90 at San Leandro in November.

I'm currently running in the Clifton re-release. I had done a ton of research and this shoe hit the specs and was vaunted as one of the best shoes ever. Unfortunately IMO they didn't live up to the reputation. They are ok but I don't see where people were calling them "marshmallow soft" and "springy." The cushion was actually firmer than I would have guessed and I didn't feel any springiness, but most of all the fit of the upper isn't very locked down. You don't get that nice, secure fit if you like your shoes to fit that way. I'm thinking of switching to one of Pegasus 35/Vomero 14/Zoom Fly FK/ NB Beacon.

If you bought them hopefully they work for you though, just wanted to share my experience with them.

No I didn't purchase the re-released of these. I was just showing that particular coupon worked with a purchase on the site. However, I ran in the 1st original Cliftion 1 (Citrus/black colorway). I put 330 miles on them before I retired them and sold them as great walking shoes haha... The cushion awesome and springy... My only gripe was it wasn't a plush shoe.

I had the Clifton 3 as well. I didn't put as many miles on them as I wanted (turned to a daily walker) only 124 running miles... Plush shoes with almost an identical ride as the OG.

I bought another pair of Clifton 3s to alternate with the two pair of ODYSSEY reacts I run in. I only run in the Cliftons on slow recovery runs (9 min. pace), Reacts (7 min pace)...

Back
Top Bottom