Nike Zoom Kobe 1 Protro February 17th 2018

One thing I wanted to compare was the weight with new like-models.

For them being a low ride, the bulkiness negates it a bit no?

One thing I wanted to compare was the weight with new like-models.

For them being a low ride, the bulkiness negates it a bit no?
Weight is one of the most overrated status for shoes outside of some huge outliers. That .04 ounces ain’t going to make or break someones ability lol. I’m sure it’s a little heavier but not much

Those feel better than a lot of the new models imo and goes for the upper too. It’s low and supportive at the same time. The full zoom works for its need. If the fit was more sock-like this would be top 5 goat
the ogs have a sock like wrap in the foot but not the ankles

imo more snug than the protro

i like the feel of the protro more

Pegasus 33 (top)

Pegasus 34 (mid)

Pegasus 35 (bottom)

I have a mid-forefoot strike, so I prefer the Pegasus 33 or 34. The response in the 35 isn’t as good as the predecessors, IMO.
i dunno man

the 35 are pretty good and much softer

33 are awesome my fav

34 least favorite of the 3

upload_2019-2-20_20-56-59.jpeg

Yes they do. Top loaded unlike the Westbrook

Wow now I see why it felt like night and day when wearing the Kobe Protro on one foot and the Westbrook Chaos on the other (which I read somewhere had the zoom retooled to be more responsive).

Last edited:
Weight is one of the most overrated status for shoes outside of some huge outliers. That .04 ounces ain’t going to make or break someones ability lol. I’m sure it’s a little heavier but not much
I understand what you're saying. I've played in heavy shoes just fine. But the leather and the higher cut of these with the wide base all could contribute to a slower feeling model on foot.

these may look clunkier than other shoes, but they are not clunky feeling on foot. these feel great on court. actually, the protro's feel a bit lower than I remember. feels like they cut down the zoom/midsole thickness. less plush, but more court feel now. but if you compare these vs something like the iv's, you can notice a slight difference in the weight. I alternated between the og's and the iv's back in the day for ball, and both performed great.

I'm planning to let the 14 go for 500. It was worn once to a game but you can't down size on these.

Once the outrage dies out a bit and the colorways start dropping...we will find out who really isnt buying lol. I look forward to the 4 collection at the end of the year

Back
Top Bottom