Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

thats weird the pinks were everything i thought they were going to be after seeing them in store. they look about the same as the stock pics.

mine are

yeah might have been me or could have been contrast/lighting etc. I tried them on with black denim and i was like "holy pink". Against a white background on the nike stock pics i kind of thought it was more like...hint of pink. I still liked the shoes but couldn't see myself rocking them frequently

Was at he hospital over the weekend and my early launch FNL triple Black just started to pop. Pretty lame I thought u has avoided it.

Not gonna be a dealbreaker but just something to see how it progresses or stops as I wear more.

5FD1067A-5627-4B54-BB64-76FE86E739A2.jpeg

in another colorway I would probably wear these for running

I loved the Lunarepic 1's with the high ankle

I'm still waiting on this CW to drop. Nike called it "Spark Plug". Finish Line calendar has a "Blue Glow" Men's Epic React CW coming out on 5/17 (actually BLUE GLOW/WHITE-PHOTO BLUE-VOLT GLOW). Googling "nike blue glow" turns up a bunch of shoes with similar colors. So hopefully this is the one coming out soon.

SparkPlug.jpeg

Just plugging that I have been doing some experimental modifications to the Epic REACT in the sneaker art section of this forum. I feel I better understand the strengths and weaknesses of the shoe, as well as why it is designed like it is, after gradually disassembling the shoe.

https://niketalk.com/threads/epic-react-modifications-and-experiments.671801/

I have another pair arriving today and I'm going to "uncage" them: basically remove the laces and lace reinforcements on the inside and outside. The flyknit upper really shines after removing the reinforcement panels - most comfortable shoe I've ever worn. I hope Nike eventually offers a laceless version of this shoe.

epic_side_profile.jpg

Last edited:
Was at he hospital over the weekend and my early launch FNL triple Black just started to pop. Pretty lame I thought u has avoided it.

Not gonna be a dealbreaker but just something to see how it progresses or stops as I wear more.

Weren’t you one of the ones who’s was like “I’ve ran and walked 10,000 miles in these and I’ve yet to experience zero no popping, I don’t know what these guys are talking about”? Lol jk

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on this CW to drop. Nike called it "Spark Plug". Finish Line calendar has a "Blue Glow" Men's Epic React CW coming out on 5/17 (actually BLUE GLOW/WHITE-PHOTO BLUE-VOLT GLOW). Googling "nike blue glow" turns up a bunch of shoes with similar colors. So hopefully this is the one coming out soon.

SparkPlug.jpeg
Yeah these are fire reminds me of vapormax blue orbits Nike always changing the names...

Weren’t you one of the ones who’s was like “I’ve ran and walked 10,000 miles in these and I’ve yet to experience zero no popping, I don’t know what these guys are talking about”? Lol jk

Mine didn't pop at first, then only on smooth floor surfaces, then anywhere all the time VERY LOUD. It drove me NUTS. Then I made a small slit through the foot bed of the shoe in the middle of the forefoot per this forum, and the popping went away. The foot bed is a layer of white felt on top of a layer of fiber reinforced film. I found I had to get the slit through the white felt and film both, then pop problem solved.

I was gonna ask about the blue glow too. Pass for me if that’s them. I was expecting them to be like the trainers or lunar 1s.

Mine didn't pop at first, then only on smooth floor surfaces, then anywhere all the time VERY LOUD. It drove me NUTS. Then I made a small slit through the foot bed of the shoe in the middle of the forefoot per this forum, and the popping went away. The foot bed is a layer of white felt on top of a layer of fiber reinforced film. I found I had to get the slit through the white felt and film both, then pop problem solved.

I see. Cool! How big of a slit did you cut and where exactly? When you get a chance if you could post a pic of what you did that’d be appreciated bro. Need to do mines.

I see. Cool! How big of a slit did you cut and where exactly? When you get a chance if you could post a pic of what you did that’d be appreciated bro. Need to do mines.
@Diskretion posted pics a few pages back, but he glued it down (while removing air bubbles) after making the cut. THere are two small holes (front and back), use that as your guide for where to start and end the cut. I am doing this to mine this week, ill post pics if i can (its pretty tight in the shoe, not sure i can get a clear pic).

@Diskretion posted pics a few pages back, but he glued it down (while removing air bubbles) after making the cut. THere are two small holes (front and back), use that as your guide for where to start and end the cut. I am doing this to mine this week, ill post pics if i can (its pretty tight in the shoe, not sure i can get a clear pic).

I know of the glue down method my guy posted pages back. Wanted to see what @For by Six’s method looks like.

I know of the glue down method my guy posted pages back. Wanted to see what @For by Six’s method looks like.

Not sure I can take a pic as my Epics are trashed now with all the mods. I took out the insole, and then starting at the front hole I made a slit through both the felt and the fiber reinforced tape, about 3 inches toward the bottom hole (heel hole). I did not glue anything. In my shoes, the air escape path was enough to stop the pop. However, I had to make sure I cut though both the felt and fiber tape. At first I only cut through the white felt (as I didn't know there was something under it) and the pop was still there. I then put the insole back in the shoe.

Not sure I can take a pic as my Epics are trashed now with all the mods. I took out the insole, and then starting at the front hole I made a slit through both the felt and the fiber reinforced tape, about 3 inches toward the bottom hole (heel hole). I did not glue anything. In my shoes, the air escape path was enough to stop the pop. However, I had to make sure I cut though both the felt and fiber tape. At first I only cut through the white felt (as I didn't know there was something under it) and the pop was still there. I then put the insole back in the shoe.

upload_2018-4-24_14-20-51.gif

Thanks!

the left foot of my launch white/pink started popping. It's annoying and audible to other people but whatever. Not gonna return.

Where’s the rest of the “no popping gang” guys who said the issue isn’t wide spread and told all who mentioned it that they should just shut up and return their pairs? :nerd: Dudes real quiet right now lol Still no popping? :nerd:

Lol. I wasn’t the one who said to shut up and return thier pairs. But I guess I lucked out and ended up in the “no popping gang”. Never heard them pop once. First time I even heard them pop was when someone posted that video and them walking and the popping went off.

I never heard it personally. Granted that I only have one pair (Navy) but they’ve been put to use a ton when I got them a week after the initial drop (February 19?). Tons of miles running and wearing them casually.

Earlier in the day a dicks coupon came in the mail and $20 off $100. I may pick up the white ones with blue heel today and hopefully those don’t pop as well. We will find out the next new pair, whatever color it is.

Back
Top Bottom