Nike SB x Jordan IV? - 2023

Have you even worn them? I see a bunch of unworn pairs in this thread. I can wear the SBs all day cause they re-designed them for comfort. Can’t say the same thing about my AMMs at all. It’s a hard, uncomfortable shoe

That I can admit pretty easily. The pic I posted above was from when my sb 4s touched down. But the SBs were comfortable from the jump. It took the better part of my vacation back in January to break in the AMMs. They’ve felt great ever since.

I've never understood the hype around all black/Black Cat models. It's literally just a plain black shoe. :ohwell:

Growing up, triple black meant automatically beater shoe lol I don’t know a single person including myself that was concerned about the well being of their black cat 3s and black cat 4s back in 2006-2007

Have you even worn them? I see a bunch of unworn pairs in this thread. I can wear the SBs all day cause they re-designed them for comfort. Can’t say the same thing about my AMMs at all. It’s a hard, uncomfortable shoe

Yeah, I'm actually on my 2nd pair of AMM4s. First pair I went a full-size up on them as I normally alternate between TTS and half-size up on J4s. People were saying these were so tight, even after going half a size-up, so I went a full-size up as I said.

Wore them enough to break them in and found they were too loose. Sold them and bought a TTS pair - they feel a bit tight but I'm expecting them to loosen up just like the first pair.

Yeah, I'm actually on my 2nd pair of AMM4s. First pair I went a full-size up on them as I normally alternate between TTS and half-size up on J4s. People were saying these were so tight, even after going half a size-up, so I went a full-size up as I said.

Wore them enough to break them in and found they were too loose. Sold them and bought a TTS pair - they feel a bit tight but I'm expecting them to loosen up just like the first pair.
I was talking about the SB’s lol

I was talking about the SB’s lol

Even if you were, your post doesn't read like it. "lol".

No I haven't worn the SB4s yet because I'm not sure on whether I like the look of them. Initially I was supremely hyped on the shape but when I got them in hand, I found them to be quite puffy. It's a hot take, but I've thus far held off as they're worth more DS if I choose to sell them.

I don't resell, I bought to wear, but I wear what I like not what is hyped, which these were.

I'm on the fence about the look on foot.

Even if you were, your post doesn't read like it. "lol".

No I haven't worn the SB4s yet because I'm not sure on whether I like the look of them. Initially I was supremely hyped on the shape but when I got them in hand, I found them to be quite puffy. It's a hot take, but I've thus far held off as they're worth more DS if I choose to sell them.

I don't resell, I bought to wear, but I wear what I like not what is hyped, which these were.

I'm on the fence about the look on foot.
I’d move on if you own a shoe for most of a year and don’t know if you even like how it looks. Probably could double or triple down on shoes you know you would wear.

Im following what you sayin, but shoes absolutely get points for being versatile.

Shoes like the AMM 4 takes a more concentrated effort to put a fit together and a lot of times get forgotten in the stacks.

I mean I think “versatility” is a matter of personal taste. Like AMM4s are more versatile for me because my color pallet is mostly muted colors and earth tones. I don’t wear really wear bright primary and secondary colors. Also I’m not into pinpoint color matching

C61AA255-58BC-458A-82E2-8B196494D6B0.jpeg

I just think there’s more versatile outfits to be created with AMM4s. Any time I see SB4s posted it seems like it’s just all St Patrick’s Day fits. Tan cargos, pin point matching green shirt or flannel, green hat

Also AMM4s so much sturdier. Done wore them through the streets of Paris, Philly, Pittsburgh. Even to a night spot one time. They still look amazing. Low maintenance shoe

Finally… just in my experience. When people/civilians compliment the AMM4s they actually compliment the shoe and how dope it looks. When people come up to you to talk about SB4s it’s always about “Omg those are so rare” “Yo! You got those? You know how much they cost?!” .. Just general hypebeast nonsense conversations. Does nothing for me

:emoji_100:As usual people are overreacting because of hype.

This is a mild colorway, there are probably a dozen or more better colorways.

And it's not the shape either because 4s have been selling out and been hyped with bad shapes for 20+ years.

Agreed. Without the SB marketing attached they would definitely be considered a “mild color way” even with the shape (since most kids lusting after these don’t even know what a good 4 shape is). Great way to put it. Resale would be like $320. But you add some cushioning and put SB on the back that somehow takes them to $600 before fees. I can’t make that math make sense

I’d move on if you own a shoe for most of a year and don’t know if you even like how it looks. Probably could double or triple down on shoes you know you would wear.

You could be right but the benefit of having so many shoes is that decisions like this don't need to be forced. Instead of wearing them maybe 10 times this year, I haven't worn them at all and just enjoyed other shoes while I contemplate what I do with them. They keep rising in price so it's not a bad position to be in. I don't need the money to fund pick-ups either so I'm happy just doing what I'm doing. Good size too (US 12)

After wearing both pairs it’s my opinion the AMMs have the better colorway. SBs have better comfortability and shape. The insole is weird in the AMM.

Same could be said about AMM 4’s :rolleyes

Without the collab, you’re telling me that they still would have sold? Stop it.

To bruh that said he only sees st Patrick fits with the SB’s….u gotta get off NT bro lol, respectfully.

What? AMM4s came out at the height of 4 hype. Of course they would have sold. If those god awful Midnight Navy’s sold, these would have sold without the collab marketing.

If people was paying $500 for Black Canvas 4s, AMM4s was definitely moving regardless. That’s where we were last year

But I know how the logic is on here. AMM4s selling for $350-400, and SB4s moving for $600 TheRefOre sB4 BetTeR

Also, feel free to post a fit. Would love to see how you styled the SB4s

I bought my sb4 at resell thinking I would love them. The off white upper just threw me off. Finally ended up selling them last week to break even. They're not for everyone.

Especially the way they tend to execute them without any contrasting materials, lines, etc. There’s definitely ways to make all black shoes interesting, JB/nike just doesn’t know how to do it anymore.

Exxxactly!

shoes don’t get points for versatility for me when I have more shoes than I can hope to wear. And I’m always shopping for stuff that I think will compliment any shoe that I have, so If I like the shoe I’ll create avenues to wear them. That said I don’t like comparing these two releases because they scratch 2 very different itches. Anyone in the market for something that’s along the lines of a more traditional Jordan 4 is gonna find that in the SBs but not in the AMMs.
IMG_8164.png
AMM 4s >>> SB

It’s the colorway of the SB that keeps me away… like why smh. Ugly *** Celtics colors

Back
Top Bottom