Nike x Tom Sachs Collab

There's definitely a shoe in there - or at least an upper. Check out the teaser on his IG.

in the highsnobiety video posted earlier, he says there is a shoe stitched inside. you can see the shoe inside in the videos. but haha yeah i don't have my hopes up that there's actually a full usable mars yard shoe inside.

They come with the shoes in them?

I thought they were just overboots
There’s a full mars yard in there with metal lace eyestayes, that can be tightened by a toggle. Then an outer waterproof material that can also be tightened by a toggle, w magnetized straps to lock down the waterproof material.

But you knew all that already. Cause they trash. Right?

I like em!!! I won’t have a chance in hell in getting a pair tho. Haha. Even if I do have an opportunity to get a pair, I won’t be wearing them. It’s one of those things that I would like to have.

More hype junk for the hype junkies.

Nike you wanna push the envelope give guys a chance at the air mags again.

mags (there’s no air) are the the ultimate trope for “hype junk for hype junkies”

I can’t understand how someone clamoring for mag, which created storytelling x fantasy x innovation/design x hype/pop culture equation, can’t see that this is literally the same formula, lensed through a different kind of artist.

You’re entitled to think they’re ugly, that’s part of the subjective nature of all creative endeavors but you can’t fault people for taking something like the philosophy behind what lead to the mag, and putting their spin on it.

There’s a full mars yard in there with metal lace eyestayes, that can be tightened by a toggle. Then an outer waterproof material that can also be tightened by a toggle, w magnetized straps to lock down the waterproof material.

But you knew all that already. Cause they trash. Right?
Nah i didnt know that. But theyre still TRASH.

If you want to walk around in some kids toy space suit boots feel free.

Now I have to get a custom made white jumpsuit with an excessive amount of zippers, pockets and embroidered gold chevrons and a matching swimming cap.

So curious to know the story behind the Banksy. So genius!
Street artists resent the establishment. However the establishment needs to demonstrate their sophistication and therefore embraces and monetizes their various artist pet projects. These artistic souls are then forced to show up to receptions and mingle with these people, drink champagne or eat caviar while being forced to listen to extremely rich people, trying to find deeper meaning in their art. This increases their resentment and their desire to provoke their wealthy benefactors, but rather than provoke, they are merely amused: Oh dearest, this Banksy fellow has been up to one of his tricks again, let's buy one of his self-destructing paintings, I hear they only cost a million.

Have no idea why youd try compare chalk and cheese there.
I know you don’t.

People want mars yard (which for ts is art)
People want banksy art

Ts gives people mars yard to be worn and beat up and tries to get people to embrace the the story, ethos and functional benefit.

Banksy gives people art that speaks to the absurdity of the art world

In both cases people do the “wrong things” with their creations. Obscuring the intent of the artist and in both cases act in a way that feels very much at odds with the original message.

So each artist could just keep creating what people want and perpetuate the “bad behavior”

Or they can make things on their terms, their art, that reinforces their message. So you don’t yet a mars yard or a girl holding a ballon on your terms, you get it on the artists...cause they can, cause it’s their art.

See Overshoe.
See self shredding painting.

That was my comparison. Im not an art guy or a Banksy guy but that’s the parallel I’m drawing and although it’s not linear, I believe their thought process, (in all likelihood), to be quite similar

Last edited:
Really reading the details in the Nike news article about the shoe release it “seems” like the release in conjunction to the film will be the more limited London release which will be the one for $550 with the raffle, extra items, and etc. The article then goes on to state the global release will be in the coming months, in which I’m “thinking”/hoping” will be less expensive.
EA60973B-FB48-4C93-AA40-ED94B6F0ECBA.jpeg

Don’t even compare Sachs to Bansky smh... Bansky wouldn’t create these silly *** shoes for hypebeasts to co-sign for him
I didnt say he would. My comparison is built on the premise that Sachs nor Banksy are beholden to their fans (or the masses) to create what's expected of them - like I said above.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom