Nike Performance Running Master Thread

want these pants but got to wait for it to go on sale

running-pants-CcT1Zg.jpg

running-pants-CcT1Zg.jpg

I have a little interest in the Nike react infinite run but everything tells me to stay away from Nike Running shoes!!
I was a big fan of all the lunar glides and Nike structures back in the day. Nike discontinued most of their stability running shoes and I have been physically in pain after running in a bunch of Nike running shoes in the last couple of years........ now they come out with a more stable react shoe to prevent injuries with a copy of Brooks stability rails and Hoka’s Rocker😒

I have a little interest in the Nike react infinite run but everything tells me to stay away from Nike Running shoes!!
I was a big fan of all the lunar glides and Nike structures back in the day. Nike discontinued most of their stability running shoes and I have been physically in pain after running in a bunch of Nike running shoes in the last couple of years........ now they come out with a more stable react shoe to prevent injuries with a copy of Brooks stability rails and Hoka’s Rocker😒

Different people are going to have different results with different shoes. The science on stability is evolving (and I'd almost say companies should worry about midsole density, versus targeted areas), so try it out. Unlearn what you've learned, keep an open mind and remember that stability features don't correlate with injury rates. Gait patterns and the comfort filter do.

I was also a huge fan of the older structures. I just got a pair of the infinity react and it does seem like a solid replacement. I'm gonna give it a few runs this week and post again about my thoughts

I was also a huge fan of the older structures. I just got a pair of the infinity react and it does seem like a solid replacement. I'm gonna give it a few runs this week and post again about my thoughts
After a few runs, I can see how this is a good replacement but it didn't work for me. My foot is too narrow for the shoe (I have a narrow foot)

Why doesn’t Nike running experiment with shoes with a lower Heel to toe drop than 10mm? I seem to favor shoes with a 8mm or lower and outside of the infinity react I can’t find any from Nike. Does nike have anything lower than 8mm?

lower drop is usually defined by many as barefoot running as it promotes the most natural gait and helps in strengthening so it tends to go to the most minimal of shoes and what nike used to promote with free runs

some of those still exist now in frees (3.0 has 4mm and 5.0 has 6mm) and most of nikes racers like the streaks still has low drops

many just wants a cushioned runners these days so thats where the focus is and with softed rubber with more bounce back, i guess it might be difficult to have a low drop and providing a cushioned midsole and dont quote me but it might also make it unstable once you go 30mm and up?

Alphafly Next% 4mm, free 5.0 6mm, free 3.0 4mm

If memory serves I think I remember Cook saying something about how they view it as a tradeoff between energy return and fatigue with respect to offset. Less offset is good for more efficient energy return (hence why track spikes don't have a huge drop), but they don't think you need it for a trainer.

Last edited:
I have the Zoom Fly Flyknit and I put in about 3 miles every other day just for cardio purposes. My right forefoot will start to get tingly/numb maybe about halfway in during the run? My left foot is fine. I've tried re-lacing them, I'm pretty sure they're not over tighten. Thinking about switching to the Peg 37. Thoughts?

I have the Zoom Fly Flyknit and I put in about 3 miles every other day just for cardio purposes. My right forefoot will start to get tingly/numb maybe about halfway in during the run? My left foot is fine. I've tried re-lacing them, I'm pretty sure they're not over tighten. Thinking about switching to the Peg 37. Thoughts?
I'm not a doctor, but maybe your foot is reacting to the firmness of the plate? It's been a while since I ran in the ZF FK and I can't remember what they felt like. What other shoes have you run in?

I'm not a doctor, but maybe your foot is reacting to the firmness of the plate? It's been a while since I ran in the ZF FK and I can't remember what they felt like. What other shoes have you run in?
I've ran in UB before and its been a while since those. I don't remember having a problem with it. Those are somewhere else, the only running shoes I have with me are the ZF FK. Come to think of it, I never noticed this problem on the treadmill..only noticing now since I'm running on concrete

I've ran in UB before and its been a while since those. I don't remember having a problem with it. Those are somewhere else, the only running shoes I have with me are the ZF FK. Come to think of it, I never noticed this problem on the treadmill..only noticing now since I'm running on concrete
I see. Do you actually feel the plate while running? If the shoe isn't too tight and you haven't experienced this issue with other shoes (which I assume all lacked a rigid plate), my guess is your foot is reacting to the plate.

Properly your feet not used to the gradiual incline outside vs a treadmill, looks like you right foot is too tense on landing as it is expecting a few more cm before it has to be ready to take the impact.

Last edited:
Is it true that the Pegasus Turbo line is gone? Heard there won't be a Turbo 3.

I see. Do you actually feel the plate while running? If the shoe isn't too tight and you haven't experienced this issue with other shoes (which I assume all lacked a rigid plate), my guess is your foot is reacting to the plate.
Yeah I can feel the plate, that might be the issue. I probably will end up getting the Peg 37. Thanks!

Yeah I can feel the plate, that might be the issue. I probably will end up getting the Peg 37. Thanks!
You *may* feel the top loaded zoom air bag under your forefoot. It wasn't a dealbreaker for me, but it has been for others.

Back
Top Bottom