Nike SNKRS App Nike.com/SNKRS

Adidas' app (Confirmed) uses your phones GPS location to decide if you can even purchase the kicks (Yeezy's). So you know how now Nike has a window when you can enter the online raffle....Adidas' app does that within the app and then if the phone is in the area of the release they can enter for to RSVP.

Adidas' app (Confirmed) uses your phones GPS location to decide if you can even purchase the kicks (Yeezy's). So you know how now Nike has a window when you can enter the online raffle....Adidas' app does that within the app and then if the phone is in the area of the release they can enter for to RSVP.

Thank you for the explanation. Repped. 8)

Did the cork 90s just drop?

Not showing thru SNKRS for me and that would be an interesting restock....

@Twanzilla - its not to a good idea or more importantly don't see how it will inoculate the online system against bots, better allocate stock, or ensure a better 'customer experience'. Supposedly, bots and customer experience was cited by Nike as the reason to move JB retros from the SNKRS/NDC. The question that will be interesting to see is what happens for folks who don't live near a Nike Retail experience - specifically Nike retail that sells retros (this leaves out factories, community stores and outlet offerings).

Not showing thru SNKRS for me and that would be an interesting restock....

@Twanzilla - its not to a good idea or more importantly don't see how it will inoculate the online system against bots, better allocate stock, or ensure a better 'customer experience'. Supposedly, bots and customer experience was cited by Nike as the reason to move JB retros from the SNKRS/NDC. The question that will be interesting to see is what happens for folks who don't live near a Nike Retail experience - specifically Nike retail that sells retros (this leaves out factories, community stores and outlet offerings).

How is it not a good idea? If they move to a location-based reservation service like Adidas is doing, it's a great idea (for those who live near Nike stores). It clearly isn't a move to address bots but it is a move to get shoes into the hands of people who live in certain areas rather than having an online free for all. I don't think anyone claimed that this update was specifically to counter bots.

How is it not a good idea? If they move to a location-based reservation service like Adidas is doing, it's a great idea (for those who live near Nike stores). It clearly isn't a move to address bots but it is a move to get shoes into the hands of people who live in certain areas rather than having an online free for all. I don't think anyone claimed that this update was specifically to counter bots.

nike is creating a tighter bottleneck by focusing on only Nike retail locations. At least previously if you didn't live near a nike online retail experience you could pick up through NDC, but you can't do that now and this system doesn't change that. This doesn't get shoes into the hands of folks instead wiith a bottle neck this bolsters the resell/preorder market as folks are shutout of a viable option to cop. Nike said the reason for pulling the retros from SNKRS/NDC was about customers which alluded to the bots issue....

This update is faulty cause it doesn't address any of Nike's own stated reasons. If this update at least attempted to address either I'd be more apt to give an 'E' for effort but instead it's adding an element that is going to be more problems then solution-centered. As someone who lives in NYC I HAVE 2.5 nike retail (NTNY, 21Mercer, DSM) options and know the tagging will keep many of the 19M in the metro area from entering raffles - which hopefully is good for me.

Forgot all about this app until I saw the update. Js still not bein sold on it? Sheesh. Why even try and update if they not gonna address the real issue? Oh well I guess

Forgot all about this app until I saw the update. Js still not bein sold on it? Sheesh. Why even try and update if they not gonna address the real issue? Oh well I guess

Yea lets abandon the app because the "real" issue isn't resolve. Let's also not update nike.com until the "real" issue is resolved :lol:

nike is creating a tighter bottleneck by focusing on only Nike retail locations. At least previously if you didn't live near a nike online retail experience you could pick up through NDC, but you can't do that now and this system doesn't change that. This doesn't get shoes into the hands of folks instead wiith a bottle neck this bolsters the resell/preorder market as folks are shutout of a viable option to cop. Nike said the reason for pulling the retros from SNKRS/NDC was about customers which alluded to the bots issue....

This update is faulty cause it doesn't address any of Nike's own stated reasons. If this update at least attempted to address either I'd be more apt to give an 'E' for effort but instead it's adding an element that is going to be more problems then solution-centered. As someone who lives in NYC I HAVE 2.5 nike retail (NTNY, 21Mercer, DSM) options and know the tagging will keep many of the 19M in the metro area from entering raffles - which hopefully is good for me.

I think you're looking at this from the wrong angle. Yes, it hurts people who don't live near Nike stores but so does the current reservation system unless they are willing to drive long distances. It looks like this update was geared towards integrating that reservation system into the app based on location. This definitely keeps bots from getting pairs and gives people who live within those particular areas a better shot at actually getting the shoes. I think you're focusing on the app as a means to combat bots specifically. The update isn't "faulty" by any means though. You just don't think it's enough. And that's fine.

I don't think @HipHopSays   gets that this update has nothing to do with Nike fixing their "bot" issue and getting ndc releases back on track.

This update is to address the issue with people that don't live within a reasonable distance of a nikestore reserving shoes they could never pick up.

This does not affect those that don't live close to nikestores negatively, outside of the fact that they can no longer "practice" reserving releases.

I don't think @HipHopSays
  gets that this update has nothing to do with Nike fixing their "bot" issue and getting ndc releases back on track.

This update is to address the issue with people that don't live within a reasonable distance of a nikestore reserving shoes they could never pick up.
This does not affect those that don't live close to nikestores negatively, outside of the fact that they can no longer "practice" reserving releases.

Exactly.

Can someone school me on the reserve or give me a link?

I already confirmed my mobile on the desktop app. I just never see a reserve link except once I think. Is that because the reservations have been minimal?

The reservation links are inactive after the period closes so I don't think you'll be able to find one with any info.

The Nike store tweets out the link, you sign up during the 30 minute window and after the window closes, they send you an email if you got a reservation. Then you have to go to the store you reserved the shoes and pick them up during a designated window. So far, I think that LA, NYC, Chicago, Las Vegas and DC are the only ones that have done it.

The reservation links are inactive after the period closes so I don't think you'll be able to find one with any info.

The Nike store tweets out the link, you sign up during the 30 minute window and after the window closes, they send you an email if you got a reservation. Then you have to go to the store you reserved the shoes and pick them up during a designated window. So far, I think that LA, NYC, Chicago, Las Vegas and DC are the only ones that have done it.

Gotcha thanks.

I already confirmed my mobile on the desktop app. I just never see a reserve link except once I think. Is that because the reservations have been minimal?
I believe your NikeDC.  So far they only reserved Bordeauxs, other stores got in on the raffles a couple releases earlier.

No other shoes have been raffled online since bordeauxs though.

I believe your NikeDC.  So far they only reserved Bordeauxs, other stores got in on the raffles a couple releases earlier.
No other shoes have been raffled online since bordeauxs though.

Gotcha thanks. I was wondering what was going on :lol:

That time they did it, my son had my phone and when I got it back it was too late to try.

The Twitter reserve releases happened as a stop gap after nike pulled JB retro releases from the SNKRS app and the NDC. Since you have confirmed your number you're good. As of the Bourdeux release all Niketowns/Nike city locations use Twitter raffle system. There's a window of time a link to enter is tweeted. Upside of the raffle you know either way within hours of it ending if you won. If you haven't updated your SNKRS app ... You probably should do that

The Twitter reserve releases happened as a stop gap after nike pulled JB retro releases from the SNKRS app and the NDC.
The new Nikestore raffle had nothing to do with JB pulling retros from ndc.  The raffles were what was next after nike realized the previous form of twitter rsvp was completely compromised by rsvp services.

Last edited:
The new Nikestore raffle had nothing to do with JB pulling retros from ndc.  The raffles were what was next after nike realized the previous form of twitter rsvp was completely compromised by rsvp services.

In February during all-star week nike was giving out the 'invites' for SNKRS and when I was wondering if it was worth getting since there was already the Twitter captcha raffles ... From the conversation it was told to me and the other folks around this (SNKRS) and NDC would be the primary way to buy nike sneakers. of course by the Chicago drop nike decided to pull it from release on the app AND NDC which leads me to believe nike recognizes its app issue and NDC issue are one in the same/similar. If Twitter is suppose to be an integrated part of the online sales experience how come no link to it from within the app? ... It does link to NDC though....

I think the SNKRS issue and the NDC issue have some distinct characteristics .... But at the end of the day if Nike pulled retros from both at the same time I got to recognize there might be some similarity (if it was solely 1 or the other Nike could have let the app release go as planned and pulled from NDC cause it did have a release it Niketown for them).

Back
Top Bottom