Kobe Puppet - David Alan Grier
Lebron Puppet - Keenan Thompson

Sorry if this has been posted.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by jeyel

from Rick Reilly's column...

" One last puppet commercial:

KOBE PUPPET (entering the apartment): LeBron! Hey, LeBron! What's up? LeBron? Where are you?

(Kobe puppet looks behind couches, tables, into cupboards. Nothing.)

KOBE PUPPET: C'mon, dude! Don't mess with me! Let's get somethin' to eat!

(Enters bedroom. Notices all of LeBron's stuff is missing, drawers empty, closets cleaned out.)

KOBE PUPPET: He left without saying goodbye? Or even a handshake?

(He sees a note, which reads: I hope you choke in 4!)

KOBE PUPPET: What a dummy.
"
roll.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif

If that happens I will run out the room.
roll.gif
Rick's a shows no mercy,take noprisoners kind of guy huh
roll.gif

can't believe that one with lebron at home with lil dez was real
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i was
eek.gif
when i saw it air tonight

Saw the home alone version of LBJ and Lil Dez.
It was hilarious, I don't even think Lebron would think that was funny.

I also saw the jumping on a car version where they changed the words.
Instead of Lebron saying playoffs, he said finals.

Yeah the 2010 one was posted in the game thread.

Somebody also noticed the bird were Knicks colors.

Nike getting metaphoric on us
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Yeah the 2010 one was posted in the game thread.

Somebody also noticed the bird were Knicks colors.

Nike getting metaphoric on us
laugh.gif

Lol Nike just had to throw something like that in the commercial.

I think when they say 2010 they just mean next year? Not 2010 free agency year, which would be the 2011 finals. You guys are reaching.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I think when they say 2010 they just mean next year? Not 2010 free agency year, which would be the 2011 finals. You guys are reaching.

i dont think people are reaching that much. All people talk about it 2010 with Lebron. Nike's not dumb, they know how to market.

laugh.gif
U cant be that Naive...
smh.gif

wait, are u being sarcastic?
embarassed.gif

I really believe things are already in place. The only problem would be him winning it all next season.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
U cant be that Naive...
smh.gif

wait, are u being sarcastic?
embarassed.gif
What I took from the commercial was that he was saying next year will be the year - and next year's playoffs would be 2010. It's notnaivety, I just don't think they're going for the angle you guys assume - maybe giving nike a bit too much credit. But I could be wrong... i was once.

"Legendary Jets fan "Ira from Staten Island" related a story from last football season when he was in Cleveland to see the Jets against the Browns. Now, know this about Ira. He has NO interest in basketball in general; no interest in the Knicks in particular. None.

Anyway, at the Jets-Browns game Ira finds himself sitting next to a couple of Browns fans who are in the financials industry.
Learning that Ira is from NY, they mention matter-of-factly that Ira must be happy about Lebron. Ira, being from planet Earth, knows who Lebron is, but has no idea what they're talking about, or why he should be happy about Lebron.

Noticing his confusion, the guys tell him they mean happy about Lebron becoming a Knick in the 2010-11 season. Ira says he was aware of the possibility being talked about, but as far as he knew it was very much an open question. The financials guys sadly relate that it's already a done deal. Finito. The deal's already been made. The advertising and marketing and investment mechanisms already in motion. The decision made at a much higher level than simply NBA Basketball. Much higher."

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

"Legendary Jets fan "Ira from Staten Island" related a story from last football season when he was in Cleveland to see the Jets against the Browns. Now, know this about Ira. He has NO interest in basketball in general; no interest in the Knicks in particular. None.

Anyway, at the Jets-Browns game Ira finds himself sitting next to a couple of Browns fans who are in the financials industry.
Learning that Ira is from NY, they mention matter-of-factly that Ira must be happy about Lebron. Ira, being from planet Earth, knows who Lebron is, but has no idea what they're talking about, or why he should be happy about Lebron.

Noticing his confusion, the guys tell him they mean happy about Lebron becoming a Knick in the 2010-11 season. Ira says he was aware of the possibility being talked about, but as far as he knew it was very much an open question. The financials guys sadly relate that it's already a done deal. Finito. The deal's already been made. The advertising and marketing and investment mechanisms already in motion. The decision made at a much higher level than simply NBA Basketball. Much higher."

nerd.gif

eyes.gif
and the pentagon was hit by a scud missile, not a plane.

im sure nike meant that he lost in the 2009 playoffs, and he's working to make sure that doesnt happen in the 2010 playoffs. nothing more, nothing less.

however, if they wanna talk about him leaving to ny... i'm all for it lol

and the bird just happens to be blue and orange..

c'mon guys..

why not just say "next year, yeah that's right"..

Donnie Walsh, a smart man has put ALL his eggs in one basket. D'Antoni took a pretty bad job despite being NY.

Meetings have been held with Worldwide Wes.

Bron's NY edition sneakers, etc, etc.

The only thing saving the Cleveland Cavs is winning a title next season. If not, the NBA might as well contract the franchise.

Back
Top Bottom