Nike SB Jordan 1 to be released in 2012 (topics merged)

jordan-1-x-nike-sb-set-for-2012-release-date-0.jpg

Shout out to Modern Notoriety for the info

This year marks the 10th anniversary for Nike SB and to celebrate this special occasion, rumors have it that Nike SB is set to release an Air Jordan 1, in collaboration with Nike’s Skateboard line. No word on a release date yet but stay tuned with Modern Notoriety for more news on the Air Jordan 1 x Nike SB Collaboration Set for 2012. Via NSB

I wonder what colorways are going to drop. If the Chicagos in the pic is one of them, count me in

I guess I'm not surprised....They've already whored out the AJ1 as much as they possibly could. Why not kill it?

Originally Posted by ijapino

I guess I'm not surprised....They've already whored out the AJ1 as much as they possibly could. Why not kill it?

One thing's for sure..Nike Air would finally return to the Jordan 1. If they did this right, the could make a killing. I wouldnt be opposed to a Jordan 1 with Zoom Air and extra padding.

Originally Posted by sthebest

One thing's for sure..Nike Air would finally return to the Jordan 1. If they did this right, the could make a killing. I wouldnt be opposed to a Jordan 1 with Zoom Air and extra padding.

With the exception of the tongue, it wouldn't really make a difference. It is pretty much imperative that any pair of 1's have the Swoosh since it's such a big part of the shoe. Not counting the white/met silver 1's of course.

Thats not for certain. Jordan Brand would probably just slap on the Jumpman like they did with the Phats.

Thats not for certain. Jordan Brand would probably just slap on the Jumpman like they did with the Phats.
you think so? I would think that the Nike SB tag would be on the tongue. If they slapped a Jumpman on them, it would probably be on the back. Hopefully they realize the Air Jordan wings logo is enough branding for the shoe. The jumpman has no place on the Jordan 1 and 2.

if it's the colorway shown in the photo, i'm all for it. given the right materials though and build. better not be charging 160 for retail sb's though.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Can the leave my favorite Jordan ALONE already. Please

Don't worry, everyones favorite model will be squeezed of any magic it has left, the AJ 1 won't be the last.

excuse me for being dumb, but what makes an sb an sb? how will this be any different to regular retros or the fat line?

will they just have a hell of a lot of padding making them look like having an allergic reaction to a bee sting?

Yea they already have one (actually 2 if you count the phats) it's called the Alpha 1's and they bricked out harder then most HipHop cd's....

This is a last desperate move by SB to stay relevant....talking about whoring out a line...it's 10 years so expect to see a TON of reissues..and just to really piss everyone off...White Black and Red..vintage look (similar to AJKO) SB logos but exclusives to Skateshop so expect price point north of $125 (to start) for some Jay 1's...SMDH...

I got my banneds...unless they drop Black and Blues in the same manner..I'm good on 1's (unless its on the bay for $20 to $30 bucks...lol)

Originally Posted by eltouha

excuse me for being dumb, but what makes an sb an sb? how will this be any different to regular retros or the fat line?

will they just have a hell of a lot of padding making them look like having an allergic reaction to a bee sting?

SBs usually have Zoom Air cushoning, stuffed/fat tongues, and nowadays modified, more durable outsole. Im just guessing here, but I imagine they will be similar in cut to the AJ1 Phats. 

If these look nice, I sincerely hope they will be sold at both NikeSB AND JB accounts. SB accounts are few and far between around my way
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Yea they already have one (actually 2 if you count the phats) it's called the Alpha 1's and they bricked out harder then most HipHop cd's....

This is a last desperate move by SB to stay relevant....talking about whoring out a line...it's 10 years so expect to see a TON of reissues..and just to really piss everyone off...White Black and Red..vintage look (similar to AJKO) SB logos but exclusives to Skateshop so expect price point north of $125 (to start) for some Jay 1's...SMDH...

I got my banneds...unless they drop Black and Blues in the same manner..I'm good on 1's (unless its on the bay for $20 to $30 bucks...lol)

That sounds about right. Because of the history of people skating in Jordan 1 in the 80s, I can almost guarantee that itll be a OG colorway. I too can see it being Chicagos. Breds have been whored to death and Black/Blue has already released as a J-Pack low. 

Originally Posted by coco8723

had to be a jordan 1.. guess couldnt really use any other

Id like to see 3,4,5, and 6. They all have pretty flat bottoms. 6s might be a stretch but I think they would work out great as far as practicality. Cant see it ever happening tho.

Originally Posted by Addicted2fresh

Id like to see 3,4,5, and 6. They all have pretty flat bottoms. 6s might be a stretch but I think they would work out great as far as practicality. Cant see it ever happening tho.
Its a Jordan 1 because that's what alot of skaters wore in the 80s because of the high cut ankle protection and flat bottoms. Its part of the reason why Nike SB chose the Nike Dunk as their flagship model due to the similarities of the Jordan 1.

The AJ1 has actually been credited with being one of the best skate shoes of all time.  So this does not surprise me.  This could be a cool concept if they can pull it off.  I just hope they use some OG colorways with maybe a little flair, but stay pretty true to the OG. 

Originally Posted by Addicted2fresh

Its a Jordan 1 because that's what alot of skaters wore in the 80s because of the high cut ankle protection and flat bottoms. Its part of the reason why Nike SB chose the Nike Dunk as their flagship model due to the similarities of the Jordan 1.

Yep. I actually found my post from 08 when JB starting releasing the Flipsydes as an SB shoe and I couldn't believe they passed up the chance to use the Jordan 1 model. smh I guess now the time is right. Thanks to the OP for the info and I heard Todd Bratrud designed the deck.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

http://niketalk.com/topic/70367/What-the-1st-Jordan-Skateboard-shoe-should-have-looked-like?page=1

Back
Top Bottom