NIKE STORES IMPLEMENTING THE RSVP SYSTEM

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

some of you guys love to blow up your spot. smh.

It's the worst thing they can do.  Whenever you try to help out, you're actually decreasing your chances to pick up a pair for yourself. 

The thirst for e-props is astounding. I'll never understand it.

Originally Posted by nightruans

Originally Posted by Airtwo3jrdn

I see this ending quick. If you knew how you could actually set a rule in twitter to text you any tweet from a specific person or twitter account. This way you don't have to check twitter all day. Then you can set a rule in your phone and e-mail if your smart enough to auto respond as a direct message with your size and last four of your drivers license. Then through VBA coding have it auto add the hashtag in the message. Sounds like a lot but I tested it and it takes less then a second from recieving the tweet and sending the DM. I believe this info will get out quickly and sabatoge the process because essentially you don't have to do anything and you will be the first to respond. Not only that but what's gonna stop people from purposely submitting requests and not picking up the shoe to sabatoge the process?

This man KNOWS
Yeah, and Nike knows too ... which is exactly why you have to include a unique #twittertag in the DM when responding to the message. 
eyes.gif

And in re: VBA Coding, lol ... is it really that serious? There's an easier way. But like someone else said, I'm not about to blow up the spot. Those who know, they know.

Originally Posted by ericjunior

Originally Posted by Airtwo3jrdn

I see this ending quick. If you knew how you could actually set a rule in twitter to text you any tweet from a specific person or twitter account. This way you don't have to check twitter all day. Then you can set a rule in your phone and e-mail if your smart enough to auto respond as a direct message with your size and last four of your drivers license. Then through VBA coding have it auto add the hashtag in the message. Sounds like a lot but I tested it and it takes less then a second from recieving the tweet and sending the DM. I believe this info will get out quickly and sabatoge the process because essentially you don't have to do anything and you will be the first to respond. Not only that but what's gonna stop people from purposely submitting requests and not picking up the shoe to sabatoge the process?

This man KNOWS
Yeah, and Nike knows too ... which is exactly why you have to include a unique #twittertag in the DM when responding to the message. 
eyes.gif
its not hard to parse a hashtag from their tweets bro

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

This man KNOWS
eyes.gif
Lol, and that's why the tweet contains more than one hashtag - and not only that, but how are you going to single out which tweet to respond to? Nike accounts tweet all day - and when they do tweet out a RSVP notification, the rules are broken up into at least two diff tweets.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Airtwo3jrdn wrote:

?

BRO.....

PART OF MY JOB INVOLVES WRITING CODE AND I WAS JUST AT MY DESK TODAY AT WORK WRITING SOMETHING JUST LIKE THIS UP.

IF NIKE DALLAS DOES THIS RSVP THING WITH THE YEEZY'S IT'S OVER. THE CODE WILL BE USED.
devil.gif

thought you were an accountant

Just RSVP'd my Playoff 12's. Had to message them on the dot, right when they tweeted. My friend messaged em 2 minutes later and couldnt get his pair. 
You really gotta be on point with this system

Originally Posted by ImaDreamer

Just RSVP'd my Playoff 12's. Had to message them on the dot, right when they tweeted. My friend messaged em 2 minutes later and couldnt get his pair. 

Where are you located ?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Fully Calibrated

Originally Posted by ImaDreamer

Where are you located ?
eek.gif
RSVP'd at NikeTown at San Francisco, took them about 30-45 minutes to get back to me.

This system just ensured that I will never get a pair of anything from a Niketown ever again. I can't sit on twitter all day at my job. Doesn't really matter anyway. I haven't bought a new release at Niketown in years

Originally Posted by beansietime

This system just ensured that I will never get a pair of anything from a Niketown ever again. I can't sit on twitter all day at my job. Doesn't really matter anyway. I haven't bought a new release at Niketown in years.

You don't have a phone?

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

This system just ensured that I will never get a pair of anything from a Niketown ever again. I can't sit on twitter all day at my job. Doesn't really matter anyway. I haven't bought a new release at Niketown in years.

You don't have a phone?

Even with a phone you still gotta be on point, like making sure you didn't miss a notification from them and replying within 30 seconds...in my area at least.
Its a good idea its just very tedious, rather get wristbands IMO

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

eyes.gif
Lol, and that's why the tweet contains more than one hashtag - and not only that, but how are you going to single out which tweet to respond to? Nike accounts tweet all day - and when they do tweet out a RSVP notification, the rules are broken up into at least two diff tweets.

You can mine and copy anything with # in from of it. That's not hard. But you are right, It was hard to figure out a way to respond to the right message. I followed each Nike town and each added, "RSVP". I had the code respond to any letters subsequently in that order. Still a few tweaks I need to do in order to get it to respond to a specific tweet rather than more than 1. It works perfectly. Believe it or not this system can easily be taken over by many people doing this sooner or later. It's already worked for me twice. Believe it or not, I don't care. Good luck to all who have a different process. You'll need it.

You don't have a phone?

I have a phone,but I also have a staff of line cooks, prep cooks, dishwashers, storekeepers, wait staff, and a sous chef that count on me to be responsible for what is going on in my restaurant. And for me not to be sitting in the office on my phone all day.

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Airtwo3jrdn wrote:

?

BRO.....

PART OF MY JOB INVOLVES WRITING CODE AND I WAS JUST AT MY DESK TODAY AT WORK WRITING SOMETHING JUST LIKE THIS UP.

IF NIKE DALLAS DOES THIS RSVP THING WITH THE YEEZY'S IT'S OVER. THE CODE WILL BE USED.
devil.gif

thought you were an accountant
LOL. WHAT?
laugh.gif

NO MAN I'M AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER W/ ONLY 2 CLASSES AWAY FROM HAVING A MINOR IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING.

Nice of Nike to once again look out for themselves only. This means less pairs available at NT on release date and more crowded lines at other stores early Sat mornings because of no midnight release. If Nike wanted to get things right they would just have a pre-order system at every Nike account.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Someone fill me in please.

I don't understand the concept and how it work

Too lazy to read all that

You said it, you're lazy. Go home little boy.

You don't have a phone?

I have a phone,but I also have a staff of line cooks, prep cooks, dishwashers, storekeepers, wait staff, and a sous chef that count on me to be responsible for what is going on in my restaurant. And for me not to be sitting in the office on my phone all day.

So your phone doesn't alert you when you have a new DM or @mention?

You don't have a phone?

I had to sign up for phone alerts because of this, and I'm super glad I did!

I'm so confused. I thought it was a direct message not a @mention?

How did this guy get it if he @mentioned them?

You don't have a phone?

Yes it does. But I'm lucky if I can check it within a half hour let alone check it and respond in 30 seconds. It doesn't matter because I wasn't buying at Niketown anyway. I just hope the stores I go to don't go to this system too.

Back
Top Bottom