Nike PG 2

Maybe it's not the cushion but I'm playing with these
1. Lebron Soldier 9
2. Jordan 31
3. BrandBlack RareMetal
4. Lillard 2
5. Superfly 2017 React

I got used to a well cushioned shoes that if you played with PG2 you quickly noticed the difference

Did you play in the PG1's?

Did you play in the PG1's?

I played in them. They also felt dead as hell cushioning-wise. Whenever I hear people I play with say they love them so much and they’re one of their favorite shoes they ever played in I don’t know what the hell they’re talking about. Great looking shoe, but both the 1’s and 2’s you’re definitely getting a $110 shoe instead of the $150+ you’d get from a Kobe, KD or LeBron shoe. There’s a biiig difference in quality of performance and technology.

again the young ones with great knees and ballers who havent tried any of my top 5 ball shoes will not notice the cushion difference from the PG1 and PG2 , again im just talking about myself and not the general consensus of the others, I balled with PG2 for 6 hrs or equivalent to 3 pickup game or a 2 weeks ball shoes , but I have to give it up because of the cushion,

Again PG2 is a great improvement over the PG1, but it doesnt play well with my rotation and my aging knees,

1. Lebron Soldier 9
2. Jordan 31
3. BrandBlack RareMetal
4. Lillard 2
5. Superfly 2017 React

again the young ones with great knees and ballers who havent tried any of my top 5 ball shoes will not notice the cushion difference from the PG1 and PG2 , again im just talking about myself and not the general consensus of the others, I balled with PG2 for 6 hrs or equivalent to 3 pickup game or a 2 weeks ball shoes , but I have to give it up because of the cushion,

Again PG2 is a great improvement over the PG1, but it doesnt play well with my rotation and my aging knees,

1. Lebron Soldier 9
2. Jordan 31
3. BrandBlack RareMetal
4. Lillard 2
5. Superfly 2017 React

Sounds like you need something with cushion in the heel, which makes sense. My knees start acting up when im landing on my heels alot.

That said, the PG2 has as much cushion in the forefoot as anything listed above. If you play on your forefoot or have a high arch like me, the cushion in the PG2 is a big plus.

100% honest....I like the ASG more than the Playstations. I still wanted the PS but visually they're just okay (plus I haven't played video games in probably 7-8 years).

So how would compare the cushion of these to the Kyrie 4?

Depends what you like/your foot. The Kyrie's are cushlon with a heel zoom unit. Cushlon similar to bounce - a soft responsive foam. It'll break down over time. Not as quickly as Lunarlon, but softer than react. The impact protection in the 4 is mostly in the back of the shoe. Cushion in the forefoot sacrificed for court feel.

PG2 puts the impact protection in the forefoot. Incased in standard foam so it'll be pretty firm in the back. If you play on your toes or have a high arch, this would be the preferred setup. I can't play in anything without some extra cushioning up front.

Different strokes....

I really liked the pg1... great all around performer and cushioning is pretty good for me. And I’m 33 y/o with bad feet.... I weigh 215 so I’m not small , I usually want good cushioning and pg1s were gucci

I haven’t hooped in 2s and not so sure I will, between the subpar reviews and weak design

All I can say is that I enjoy both models. The zoom cushion on the 2 is much nicer, but the overall aesthetic of the 1 is preferred. And the 2 does have some heel issues for actual balling, whereas the 1 was so snug that it had a death grip on your entire foot.

All I can say is that I enjoy both models. The zoom cushion on the 2 is much nicer, but the overall aesthetic of the 1 is preferred. And the 2 does have some heel issues for actual balling, whereas the 1 was so snug that it had a death grip on your entire foot.

If you’re somebody who’s game involves a lot of cutting they literally feel like your achilles is going to get ****ed up

If you’re somebody who’s game involves a lot of cutting they literally feel like your achilles is going to get ****ed up
Because you want the collar to touch your Achilles? There’s actually a good amount of foam padding in there. I don’t get it...

We've already reached the peak of these with the PlayStations lol
I’m already done with the PG2

1 iD & Mamba Mentality on discount...other than that the PS4 was the peak and they made the STUPID LIMITED

Yeah, basketball only. Maybe 30 hours. I’m not discounting what you’re saying, I’m just asking because I’ve heard a few people say that but I haven’t had any issues with it.

Yeah, basketball only. Maybe 30 hours. I’m not discounting what you’re saying, I’m just asking because I’ve heard a few people say that but I haven’t had any issues with it.

It feels like the lowest part of my heel is locked in there but because it’s so low it’s almost making it feel like it’s pulling on my achilles. Maybe the fact that the forefoot sits up higher than the heel and there’s no cushioning back there has something to do with it too. I can’t fully explain it really cause I’ve never had this problem in any shoe and all I’ve worn is low tops for basketball since the Kobe 5 dropped.

80% of the time i went with the PG1, most efficient shoe for me. when i hoop i tend to stay on my toes, my knees don't get hammered like they do when i hooped in the kyrie 2s. that little front cushion is just enough comfort. support is wonderful and the fit half size up is perfect. and the traction, the best feature since my league plays on one of the least maintain indoor court ever. it's not dirty per se, but the floor is in bad shape. i don't know why, but i recently bought a second pair. i should have gotten all the colorways and then some!!!

He asks when you ordered them, but you tell him when they'll be delivered.

He asks the gwizzle of the future how you like them.

nothing but love fellas, but thanks for the laugh :lol:

He asks when you ordered them, but you tell him when they'll be delivered.

He asks the gwizzle of the future how you like them.

nothing but love fellas, but thanks for the laugh :lol:

Ha whoops! Too much smoking today... ordered mine on the 1st day btw

Back
Top Bottom