Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Lmao at dudes purposely acting obtuse to defend their bs. We not gonna act like reselling back in the previous decade was anywhere near as bad as it is now. How many kicks were reselling for 1K back in 05? Not nearly as many as now, and not nearly as often as now. There's also a huge difference between someone that resells every now and then, and someone who buys up entire store runs of stock to charge an obscene mark up and prevent actual fans from copping for retail. Clearly we're speaking about people who are in the latter category. We're all adults here, lets use our brains.

Lmao at dudes purposely acting obtuse to defend their bs. We not gonna act like reselling back in the previous decade was anywhere near as bad as it is now. How many kicks were reselling for 1K back in 05? Not nearly as many as now, and not nearly as often as now. There's also a huge difference between someone that resells every now and then, and someone who buys up entire store runs of stock to charge an obscene mark up and prevent actual fans from copping for retail. Clearly we're speaking about people who are in the latter category. We're all adults here, lets use our brains.
I don’t think anyone in here buys up the store, also inflation plays a roll as well from then and now resale prices.

Lmao so yall gonna act like people weren't buying near full size runs back in the SB days? Reselling has always been a part of the game. I remember scoffing at what were high prices back in the day on ISS. Difference now if you're fighting bots, scripts, etc... As well as dirty shops doing fake raffles and back-dooring stock. At the same time you wouldn't have a second hand market if people weren't dropping big bread. The market is bigger than its ever been. So it's blame on all ends. Don't be mad people are eating off this and you're taking Ls. I take Ls all the time but I'm not whining about it. It's on to the next release and if it's something I want for the personal ill cop for re-sale.

Last edited:
Kicks were far easier to get back in the day, while you had certain folks grabbing up entire stock runs, you could still find places with random stock and utilize places like NT were people threw oops to one other. Resale been part of the game, but theres a difference where some do it full time and others do it as a hobby just to fund the hobby and some. It is what it is you cant be made at the resellers, be mad at social media booming and exposing the culture on the front page

It is what it is you cant be made at the resellers, be mad at social media booming and exposing the culture on the front page

I think that's the main factor / difference now. Before, even if you were reselling you still had to put in the work, wait in line, keep up with releases. Now Twitter, FB, discord, StockX, GOAT, and the media have made it highly visible.

Now with bots and cook groups, you have people who don't even really have an interest in wearing the shoes buying up as many as they can just resell. There are non sneaker groups like Resell Calendar who got a bunch of the TS1 lows. StockX and GOAT have made it easy for these people to never leave their house. Bunch of little kids doing it too, now.

I don't remember resale being outrageously high regularly like it is now.

I remember hearing about people buying Yeezy 1s for a little over double retail when they first came out.

Now that would be called a steal :lol:
I remember being mad when someone wanted to charge me 450 for tan yzy1 after release

lol

^ na not at all sheet i do my share of reselling my damn self

But nowadays its just crazy, i understand tho its a lucrative way of doing things so why not

When someone with a hobby of exclusivity(perceived)-centric consumerism gets mad that someone else has the guts to charge more for their dear supply. Lmfao. Cry me a river *real sneakerheads* yall just been suckers to this game longer. Cope harder.

^ na not at all sheet i do my share of reselling my damn self

But nowadays its just crazy, i understand tho its a lucrative way of doing things so why not

I feel like a lot of people think they are entitled to copping kicks for the low because they’ve been in the game for 10 years. ****s lame to me lol take your L and move on

It’s human nature to be jealous or mad when someone else gets something highly coveted that you wanted. People who say they wouldn’t resell MCAs at current prices are foolish or have more money than they know what to do with. Like many on here, I am a true sneakerhead but of course I resell. I’m not a huge reseller and reselling isn’t all I’m about, but I do it to fund my collection and the less expensive shoes I really want. Of course there are some that I’ve wanted so bad that when I copped for retail I wore them, like the Travis Scott 1s I got. But it’s all about supply and demand when it comes to things like this.

Back
Top Bottom