Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

Epics better than ULTRABOOST for running. Still prefer energy boost and supernova for running. Epics are right behind them though, and the weight makes them better for sprint/quick work, IMO.

Ahhhh, 33.9 miles in and the popping has begun in my left shoe. It seems to come and go. In addition to the running, I've been wearing them around the house the last two days in an effort to stretch out the flyknit. The popping started yesterday. Today I put them on and no popping at first. After wearing them for a few hours, the popping is back. It's almost like the rubber on the outsole towards the middle of the shoe is pulling away from the foam then snapping back, causing the pop/slap noise.

Last edited:
24AD1236-2266-4B47-A3B9-D7AB769815C9.jpeg
Got my navy pair with yellow tab during launch. Have yet rock them on foot. It really reminds me of the rubber popper after seeing couple of fams reviews on the popping sound here. Might it be the rubber popper technology that give you the spring boost + loud pop? lol

If this person bought from NDC he can return it used within 30 days no questions asked; not sure if nike stores accept worn merchandise; or he can create a defect on the shoe and return it to the corresponding store (ie loosen the stitching on the pull tab)

If this person bought from NDC he can return it used within 30 days no questions asked; not sure if nike stores accept worn merchandise; or he can create a defect on the shoe and return it to the corresponding store (ie loosen the stitching on the pull tab)

I assume if the popping sound develops you can return them to Nike after the 30 day mark even when worn?

I assume if the popping sound develops you can return them to Nike after the 30 day mark even when worn?

Direct response from Nike.com:

In some instances, a very small quantity of early production Nike Epic React Flyknit shoes may make a popping noise as a result of moisture between the strobel and midsole. The inconsistency does not affect the performance of the shoe and is limited to a very small quantity. The inconsistency has also been corrected on future products. If you'd like to return the Epic Reacts we recommend working back with the original retailer to discuss your return/exchange options. If they're unable to assist, please give us a call at 1-800-806-6453 (4a-11p PT).

Direct response from Nike.com:

In some instances, a very small quantity of early production Nike Epic React Flyknit shoes may make a popping noise as a result of moisture between the strobel and midsole. The inconsistency does not affect the performance of the shoe and is limited to a very small quantity. The inconsistency has also been corrected on future products. If you'd like to return the Epic Reacts we recommend working back with the original retailer to discuss your return/exchange options. If they're unable to assist, please give us a call at 1-800-806-6453 (4a-11p PT).

I actually don't have the issue, but it's probably better to just return first and re-buy them later.

I actually don't have the issue, but it's probably better to just return first and re-buy them later.

Thats what Im wondering. Go ahead and try wearing these and see what happens or just return them now.

Thats what Im wondering. Go ahead and try wearing these and see what happens or just return them now.

If you're planning on wearing them casually, the popping is super annoying. If you're just planning on running in them, I don't think it's even noticeable, at least for me anyways. Walking around the house last night they were popping like crazy. Ran for 90 minutes in them this morning and didn't notice anything, and now they aren't popping while I'm walking around the house. If these were gonna be a casual shoe for me, I'd return them right away.

Can somebody change the title of the thread too “Popping Nike epic react”? Any casual use Peeps gettin popping sound? Or just runners? Sucks if y’all return, bc all the 1st CWS are SOLD OUT!

Why would you return them if you don't have the issue? It's not something that comes up with time. They either do or they don't.

To me, these feel similar to my uncaged ultraboosts (which are also very good). For casual wear, I prefer the normal UB's as I really like the boost/upper combination. I can't speak on Yeezys as I've never had a pair.
You should try vapor streets out they’re more comfortable react in them is softer...

Back
Top Bottom