Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

F7313238-F345-40CD-9577-30F34C8924FB.jpeg

Been off the grid for a few days, Nice to come back home to a few pairs of these. Materials look more durable than the og. Time will tell. Very pleased.
1DDE7B47-66AC-4272-AC2A-0E1748CBDB6E.jpeg
I also wanted to thank folks like @FullMax97 in the NT community for the intel on these. You are a real one and there are a lot more like him in this thread right now. Thanks for representing the best of this weird slice of culture (when it’s so easy to turn something that should be fun into an ugly, passionless and opportunistic business).

I also wanted to thank folks like @FullMax97 in the NT community for the intel on these. You are a real one and there are a lot more like him in this thread right now. Thanks for representing the best of this weird slice of culture (when it’s so easy to turn something that should be fun into an ugly, passionless and opportunistic business).
@FullMax97 is the man haha. I wish I caught the info on these but I was on a flight from NY to Cali smfh. Out of all days that week it had to be during the time I was on a plane... I WAS FREE THAT WHOLE WEEK DOING NOTHING.

^ Yea looks like it can hold out more than the first 2 iterations of the 1s. Seen alot of ripping from wears, I guess they seen it to and made a change

yeah thats Ripstop material, same material you often find on common sports duffel bags, backpacks, cargos, military geart hat makes it more durable

yeah thats Ripstop material, same material you often find on common sports duffel bags, backpacks, cargos, military geart hat makes it more durable
The OW Zoom Fly’s have almost the entire upper in that material. It’s nice for durability but it’s a PAIN IN THE *** to keep clean if dirt comes into that material tbh.

I help brands behave and act in line with what their consumers (current and prospective) actually care about....not just what they want to say cause they think it’s “news” or “great.” In this instance I took a bands (Portugal the man) affinity for slim jim and did some digging on what they care about (sneaker culture) to create custom ow style kicks. Each band member is getting a unique silhouette and Dank & co is doing the custom work. Wait till you see the packaging, each shoe is coming in a giant slim jim wrapper. It’s nuts.

All this is to engage people, not based on the jerky product, but their actual passions (like sneakers and populas sneaker culture). It shows how slim jim gets it and that theyre capable of behaving accordingly. You may not eat slim jim today or normally care about them, but this might help build affinity down the line and change perception...and that’s why they hire me to consult them.
So remember that long *** post...this is the execution that I teased and what I was referring to...

Slim Jim is showing some love to Portugal. The Man (who loves Slim Jim), with a bespoke collection of kicks. "THE SLIM 6" was beautifully executed by Dank & Co., for each member of the band, based on their fav silhouettes. Note the giant Slim Jim packaging used instead of a normal box and the the bits of Slim Jim wrapper as a design element for traditional OW orange tab.

slider-2.gif

ZOOMIES.gif

Six_Social.gif

IMG_6287.jpg
IMG_6288.jpg
IMG_6160.jpg
IMG_6197.jpg
IMG_6198.jpg

9C986CF1-E69B-4A9E-BBDF-B33B86464E67.jpg

So remember that long *** post...this is the execution that I teased and what I was referring to...

Slim Jim is showing some love to Portugal. The Man (who loves Slim Jim), with a bespoke collection of kicks. "THE SLIM 6" was beautifully executed by Dank & Co., for each member of the band, based on their fav silhouettes. Note the giant Slim Jim packaging used instead of a normal box and the the bits of Slim Jim wrapper as a design element for traditional OW orange tab.

slider-2.gif

ZOOMIES.gif

Six_Social.gif

IMG_6287.jpg
IMG_6288.jpg
IMG_6160.jpg
IMG_6197.jpg
IMG_6198.jpg

9C986CF1-E69B-4A9E-BBDF-B33B86464E67.jpg
So there's a band named Portugal and they love Slim Jims so Slim Jim had Dank make some shoes for them? Am I following that right? I assume you worked with Slim Jim to find them a cool project like that?

Back
Top Bottom