Nike Zoom Kobe 1 Protro February 17th 2018

They have to do something different or they would just be making the same thing over and over. Look at the undefeated collabs. Everyone loves them.

It's just plain dopey. I know all of this is marketing in the first place; I'm 40-something now and I still blow a couple thousand dollars on sneakers a year just to keep the old feeling alive. If Jordans and Kobes existed but they weren't tied to those dudes, I'm not going to lie and say I'd be as interested in them even though they'd look exactly the same. I think that goes for almost all of us. But when they start taking the marketing BS to this level and trying to tie things to events which they had nothing to do with, it feels like an insult to my intelligence.

I think it's because today people need a story or a collab to want something and not just a colorway. It's just different now.

94754B72-BC51-4E69-8186-C7AF19F79608.jpeg
Better look at one of the other shoes you can customize... I don’t think we’re missing out on much

As far as the story, they just picked five shoes to make all white then felt the need to tie them to NY since that’s where this store is... to me the lamer part are these “options” to customize.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with the shoe itself. Obviously they can't just keep releasing the same five colorways over and over again. Well, they could, but I understand the reasons behind doing more/different things. But taking a shoe that has literally nothing to do with a memorable event and promoting it as in fact having to do something with said event is lame. And in this particular case, isn't the Protro Kobe IV coming pretty soon? They could have made an all-white version of that in limited quantities and released them early as part of this promotion. If anything that would have built interest ahead of the GR Protro IV releases. I guess that would have made too much sense, though.

Nike has the purple protros included on the 25% off. Got em for 131.25

Also, mpls included in the Sale. Can get em for 127.

Ebates at 8.5 percent also. If you dont have an account PM me for a referral! (Worth a shot lol)

Black union Aj1 for yellow protros an even trade??? Im sure i can make it happen just looking for that one person that has a sz 9.5

I traded 2 pairs of purples for a pair of yellow protros already i want a second pair so i can start beating them up

Black union Aj1 for yellow protros an even trade??? Im sure i can make it happen just looking for that one person that has a sz 9.5

I traded 2 pairs of purples for a pair of yellow protros already i want a second pair so i can start beating them up
I feel like that's even. Was gonna try the same thing once my Blacks come in from Union. Thought about it with the Blues but they're too nice.

Black/purples showed up today with a scratch in the left toe box. :angry: Second pair of Protros off NDC that came defective on the first try.

Anyone else having QC issues with their Protros?

Back
Top Bottom