Nike SNKRS App Nike.com/SNKRS

The new Nikestore raffle had nothing to do with JB pulling retros from ndc.  The raffles were what was next after nike realized the previous form of twitter rsvp was completely compromised by rsvp services.

In February during all-star week nike was giving out the 'invites' for SNKRS and when I was wondering if it was worth getting since there was already the Twitter captcha raffles ... From the conversation it was told to me and the other folks around this (SNKRS) and NDC would be the primary way to buy nike sneakers. of course by the Chicago drop nike decided to pull it from release on the app AND NDC which leads me to believe nike recognizes its app issue and NDC issue are one in the same/similar. If Twitter is suppose to be an integrated part of the online sales experience how come no link to it from within the app? ... It does link to NDC though....

I think the SNKRS issue and the NDC issue have some distinct characteristics .... But at the end of the day if Nike pulled retros from both at the same time I got to recognize there might be some similarity (if it was solely 1 or the other Nike could have let the app release go as planned and pulled from NDC cause it did have a release it Niketown for them).

Lots of speculation there but fact is fixing in store raffle issues have been something Nike has been trying to do for the last 2 years.
Twitter rsvp was permanently shelved since before any of us knew that SNKRs even existed. In store issues and online issues are separate and both have to be dealt with. We'll see how they implement geolocation but I highly doubt it'll have an affect on NDC releases.

What could be nice is if they made or allowed people that won raffle pairs to pay for their shoes before pickup and reraffle pairs not paid for by a certain cutoff.

Anyone get any more info on this event? I signed up but still no info as follow up. Don't know if I should just show up or what... It's about 7+ hours away lol
if youre considering traveling for 14 hours, then it does appear you have a lot of free time.

Just taking a day off and hoping to score something worth the time

Same boat but I'm only 160 miles out vs what you have going on. Thing is, I'm not really trying to go for nothing due to tolls being the devil to get into NYC :lol:

Just taking a day off and going to score something worth the time
Same boat but I'm only 160 miles out vs what you have going on. Thing is, I'm not really trying to go for nothing due to tolls being the devil to get into NYC :lol:

"no tolls" option on google maps is only 15 minutes longer
if you actually plan to make it out hit me up

Just taking a day off and going to score something worth the time

"no tolls" option on google maps is only 15 minutes longer
if you actually plan to make it out hit me up

Google maps lies....

ive never caught it in a lie. either way, driving 7 hours, a few tolls wont stop me

ive never caught it in a lie. either way, driving 7 hours, a few tolls wont stop me

Those few tolls come up to like $100 round trip for me (estimate) plus time and gas. Just saying that I'm not sure I want to invest that kind of time and money for nothing.

Does this look like a valid route in? I've never been in the city before so I'm asking for some valid input, I appreciate it fellas.
Yeah that will get you there. My only question is since 348 bowery st isn't a regular Nike store location, it was an ASW pop up shop, what exactly is the event.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't think I'd drive that long without knowing what might be there. Unless you really have nothing else to do.

Man, I was all in til I drove to NY a couple of months ago for the first time.
Dem tolls.... :smh:
Dat traffic.... :smh:

Scared of what the Friday traffic would look like.

Man, I was all in til I drove to NY a couple of months ago for the first time.
Dem tolls.... :smh:
Dat traffic.... :smh:

Scared of what the Friday traffic would look like.
Friday traffic on labor day weekend. West Indian day parade brings in so many visitors.

Does this look like a valid route in? I've never been in the city before so I'm asking for some valid input, I appreciate it fellas.
That route uses the GW which for non eazypass users is like $14 going to the city and is too far north for where your going. 

Its better to enter the city at the Holland tunnel which will put you in lower manhattan close to bowery. 

But regardless how you try to enter NYC you will pay a toll coming from NJ. 

Also I would plan to get there as early as possible giving it will be rush hour and parking will be nearly impossible unless your going to park in a garage 

[QUOTE name="skep" url="/t/619581/nike-snkrs-app-nike-com-snkrs/3200_100#post_23996921

That route uses the GW which for non eazypass users is like $14 going to the city and is too far north for where your going. 

Its better to enter the city at the Holland tunnel which will put you in lower manhattan close to bowery. 

Also I would plan to get there as early as possible giving it will be rush hour and parking will be nearly impossible unless your going to park in a garage 
[/quote]
Holland tunnel traffic is as bad or worse than NYC traffic because of construction so if you're trying to save time take the Lincoln. I'd take the Verrazano bridge for free before I sat in that Holland tunnel mess! LOL

Well good news is I'd likely be getting there over night, leaving home at like 8pm or something, not sure yet. So traffic well likely not be a factor. And leave before afternoon rush

Holland tunnel traffic is as bad or worse than NYC traffic because of construction so if you're trying to save time take the Lincoln. I'd take the Verrazano bridge for free before I sat in that Holland tunnel mess! LOL[/quote]
You have to pay to enter NYC from NJ ( Goethals or Outer Bridge) regardless; so Verrazano only helps when your NYC but its going to be traffic entering the city for non-NYC residents anyway. 

The best solution would be to park in NJ and take the PATH or ferry into the city. 

Well good news is I'd likely be getting there over night, leaving home at like 8pm or something, not sure yet. So traffic well likely not be a factor. And leave before afternoon rush
Might as well make a day out of it instead of leaving at noon, you will be in a decent area to checkout sneaker shops and food  

Might as well make a day out of it instead of leaving at noon, you will be in a decent area to checkout sneaker shops and food  

Plus it's no guarantee skep will be free at noon anyways

If the Bowery pop up turns out to be a redux of the all-star week pop up .... There will be some hurt feelings for all that driving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom