Nike Zoom Kobe 1 Protro February 17th 2018

Damn I wish I had those la brea 1's. Should've bought when prices were reasonable. Now lowest I see on goat is like 1700 for my size

CBB42E7B-A910-4A03-A487-22EC40E4B795.jpeg

15 years ago today, 81 Points. Miss you Bean.

I still remember the day I picked up my black and yellow ones kb1 when they retroed. I was planning on getting every single color of 1's, 5's 6's, and of course my absolute favorites, the 8s when they eventually protro'd. Then a week before he passed I remember seeing those chaos 5s sitting. I was getting paid that next week so I decided to wait, then he passed a couple days later and everything went to hell out here in LA. I hope sometime soon they start rereleasing his kicks for everyone. Those Demar PEs are nuts.

Damn, wish I kept my mamba day 1's. I was only able to get a full size down on em and I eventually returned em back to Nike since I couldn't find a trade and no one wanted to buy em off me. Oh hindsight is 20/20.

I just wore these to hoop on Monday.

Not a good choice, these used to work great for me back in the day but now borderline unwearable. Maybe stick to just shooting around in them in the future.
Damn. I just got my first pair, well, whenever they arrive. Nightwing said they hold up to any modern shoe lol. I prob shouldn’t bother with him cuz we r totally different players. I like his channel though

I never had Kobe 1s. Wasn’t a huge fan tbh. This Kobe drought had me needing something and I found the 1s were actually pretty reasonably priced.

He said that recently? He doesn't really play anymore right?
Damn. I just got my first pair, well, whenever they arrive. Nightwing said they hold up to any modern shoe lol. I prob shouldn’t bother with him cuz we r totally different players. I like his channel though

He said that recently? He doesn't really play anymore right?
I watched a vid from when they released (4 yrs ago I think?), and he also had one from a few months ago when he scooped the black/maize. Maybe that one wasn’t necessarily a performance review now that I think of it. More of a “look what I got and these are great”

Protro 1’s were great performers for me for a long time… and I’ll still break them out on occasion but I think I’ve reached a point where they don’t do it for me any longer. Been spoiled with the mesh and knit uppers of modern shoes.

I do have LBJ 2 retros in my current rotation but those feel a little better overall then my Protros.

They might work for you, that’s just been my experience as of late….and I have been playing a LOT lately (5 days a week) so that could have something to do with it 😂

Back
Top Bottom