Nike Retros For the 2012 Holidays

eek.gif
What the **@#?

Yeah, those are the penny V's. Looks like another hybrid shoe but I kinda hope it's not. Already knew Zoom Rookies and Flight ones were coming but if those are REALLY command forces and they really have the pump I'm psyched. My jaw dropped when I saw that.
Edit:

OG command force pic ofr comparison:

nike-air-command-force-1990___.jpg

damn, i dreamed one day of nike making a penny V's..i never thought they would actually make it...wow 
pimp.gif

his line was cut tooo short back in da day..

Black Flight ones are the only Retro's worth wearing. hopefully its not a quick strike and the paint job is on point.

Pics don't really do the Rookies justice. I saw the Grey ones at FL the other day and they are straight fire.

Those Forces are some sort of version of the 180 Pumps, not the Command Force. Looks like they took the dual chamber valve off the back of the ankle, but that upper is definitely a slimmed down version of the 180 hi's. Makes a degree of sense with the Olympic 180 mid coming out, they already have the midsole taken care of, so why not frankenstein the upper. They look fine to me, and I'll be happy with this version of the shoe seeing the light of day at all, though I would rather have the OG Command Force.

Peace,
J

Pretty sure the shoe the guy in the post was referring to as the Penny V's are the Rookies (Penny I cw) on the left...
Edit: nevermind I could be wrong. Just seen the sneak peak pic above.

IM ALONE BUT I THINK THE ROOKIES ARE EGGPLANT AND NOT COPPER..AND IM NOT SO SURE WHY NIKE MODELED THE PENNY V'S AFTER THE ZOOM ROOKIES... NEED MORE PICS TO SEE IF MY THEORY IS RIGHT

Originally Posted by jshortt

Those Forces are some sort of version of the 180 Pumps, not the Command Force. Looks like they took the dual chamber valve off the back of the ankle, but that upper is definitely a slimmed down version of the 180 hi's. Makes a degree of sense with the Olympic 180 mid coming out, they already have the midsole taken care of, so why not frankenstein the upper. They look fine to me, and I'll be happy with this version of the shoe seeing the light of day at all, though I would rather have the OG Command Force.

Peace,
J
this. its so rare that Nike puts out true high top basketball sneakers from the late 80s-early 90s. as for the pump removal, blame Reebok for being so spiteful towards Nike that they filed a patent on all pump technology and all functions of it. If these do well (and I have a strong feeling that they will), we can look forward to more basketball high top retros in 2013. if anything, this shoe seems to be a hybrid of the 180 and Command Force Pumps sans the technology.
I guarantee if they do a grape colorway for these they will move major units.

Those are Eggplant Zoom Rookies...but on the end are the Orlando colorway of the new Air Penny 5's!

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Arent they supposed to be coming out with a Penny V? Those might be it on the left

didnt they drop the penny V's a year ago or somethin....

and penny V's dont have clear soles if i recall

Back
Top Bottom