Nike players wearing Adidas stuff

Originally Posted by duke4005

I have read this for days waiting on the lock to come, but I just have to put something in here.

I consider Rock a friend, and I am white, and I don't care what his race is, or yours DC, for that matter. But him calling you Darkie because of your Dark Chocolate screen name, and you thusly getting offended, just goes in-line with the PC days we are in. Get your heart off your sleeve and grow up. Words don't hurt you on here, remember?

I am a fan of both brands, and I honestly say, in my mind, adidas has put out better products, for ME, the last couple years. They just seem to fit my foot better, I loved the idea of Formotion, whether it works or not, and lately their clothes, as I have gotten older, appeal to me more. And this LunarCrap lasting maybe three weeks is absolutely ridiculous to be considered innovative. But I can not deny, when I play at the local college courts, it is probably 10 or 15 to 1 Nike vs. adidas, so I do not think they are growing that quickly. NBA players wear adidas now because that is who sponsors the NBA, just like a few years ago when Reebok sponsored.

As for the underground high school, grassroots program growing for adidas, maybe it is because they were late to the game and just decided to throw money at the programs. Since they are new to it, they pay more than Nike for some schools. Players wear what they are given at that level. Again, it also could be because the players voted to change and like the performance, but I would bet on that level it is because of money.

And lastly, you (DC) make a comment about Kobe's sitting on the shelves. What state or city is this? In D/FW, there are very few display Kobe's around, and these are just the last 2 colors. The first 4 colors of Kobe IV's that came out were gone quickly, within a couple weeks of release. Maybe you need to get out in public and leave the basement for awhile.
The States are NYC, NJ, CT, and also in Boston. I visit the ATL often on business, and when I go shopping there, I stop in various places andguess what? The Kobe shoes are still sitting on shelves there as well.

The HOH in Harlem readily ships the shoes out to other Footlockers across the tri state, because they are not selling. The Manager comes here, then happens tobe a friend of mine. Don't believe me? Ask him.

Then in regard to Rock Shallow suggesting "darkie", you are in NO position to suggest what one Black man should say to another. You are white as yousay, then live with a certain *privilege* that does not allow you to understand, nor ever will understand. To suggest that you DO understand, exhibits thearrogance that created the disparity in the first place.

Originally Posted by ALPHAPROJECT

Adi is like the Washington Generals... All they do is make the Globetrotters look good with their bungling ways... I hope for their sake they are gaining popularity, they need it or soon they will be wiped off the map in basketball... The Globetrotters will keep mashing the Generals out regardless of what they put on the floor...
Well, nothing you put out a sells well, so I guess you are qualified to can speak on that.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Dark Chocolate wrote:
I like to look at sneakers just like the rest of you, but the depth that many of you go to in order to gain Ecred/Efame, is downright pathetic.
Dark Chocolate wrote:
There is nothing wrong with *getting yours*, but to put someone down because they might need to wear what some call "fakes", or a non popular shoe, really isn't cool.

Ecred and Efame being talked about from a guy who has made numerous Screen Names on a message board for entertainment....even creating characters with different acts to further get that entertainment. Its for entertainment and not cause E-drama or arguments? All lot of effort and time to be putting in for just fun.

And isnt putting someone because they prefer Nike and dont go to Fashion Week really not cool either? Calling some blind, skateboarders or cult members because they dont like how someone is trying to demean them isnt cool either. Multiple Screen Names on a shoe message board because they have to hid behind a keyboard by a grown man just for entertainment really aint cool either.
Guess what I just found out? That YOU have been banned as well!
roll.gif

You can say NOTHING to anyone about being banned then coming back! At least I don't give a rats behind about being banned, but you sit here then try andcall people out, and YOU have been banned before, what's the name, shall I call it out mister SHOT?
laugh.gif

You are as pathetic as I thought you were! Now go and put on your Laker pajamas, then go to sleep beneath your Kobe poster, while woman less, lifeless, andthen most definitely no more credible than the biggest lowlife politician hanging out in Airport bathrooms in Minny!
roll.gif

DC, you can not even attempt to tell another grown man what he can or can not understand, or what one Black man can say to another. I have no more privilegesthan you, probably less at this stage in my life by listening to your intelligent conversation and high-rolling associations. As a matter of fact, I would sayI understand a lot more about most of the subjects you speak on than you do. Don't let me being white bother you; it is just skin. I know right from wrong,harmful intent from not, and him typing that was in NO WAY harmful. YOU named yourself Dark Chocolate. We had no idea you were a black man until you brought itup. We all knew you were Jack Johnson, and yes, he is black, but you are also Coach Hubie, who is white. Hiding behind a white persona, are you hidingsomething? Conflicted? Who knows. Maybe just like everything else you do, just confused.

And Rock calls me Dukie, how offended should I be?

According to ESPN, Marcus Jordan will be rocking Air Jordans in his first game for the adidas sponsored University of Central Florida. Marcus will of course wear the team's adidas uniform with his Air Jordans in his first exhibition game against St. Leo's. UCF's deal with adidas expires next year and is worth around $1.9 million.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

DC, you can not even attempt to tell another grown man what he can or can not understand, or what one Black man can say to another. I have no more privileges than you, probably less at this stage in my life by listening to your intelligent conversation and high-rolling associations. As a matter of fact, I would say I understand a lot more about most of the subjects you speak on than you do. Don't let me being white bother you; it is just skin. I know right from wrong, harmful intent from not, and him typing that was in NO WAY harmful. YOU named yourself Dark Chocolate. We had no idea you were a black man until you brought it up. We all knew you were Jack Johnson, and yes, he is black, but you are also Coach Hubie, who is white. Hiding behind a white persona, are you hiding something? Conflicted? Who knows. Maybe just like everything else you do, just confused.

Well, for the *Coach Hubie* thing, he was actually a coach of mine, thus the handle. He was a funny guy, talked plenty of smack as well. Best believe if JohnThompson were my coach, it would have been Coach John..

Secondly, no matter how you feel about white privilege in this country, you still have it. This nation was made for you to live in, then be in control of. Thefact that you deny that your privilege exists, is a major part of the problem in this country. The arrogance that you've shown in your response about whatyou THINK you can speak on, really shows that you live with that privilege, even while in denial. Anyone who is truly together knows that there are somesubjects that should not be broached upon. Now you think that you know more about the Black experience in America than me, a BLACK MAN? I'll start a postin the General forum about it, so it wont mess up anything going on in this forum.

Bring it.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

According to ESPN, Marcus Jordan will be rocking Air Jordans in his first game for the adidas sponsored University of Central Florida. Marcus will of course wear the team's adidas uniform with his Air Jordans in his first exhibition game against St. Leo's. UCF's deal with adidas expires next year and is worth around $1.9 million.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

If I worked for Adidas, that'd bother me. But since I don't, I really don't care. Marcus ain't Mike, so I am sure that nobody cares
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

roll.gif

You can say NOTHING to anyone about being banned then coming back! At least I don't give a rats behind about being banned, but you sit here then try and call people out, and YOU have been banned before, what's the name, shall I call it out mister SHOT?
laugh.gif

You are as pathetic as I thought you were! Now go and put on your Laker pajamas, then go to sleep beneath your Kobe poster, while woman less, lifeless, and then most definitely no more credible than the biggest lowlife politician hanging out in Airport bathrooms in Minny!
roll.gif
Yes, I was banned before a few years ago for arguing with another NT troll and came back with this screen name.....which doesnt mean I am in noway the Niketalk legend you are. So no big deal there but nice try.
And I do actually have Laker Pajama pants and just today my wife (yes a wife who takes up alot of my life) bought me some Laker house Slippers...aint that somelove right there.
And...I do admit to having a Kobe Shepard Fairy poster that I have yet to frame and most likely it would go into my guest/office room and not above the bed.Nice fantasy though. I see you can actually do research (mister shot = sureshot...my NT screen name from 2001) but still couldnt explain why you told us awhite NBA player was banned for PED's or other false claims. Or why you call Nike buyers for their pretense and attitude when you told us Fashionistasprefer Adidas. Nice try though.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

roll.gif

You can say NOTHING to anyone about being banned then coming back! At least I don't give a rats behind about being banned, but you sit here then try and call people out, and YOU have been banned before, what's the name, shall I call it out mister SHOT?
laugh.gif

You are as pathetic as I thought you were! Now go and put on your Laker pajamas, then go to sleep beneath your Kobe poster, while woman less, lifeless, and then most definitely no more credible than the biggest lowlife politician hanging out in Airport bathrooms in Minny!
roll.gif
Yes, I was banned before a few years ago for arguing with another NT troll and came back with this screen name.....which doesnt mean I am in no way the Niketalk legend you are. So no big deal there but nice try.
And I do actually have Laker Pajama pants and just today my wife (yes a wife who takes up alot of my life) bought me some Laker house Slippers...aint that some love right there.
And...I do admit to having a Kobe Shepard Fairy poster that I have yet to frame and most likely it would go into my guest/office room and not above the bed. Nice fantasy though. I see you can actually do research (mister shot = sureshot...my NT screen name from 2001) but still couldnt explain why you told us a white NBA player was banned for PED's or other false claims. Or why you call Nike buyers for their pretense and attitude when you told us Fashionistas prefer Adidas. Nice try though.
Hey, so what? I was the coach, Jack Johnson AND Miles Davis, and then Jus God, so what? Anyone who sits here and counts the amount of names thatsomeone has, really has the issues. You live in a virtual world, good luck! Whatever false claims I have made, still isn't as bad as admitting to sleepingin laker pj's!

Well, for the *Coach Hubie* thing, he was actually a coach of mine, thus the handle. He was a funny guy, talked plenty of smack as well. Best believe if John Thompson were my coach, it would have been Coach John..

Secondly, no matter how you feel about white privilege in this country, you still have it. This nation was made for you to live in, then be in control of. The fact that you deny that your privilege exists, is a major part of the problem in this country. The arrogance that you've shown in your response about what you THINK you can speak on, really shows that you live with that privilege, even while in denial. Anyone who is truly together knows that there are some subjects that should not be broached upon. Now you think that you know more about the Black experience in America than me, a BLACK MAN? I'll start a post in the General forum about it, so it wont mess up anything going on in this forum.

Bring it.

Please, show me the arrogance I displayed. I talk with no arrogance in any response, only education and intelligence. And as a person of thiscountry, I think and can speak on ANY subject I like or wish. That is the freedoms we all enjoy, as you well know form all of your supposedly educated in thebusiness responses and topics. Since I like Nike, can I tell you what you can talk about? Nope, same reason. And I never said I know more about the blackexperience than you, but you can not tell me I have no rights to speak on what I see as wrong from either race. Now, really, it is time to quit the shenanigansof just trying to start mess. We know you hate Nike, and all of us, and I assume station in life. So really, what is more pathetic, you coming here everyday tostart this stuff up, or the people here who are tired of your silly little act and are trying to call you out? Maybe you should look in the mirror, as a proudblack man, and realize what you do is ridiculously immature. Thank you for your time. No need for a General topic.

DC, you can not even attempt to tell another grown man what he can or can not understand, or what one Black man can say to another. I have no more privileges than you, probably less at this stage in my life by listening to your intelligent conversation and high-rolling associations. As a matter of fact, I would say I understand a lot more about most of the subjects you speak on than you do. Don't let me being white bother you; it is just skin. I know right from wrong, harmful intent from not, and him typing that was in NO WAY harmful. YOU named yourself Dark Chocolate. We had no idea you were a black man until you brought it up. We all knew you were Jack Johnson, and yes, he is black, but you are also Coach Hubie, who is white. Hiding behind a white persona, are you hiding something? Conflicted? Who knows. Maybe just like everything else you do, just confused.

Your arrogance? It's right there. You cannot put yourself into a conversation about HOW Black men address each other, yet you feel that your*intelligence* gives you that right to speak on it, right? Not experience but INTELLIGENCE, right?

Not arrogant? Yeah, we have another name for white people who think that way too.

Glad for it, hopefully my review, which actually might have helped some people instead of making everyone angry, helped in your decision to purchase. Have funin them this year. And I would love to hear the name for us white people who think this way. I am sure it is just as intelligent and anti-inflammatory as therest of you rantings. But names don't bother me, neither does color. Be black, be white, be latino, asian, whatever. But just be and quit waiting oneveryone here to recognize your greatness because of it. You aren't great because of what you can't change, but because of what you DO change.

Dukie... its no use. He ALWAYS has a counterpoint...and yes... he's right.. he chooses to use his SN to be sensitive... That in itself is sad...

I guess he's going to say Im not black because my Dad isn't... altho the government and the way I grew up says differently.

Glad for it, hopefully my review, which actually might have helped some people instead of making everyone angry, helped in your decision to purchase. Have fun in them this year. And I would love to hear the name for us white people who think this way. I am sure it is just as intelligent and anti-inflammatory as the rest of you rantings. But names don't bother me, neither does color. Be black, be white, be latino, asian, whatever. But just be and quit waiting on everyone here to recognize your greatness because of it. You aren't great because of what you can't change, but because of what you DO change.
You take yourself waaayyyy too seriously.
laugh.gif
It's only avirtual world.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Dukie... its no use. He ALWAYS has a counterpoint...and yes... he's right.. he chooses to use his SN to be sensitive... That in itself is sad...

I guess he's going to say Im not black because my Dad isn't... altho the government and the way I grew up says differently.

And for the same reason, Obama is the next great white president. And yes, mods, please lock this up. It deteriorated into exactly what he wanted, sniping,flaming, and arguing over an absolutely ridiculous topic to begin with.

^^ Dukie.. its funny.. cause Obama and I both share the same birthday...and I'll take that everyday of the week.

Back
Top Bottom