Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

I have a strong feeling Nike oversold today. Too many people hit and with multiples. I think today was meant to be a smaller drop with the main drop on the actual release date.

Nike purchased exlusive rights to StockX first party data and their api.

Now they just match accounts that have listed vs those that hit and cancel.

Obviously JK. But i could something similar happening with third party data workarounds and the accuracy wouldn’t be all that bad.

order status changed from "submitted" to "in progress" just now. this is from the desktop order history page.

Agreed. These companies need to come up with different things each time to keep the bots guessing. I think that's why shopify has been cancelling orders when the billing/shipping is far away from the IP or something. I believe I heard that from somewhere.

Not true. Nike is one of the best at defensing bots. With random drops, that means ppl would have to run servers/proxies 24/7.

And Nike will literally block all of them. Random is the way to go.

I still can't believe I got a W on these. Feels good. I also wonder what production numbers look like on these, seems like a lot of people got through.

Just as I was talking smack about my 14th OW L....

Im TTS an 11.5 so Im hoping these 11s fit...if not resell it is

Same. I had to sell a pair of size 11 Banned Is a few years back because they were too narrow. I'm hoping that the construction of these is a little more forgiving.

I tried taking my shot with Nike CS, asked if there’s any canceled 9.5. She put me on hold to ask “upper management” then said none in stock. Blah blah blah...prob didn’t do anything.

Nike purchased exlusive rights to StockX first party data and their api.

Now they just match accounts that have listed vs those that hit and cancel.

Obviously JK. But i could something similar happening with third party data workarounds and the accuracy wouldn’t be all that bad.
90D14492-FC27-4AF1-8BE1-FAFC4B1B6FC4.jpeg

i'm sitting here pathetically refreshing my snkrs feed. the "sold out" icon disappeared from my desktop... they prolly think i'm a bot now.

Not true. Nike is one of the best at defensing bots. With random drops, that means ppl would have to run servers/proxies 24/7.

And Nike will literally block all of them. Random is the way to go.
so do it more often?

my opinion

id rather miss a random drop I had a fair shot at then wake up on a scheduled drop and know im getting the L since ive never actually gotten a W any other way including the stupid draw which I think its rigged

exactly, the only people made at random drops are the people who constantly win and likely the ones who use bots or programs.

this would be my first real win on nike in like 2-3 years not even joking but seeing how everyones getting canceled I likely spoke to soon

I thought one of the cooler things Nike did was provide Exclusive Access of random Ten pairs last November. I'm not sure if there was any logic to it, but I was sure glad to get the AF1 at the time. I wish they did this more to active accounts with a steady purchase history. I don't care for reserves of the latest Air Max 270. Give me stuff based on my purchase history and some of the more exclusive items now and then. There are enough releases throughout the year to spread those out too.

Nike has more resources, and has been combating bots longer than any other sneaker company/store. They have def gotten lazy in terms of defensing the entries for the draw, but I think for big drops like these, random is truly the only way to go.

I know first hand that they are strict with quantity limits, its almost impossible to sneak more than one order through with them, when they're paying attention. Those being the key words. They pick and choose which drops to monitor harder.

I have not bought proxies in a while, but there was a point in time nike had blocked access to their site from ALL the major proxy companies on the internet. Which forced ppl to create their own or pay someone too. They have always been active at defensing bots, they just get lazy from time to time and with a company that big, with that many moving pieces, I expect it.

Back
Top Bottom