NIKE STORES IMPLEMENTING THE RSVP SYSTEM

Originally Posted by khadafi252

i don't think they're using time stamps at Nike Store Scottsdale. i needed to do three and saw my friend did hers already. then, i took a minute to read how they wanted the DM. so i did mine and my wife's. my friend and my acct didn't get a reply, but my wife did. and then to mention all the complaints people had that put their in before i did mine makes me believe it was random choices. oh well, i still got my 3 pairs but the nike system needs some work,.
I THINK IT'S RANDOM AS WELL. I GOT A DM BACK AND I DID MINE AFTER MY BOY DID HIS.

this system is faulty, i DM'd right away and i never got a response i guess its luck just like internet releases

this system is faulty, i DM'd right away and i never got a response i guess its luck just like internet releases

which is sad, you know.  it should be first come, first served like they used to have it.  campouts included.

i don't mind the campouts.  i'm 31 and i think i'm too old for it yet, lol.  i know people hate camping, but at least it guarantees us our pairs, ya know.

Originally Posted by atraain

I DM'd within seconds, and I got confirmations from both places I did it for. 
But I still think it's random drawing. 

Any way to "beat the system"?...thinking about just making different twitters,2. Or 3,and use the same last digits on my id or just use my passport,id and/or old college id

Would be
pimp.gif
if I can buy a pair,go back online and up
pimp.gif

As with any system, its gonna be flawed.

My biggest gripe is those individuals who DM them immediately after they post the link and don't get the shoe.

tired.gif

Is the twitter system really random? Anybody have real factual statements supporting this? This new system did get me my pair of Playoffs. Without it I would have struck out.

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

hmmmmm... so i guess the black red xi release should be smooth?
Nope... I think it's going to be a lot tougher because they are the XI's and all the kids are on vacation during that release...

Originally Posted by cbo55nike

IMO this us a great idea. Of course it has flaws like any system but the way they are doing it now is totally flawed. It gives those who don't can't and won't campout a chance to get very limited releases (like the Galaxies). I have a job so knowing I have a shot @ those releases now makes me happy. This doesn't guarantee me anything but now I have a better chance.Salute to Nike for finally thinking with there head instead.of there @@*hole.
No matter what system you use, there will always be flaws. There will always be people unhappy on the way stores handle their releases. I was talking to the manager of NT and he told me they are doing this for one specific reason, people's safety and to avoid overnight camp outs. It's just crazy when you see a whole family camped out with an infant waiting for a pair of shoe to release.

To me, the RSVP system worked out well... I was able to get a good sleep and go pick up my pair anytime between the time given with no lines... But I understand that this system is not a guarantee pair for me for every release. I expect this to get a lot tougher because more and more people will know about it. NT also provides you a back up plan, if you didn't get any confirmation for a pair. You can take your chances by trying to see if anyone didn't pick up their pairs when the deadline time ends. But it's still a big risk, cause there's no telling on how many pairs will they have left over and your size is not guaranteed.

Originally Posted by BayArea23

IMO this us a great idea. Of course it has flaws like any system but the way they are doing it now is totally flawed. It gives those who don't can't and won't campout a chance to get very limited releases (like the Galaxies). I have a job so knowing I have a shot @ those releases now makes me happy. This doesn't guarantee me anything but now I have a better chance.Salute to Nike for finally thinking with there head instead.of there @@*hole.
No matter what system you use, there will always be flaws. There will always be people unhappy on the way stores handle their releases. I was talking to the manager of NT and he told me they are doing this for one specific reason, people's safety and to avoid overnight camp outs. It's just crazy when you see a whole family camped out with an infant waiting for a pair of shoe to release.

To me, the RSVP system worked out well... I was able to get a good sleep and go pick up my pair anytime between the time given with no lines... But I understand that this system is not a guarantee pair for me for every release. I expect this to get a lot tougher because more and more people will know about it. NT also provides you a back up plan, if you didn't get any confirmation for a pair. You can take your chances by trying to see if anyone didn't pick up their pairs when the deadline time ends. But it's still a big risk, cause there's no telling on how many pairs will they have left over and your size is not guaranteed.
Worked out for me too.  Me and my friend were able to get our pair reserved.  I honestly prefer this over camping.  Only time will tell how each release will be.  I also think it may get harder each release.  I had to literally stay glued to my twitter just to get my pair.

Originally Posted by LazyLefty

Is the twitter system really random? Anybody have real factual statements supporting this? This new system did get me my pair of Playoffs. Without it I would have struck out.

I was talking to an employee and they told me its first come first serve. It really depends on the size you wear, if its common or not. But I don't know how other NT handle theirs tho. But the instruction site says first come first serve. For those people who replied with in a minute and didn't get a pair, it could be many of things. Remember there are thousands of people trying to send their DM just like you. So it's not when you sent the DM, its which timeslot/order they fall in by the time NT receives your DM. It could also be you wear a common size or there's other people who wants the same size before or during that time you sent the DM.

Originally Posted by just blaze

Worked out for me too.  Me and my friend were able to get our pair reserved.  I honestly prefer this over camping.  Only time will tell how each release will be.  I also think it may get harder each release.  I had to literally stay glued to my twitter just to get my pair.
Yea me too... But I prefer waiting online rather than waiting outside in the cold for hours. We're you and your friend lined up at shoe palace in Serramonte too? I remember seing a couple of guys then saw them again at NT. I was the baldheaded filipino dude wearing the blk/white 6 rings and shorts.

Yea me too... But I prefer waiting online rather than waiting outside in the cold for hours. We're you and your friend lined up at shoe palace in Serramonte too? I remember seing a couple of guys then saw them again at NT. I was the baldheaded filipino dude wearing the blk/white 6 rings and shorts.
I was there at serramonte with my friend, first footlocker, then SP at 10.  I was rocking the bred xii's and all black.  Did you end up getting a pair at SP?  They only had 33 pairs, and when I left, I didn't realize the line was that long still when I left.  Sucks that dude opening and closing the gate didn't even give a size update.  Just kept saying, "I dunno"

I was there at serramonte with my friend, first footlocker, then SP at 10.  I was rocking the bred xii's and all black.  Did you end up getting a pair at SP?  They only had 33 pairs, and when I left, I didn't realize the line was that long still when I left.  Sucks that dude opening and closing the gate didn't even give a size update.  Just kept saying, "I dunno"
Do you go to Serramonte at every release? Is their system always the same or does it change at every release? Cause my boy told me he was still able to cop his size 9.5 at 1030 during the cement IV release.... It was my first time going at Serramonte for a release, and I think I might have a way that might guarantee me a pair, if their system stays the same at every release.

Do you go to Serramonte at every release? Is their system always the same or does it change at every release? Cause my boy told me he was still able to cop his size 9.5 at 1030 during the cement IV release.... It was my first time going at Serramonte for a release, and I think I might have a way that might guarantee me a pair, if their system stays the same at every release.
If I ever head out early to a mall, it's always serramonte.  Not always guaranteed to get your size but it is your best bet.  FL HOH usually gets the most pairs in the area so I never go anywhere else to try.  Usually wristband are given out early thursday morning around 8am.  Weird thing this release is they only handed out about 150 bands when usually then hand out 3x that.  Nonetheless, they had enough to go around if you got there early enough.

I wasn't really feeling the RSVP thing at all when I first heard about it, I thought the stores entire stock would be dedicated to the RSVP's but surprisingly it was not. At NTNY at least. I went release morning at about 9:45am, store opened at 10 to the public, and they had done the RSVP release @ 7am. A little before the store opened at about 9:55am a security guard from NTNY comes and informs everyone lined up that the only sizes they had left was 10 and up, everything smaller (adult sizes) was gone from the RSVP's i'm assuming. I go in and the had MANY PAIRS of 10+ behind the registers., and kids sizes.

Don't know if every major release will be like this, but NTNY worked out in my favor this time.

If I ever head out early to a mall, it's always serramonte.  Not always guaranteed to get your size but it is your best bet.  FL HOH usually gets the most pairs in the area so I never go anywhere else to try.  Usually wristband are given out early thursday morning around 8am.  Weird thing this release is they only handed out about 150 bands when usually then hand out 3x that.  Nonetheless, they had enough to go around if you got there early enough.

What time is early enough? Around 7am-8am?

Originally Posted by KanyeWest101

I wasn't really feeling the RSVP thing at all when I first heard about it, I thought the stores entire stock would be dedicated to the RSVP's but surprisingly it was not. At NTNY at least. I went release morning at about 9:45am, store opened at 10 to the public, and they had done the RSVP release @ 7am. A little before the store opened at about 9:55am a security guard from NTNY comes and informs everyone lined up that the only sizes they had left was 10 and up, everything smaller (adult sizes) was gone from the RSVP's i'm assuming. I go in and the had MANY PAIRS of 10+ behind the registers., and kids sizes.

Don't know if every major release will be like this, but NTNY worked out in my favor this time.
Those are probably from people who got an RSVP and didn't make it in time for pick up.

Originally Posted by KanyeWest101

Those are probably from people who got an RSVP and didn't make it in time for pick up.

Possibly, but everyone who RSVP'ed a 9.5 and below in adults was able to make it? Seeing as how they had none of those sizes whatsoever left over.

And to dude saying he copped 9 pairs from NTNY.... Impossible. The way security was going hard on people trying to cop 2 pairs, there is absolutely no way you could of got that many pairs by yourself. You must of had 8 other people working with you.

AHA! so my observation was correct this system doesnt exactly guarantee you a pair on rd you just have to come asap within the timeframe. good system however some will be left out

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

AHA! so my observation was correct this system doesnt exactly guarantee you a pair on rd you just have to come asap within the timeframe. good system however some will be left out

30t6p3b.gif
There's always someone who will be left out... But I rather be left out online than left out camping out over night for shoes...

I just wish the RSVP did rely on twitter. Not that it matters, aint a nike store anywhere near me. But I dont use twitter

I'm glad there were some successes with this system.  Hopefully, it is just a sign of things to come to alleviate some of this madness...
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom