Nike Zoom Kobe 1 Protro February 17th 2018

Was blessed with a pass to the ES and came across these!!!
20190329_231931.jpg

Hey guys, new here and new to the shoe game. Was excited to find out Nike re-released these, since I balled in these when I was kid. I have two quick questions.

1. How do they compare to today's modern shoes when it comes to performance? I know Nightwing and Duke at Weartesters love them, but some other youtubers feel they are simply "good", but not "great". Wanted to get some more opinions.

2. Is it too late to find a pair for a decent price or am I too late?

Love my 3 Protro 1 pairs (ASG, Minneapolis, Black outs). Super solid shoe, old school build, great support and cushioning. The upper materials vary a little so make sure you get what you want (suede, distressed leather, smooth leather, etc) I do plan on picking up a couple more pairs eventually.

Hey guys, new here and new to the shoe game. Was excited to find out Nike re-released these, since I balled in these when I was kid. I have two quick questions.

1. How do they compare to today's modern shoes when it comes to performance? I know Nightwing and Duke at Weartesters love them, but some other youtubers feel they are simply "good", but not "great". Wanted to get some more opinions.

2. Outlets on the hash wall. I've seen Blackouts 2-3 weeks ago. 20% off, came out to like ~100 after. I'm still waiting for it be lower myself.

Everything about the shoe is great IMO..fit, cushion, support, lockdown, etc. The only thing I believe would be your personal preference as far as leather vs synthetic uppers. If you have a thing for knits or softer materials this may not be the shoe for you

Best shoe I own, the top loaded zoom bag is so plush you can feel it in every step. The traction I never have to wipe n support is like a tank.

This is my first ever leather basketball shoe n I don't want to go back to mesh uppers or plastics

best shoes for ballin at the moment.. only shoe i see beating it right now are the kd12's.

Gonna try hooping tonight in my blackouts. I hope they have enough cushion for me. Will take my Lebron X just in case I need to swap out though...

Blackouts played pretty well. Not nearly on the cushion level of the lebron X obviously, but it was adequate. Will keep these in the rotation but my old knees will need more cushion most of the time.

Excellent for balling, but a couple things to note. They feel more like lows although they are a mid cut. There isn't a ton of ankle restriction/locked feeling with these. Cushion and traction are on point. Overall a great performer. Whats a decent price to you?

I called and they said they had the black /purple not the white. The employees must be buggin

The day I called I was specifically looking for Blackouts. The girl said she had the predominantly white pair with purple secondary and Allstars. They definitely buggin.

Played in these for the first time today.

Loved the traction, feel of the zoom and overall feel of the shoe. Was a little skeptical based on their weight but they don’t really play that heavy.

Anybody else find the ankle lock in to be pretty loose? The shoe never came close to coming off but there’s some definite slippage going on. I wouldn’t go a half size down either because my toes are already tight in the 13 with my wide feet

Loved the traction, feel of the zoom and overall feel of the shoe. Was a little skeptical based on their weight but they don’t really play that heavy.

Anybody else find the ankle lock in to be pretty loose? The shoe never came close to coming off but there’s some definite slippage going on. I wouldn’t go a half size down either because my toes are already tight in the 13 with my wide feet

Are you lacing your shoes to the last eyelet? They fit much better after a few hours and hug your foot like a glove

they need to be broken in. keep playing.

Back
Top Bottom