NIKE PETITION OR BOYCOTT

Im not even mad if I don't get a pair of the Galaxy's, I mean of course I'm gonna be if I don't but I understand. If everyone got a pair it takes a way from the value of them.

Isnt limited or difficult to get part of the fun? I mean why do we spend hours scouring the web for release dates calling spots to find out stock levels and waiting in lines. I guess im just over this thread I have said my peace. This is a silly idea and the truth is we all want something the next guy doesnt have or our collections would have no value.

Originally Posted by jtomisman

Im not even mad if I don't get a pair of the Galaxy's, I mean of course I'm gonna be if I don't but I understand. If everyone got a pair it takes a way from the value of them.
I know this is beating a dead horse at this point, but it's not about value. I feel like your parents when I complain that you kids today just don't listen.

This is about a culture. Value has nothing to do with it. Culture is not supposed to be sold - it's supposed to be lived and experienced. It's value is emotional. Your "collections" are only as valuable as what the next person will pay, but if you are interested in something for the right reasons, it will have value to you that far exceeds money.

Shoes are not an investment. In most cases, they are a depreciating asset. If you get in and get out, you can make a few bucks here and there. But, there are other ways to make money and other things to "invest" in. But, you kids banking on getting rich off your collections will do about as well as my generation did getting rich off of baseball cards and comic books. The ship has sailed, kids. Sneakers aren't an "emerging market" any more. You're going to stash a DS pair of retro foams and watch the value appreciate? ...Well, Nike is going to keep re-releasing them, and everyone of your equally uncreative friends is doing the same thing, so from where will the appreciation come?

OGs are valuable because very few people bothered to care for them or keep them, especially in good condition. Today's limited kicks aren't rare at all. Even the very limited, sought-after pairs aren't that "rare" or hard to get. A pair of orange canvas high AF1s - now that's true rarity. Contrived limited-ness is not the same. I can buy a pair of Playstations or South Beaches any time I want. ...If that's what you value, then you're just into consumerism. If you actually enjoy hunting truly rare pieces that you remember from your childhood/teen years, 20+ years ago, then you are part of the sneaker culture.

You're either part of the problem or part of the solution. NT used to part of the solution; now it's 50-50 at best.  

you hit the nail on the head...go get yourself a degree and then pursue your sneaker dreams if money is an issue. The "hypebeasts" will maintain Nike high demand and EPS. 

^Bip, that's how I feel. I buy the occasional GR every now and then, but hunting down the OG Maestro 1's with the strap, and other shoes from that era, is the type of *%* I've been on. Reclaiming what I had 20+ years ago when I was in jr. high and high school means more to me.

I can understand boycotting Nike for say their ever dwindling quality and increased pricing, or their terrible overseas workers' rights, or uninspired design of late,... but because you can't easily buy one of their shoes....no thanks.

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

lol use that time and energy to get a real job that makes real money and pay the reseller price on eBay. it's just shoes man. it's not that big of a deal.
THAT
+

get over sneakers, mainly Nikes

stop showing love to an industry that doesn't show love back.

you guys are a bunch of beaten women hoping things get better 
laugh.gif

OP made this thread thinking he had something...now its just flames

Nike will never change as long as we the consumer keep buying their products. They use cheaper materials and raise the price and their still having record breaking dollar and percentage gains. Don't blame Nike blame us...

When will y'all get it? The only place Nike will care and feel it is in their wallet. Until y'all stop acting scared and stop buying and paying reseller prices, this will continue. If you're not willing to do that then shut your yap.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nike doesn't care about you or your little petition.
+1.

I can't believe people's feelings are being hurt because of these Foams (and I'm not trying to treat you OP, just in general).

I feel your pain OP.......Lets just hope Nike release more of the galaxies later on like the cough drops and pearls. It's very much possible.

Originally Posted by toughmoney

I feel your pain OP.......Lets just hope Nike release more of the galaxies later on like the cough drops and pearls. It's very much possible.

Don't count on that.

id like to know if youd be starting this petition if you had a pair of red foams, and had a reserved pair of galaxy foams...
it may be for the greater good, but your motives can be questioned.

Originally Posted by maxpapic

id like to know if youd be starting this petition if you had a pair of red foams, and had a reserved pair of galaxy foams...
it may be for the greater good, but your motives can be questioned.

Its all greed and entitlement.In 2004-05 i shouldve boycotted cause i missed out n paris, pigeons, unkles and tokyo dunks lol. Nike was so wrong for that lol...get outta here

boycotting nike? might as well log off this site too

nothing will happen against nike they will do whatever they want and still make money

Even nike fuel bands are limited. Resellers making quick hundred off of those also. It's only February and have had a massive amount of limited releases in few months span. Nike giving resellers best year yet.

Boycotting isn't gonna solve anything because it's not an issue that effects people's lives enough. I couldn't get south beach Lebron's because of all the hype. Couldn't get cement IV's because of all the hype. Almost missed out on Red Foams because of hype. It happens. But the only result is that I don't have a specific pair of kicks and I have a little extra money in my pocket. Still have my health, still have my job, wife, family, etc...

Take a stance on something that actually effects people's well being, that's the time to start a petition. When it comes to kicks, it makes more sense to make a personal decision for your own piece of mind. "I'm taking a break from Nike's and Jordan's because all the hype has kind of killed it for me, and they don't appreciate their consumer. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere." Now you don't deal with the frustration of not getting a release. As long as it breaks your heart to not get foams, they have you right where they want you. All you're doing by trying to boycott is stirring up more hype.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Boycotting isn't gonna solve anything because it's not an issue that effects people's lives enough. I couldn't get south beach Lebron's because of all the hype. Couldn't get cement IV's because of all the hype. Almost missed out on Red Foams because of hype. It happens. But the only result is that I don't have a specific pair of kicks and I have a little extra money in my pocket. Still have my health, still have my job, wife, family, etc...

Take a stance on something that actually effects people's well being, that's the time to start a petition. When it comes to kicks, it makes more sense to make a personal decision for your own piece of mind. "I'm taking a break from Nike's and Jordan's because all the hype has kind of killed it for me, and they don't appreciate their consumer. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere." Now you don't deal with the frustration of not getting a release. As long as it breaks your heart to not get foams, they have you right where they want you. All you're doing by trying to boycott is stirring up more hype.
Good post PanaRicanRetro, but if you wanna take things further and really put things into perspective - all of us on NT have at the very minimum 25X more shoes than the general public. We have shoes for days - we don't NEED these hyped up, whack and low quality shoes. So I second what you said above (in bold).

Nike don't give a crap! truth is nobody gonna stop buying...it's disappointing for sure, but just let it go and move on.

Threads like this annoy me, this dude cant get the shoes he wants so what does he do he runs to NT to whine and make a thread about how we should petition. If op were to get these shoes, this thread never exist because all you care about is getting the shoes for yourself. I say you go somewhere else and complain to someone who cares. In the end they are just shoes and your life will go on and you will attempt to get the next big release, and when/if you don't you will be right back here making another whiney post.

Back
Top Bottom