Nike Shox / Carter's injury? Myth or truth?

Every now and then I see people saying how Shox shoes were responsible for Carters injuries? Can anyone shed a light on this subject please...

I never heard this

I do recall he had issues with one of his shoes (I believe it was the VC IIIs?) and he wore the previous iteration of the shoe instead. I forget what theissues were but Nike had to modify them. It could ahve been injury related or not

I have no facts to back this up, however, I do believe that shox are actually bad for your knees.

Well, I guess it's common sense(?)

The heel of your foot is only supported by four columns of the shox design. Even with full-length shox, your foot is supported by columns, which is higher offthe ground than any other cushioning. So if you cut laterally on sharp angles, the weight of your body is shifted to one side of the columns, which makes thedistribution uneven.

Just my two cents. Take it for what it's worth.

yea the first couple shoxs shoes by Nike are really stiff but then jumping 36, 37 inches in the air night in and out isn't healthy for the knee either. VCshould have went with full length zoom or air max Imagine Nike Air Zoom Carter
grin.gif
tired.gif

as far as aesthetics go they are eye candy. had the shox bb before and it kinda felt stiff

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

I have no facts to back this up, however, I do believe that shox are actually bad for your knees.

The heel of your foot is only supported by four columns of the shox design. Even with full-length shox, your foot is supported by columns, which is higher off the ground than any other cushioning. So if you cut laterally on sharp angles, the weight of your body is shifted to one side of the columns, which makes the distribution uneven.

yea i so agree with this...

-Tyler

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

yea the first couple shoxs shoes by Nike are really stiff but then jumping 36, 37 inches in the air night in and out isn't healthy for the knee either. VC should have went with full length zoom or air max Imagine Nike Air Zoom Carter
grin.gif
tired.gif
definitely true.. after time its going to take a total on your knees and the shox didnt help i guess. Lebron changed to softer shoes after theIII's and now to the high impact protected VII's to try not to go through the same thing VC did possibly.

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

The heel of your foot is only supported by four columns of the shox design. Even with full-length shox, your foot is supported by columns, which is higher off the ground than any other cushioning. So if you cut laterally on sharp angles, the weight of your body is shifted to one side of the columns, which makes the distribution uneven.

i've thought that as well. like playing ball on high heels

Back
Top Bottom