Nike Running Fall 2009 - Moto, Lunar, Free, Pegasus, Vomero

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

nice pics, jeff. those orange/black 4s are pretty sweet.

do you run in all your vomeros, or are some just for casual wear?

i'm sticking with the vomero 3s for now, but i'll probably try the vomero 4s at some point.
Check out the 4's. They look very similar to the 3s but fit my foot just a little bit better. I have run in 3s and 4s, but I usually run inmy lunartrainers. I will try our the lunarglides once the smaller size gets here. I also rotate in some Mizuno wave Riders and whatever Asics I happen tohave.

Those free 5s look great but they dont look like they have much support, at 8 Oz they are one of the lightest shoes out there how would they hold up for middledistance training?

The Vomero looks like a good shoe but no different to the asics/mizuno shoes out there.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Do the lunar-trainers hold up pretty well, i tried a pair on today and they feel great.
My lunartrainers have. My lunaraglides were too big so I am still waiting on the smaller size to get here.

I love my lunartrainers!! I got to try the lunarglide out. So does these run a little big? How does the fit compare to the lunartrainer?

Originally Posted by irishbaz

Those free 5s look great but they dont look like they have much support, at 8 Oz they are one of the lightest shoes out there how would they hold up for middle distance training?

The Vomero looks like a good shoe but no different to the asics/mizuno shoes out there.
I will take the Vomeros over Asics and Mizunos any day of the week (and I have several kinseis, kayanos, nimbuses, and wave riders).

Originally Posted by mjvc

I love my lunartrainers!! I got to try the lunarglide out. So does these run a little big? How does the fit compare to the lunartrainer?
Yes. .5-1.0 big.

thanks jeff, im really thinking about get those to do my 100-400m sprint workouts in......... nice avy btw, where you get the shirt from?

thanks jeff, im really thinking about get those to do my 100-400m sprint workouts in......... nice avy btw, where you get the shirt from?
It is a nike sportswear shirt that I copped at the nike outlet (first time I've been in over 6 months).

do the lunartrainer feel like the lunarglides?
I just came from finishline and tried on the lunarglides, from what I remembered they were a little more stiff than the lunartrainers, thelunartrainers I remember were very bouncy like you were walking on pillows.
They were comfortable though all the same, I didn't pick them up though because I got the Run Avants, another lunarlite shoe that just came out.

As for the sizing, I tried on 10.5's in both(my "natural" size/size I always intend to buy other things aside) and they felt about the same, andI left wondering how a .5 smaller would feel but thinking it would be TOO much smaller. I hope that helps.

Theseare the Run Avants I got instead

initially I'm very happy I got these for a total of $75 after tax(winners circle coupon/bought the shoe cleaner pack), we'll see how I feel tomorrowthough when I hit the gym

Jeff

Finished up with my second pair of Brooks GTS 9s. Want to get a pair of Nikes with the + in them. What shoes is the closest to em?

Better IMO. Much cushier, but more than that, they just fit my foot alot better. I had to go down .5 size in the glides and even then theydon't fit quite right.

Originally Posted by HMack007

Jeff

Finished up with my second pair of Brooks GTS 9s. Want to get a pair of Nikes with the + in them. What shoes is the closest to em?

Not real sure (as I usually stick to Nike, Asics and Mizuno), but from the looks of it I would say Nike Zoom Structure Triax+ 12. If you want the best onesfor you go to a true runnnig shoe store and have them check your weight, gait, etc... As long as you stick with a Bowerman series shoe, the new Nikes arepretty good (despite the old school of thought that Nike doesn't make good runners). Check out the Vomero 4s. They are pretty pillowy if you like thatfeeling.

Sup fellas, didn't know where else to put this but:

how do Nike Free Everyday fit?

I'm planning on getting a pair but would like some opinions from some folks before I purchase online.

*Also which would you guys recommend the Nike LunarTrainer or Nike Free Everyday for lets say running / training?

Originally Posted by MPowers16

435002201_dvB2i-S.jpg
These are the best IMO
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Better IMO. Much cushier, but more than that, they just fit my foot alot better. I had to go down .5 size in the glides and even then they don't fit quite right.
Thanks Jeff, im really leaning towards getting a pair. They would be good for 100m-400m sprints as well as last long you think?

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Better IMO. Much cushier, but more than that, they just fit my foot alot better. I had to go down .5 size in the glides and even then they don't fit quite right.
Thanks Jeff, im really leaning towards getting a pair. They would be good for 100m-400m sprints as well as last long you think?
I am not sure how long they would hold up to sprints. There isn't much to them. Just the sole and flimsy mesh upper (which is why they areso light).

copped the free 5.0's white/reds.....new running shoes for me. used to wear the lunartrainers....wonder how these compare.

just a heads up, the free 5.0 v4s have hit Ross. copped the university blue/obsidians for 23.99. will post a pic after my kids go to bed.

Back
Top Bottom