Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
image.jpg

Man I don’t know about the rest of you guys but I have a REAL hard time finding forgiveness when someone is asking me for $175 + Tax for PHYLON or whatever it is. ...Too many good shoes out there for me to pay $175 on some sentimental budget shoes.
You must REALLY hate a lot of retro Jordans, then :lol:

You must REALLY hate a lot of retro Jordans, then :lol:

My comment was in reference to performance models.

Shoes that I actually intend to play basketball in.

As far as retro Jordan's go as long as they're not like the 2010 or 2012 (I forgot what year it was) Jordan 6 release where the shoe was literally like walking with cinder blocks attached to your feet... it's fine. I'm not playing in those.

My comment was in reference to performance models.

Shoes that I actually intend to play basketball in.

As far as retro Jordan's go as long as they're not like the 2010 or 2012 (I forgot what year it was) Jordan 6 release where the shoe was literally like walking with cinder blocks attached to your feet... it's fine. I'm not playing in those.
I see. Personally, I don’t distinguish between the two. If anything, Jordan prices are even more insulting when they’re supposedly just casual shoes now.
I’m not defending Nike here, as I want full Zoom in every shoe—but I wonder: had they never mentioned it for these and described them properly in the first place, would everyone still be just as bent about it?

I see. Personally, I don’t distinguish between the two. If anything, Jordan prices are even more insulting when they’re supposedly just casual shoes now.
I’m not defending Nike here, as I want full Zoom in every shoe—but I wonder: had they never mentioned it for these and described them properly in the first place, would everyone still be just as bent about it?

I mean they made a pretty big deal about the Protro line last year.

They set improper expectations. So had they not done that, I don't think people would be up in arms.

But they straight came out and said Kobe came up with the word "Protro" with emphasis on the idea that it meant previously released iterations of his line would be greatly improved specifically for performance. Forefoot phylon stands in direct opposition to that definition/claim. :lol:

This was nothing more than a bait and switch--- I believe that's illegal across the country.

Part of me wishes that someone with the time and desire would file a class action against Nike for this just to hammer to point home to Nike that they can't and shouldn't do this ever again.

Last edited:
I mean they made a pretty big deal about the Protro line last year.

They set improper expectations. So had they not done that, I don't think people would be up in arms.

But they straight came out and said Kobe came up with the word "Protro" with emphasis on the idea that it meant previously released iterations of his line would be greatly improved specifically for performance. Forefoot phylon stands in direct opposition to that definition/claim. :lol:

This was nothing more than a bait and switch--- I believe that's illegal across the country.

Part of me wishes that someone with the time and desire would file a class action against Nike for this just to hammer to point home to Nike that they can't and shouldn't do this ever again.
Like I said, I'm not defending or excusing them here. The IV Protro, unlike the 1--as you alluded to--doesn't seem better than the OG in any way, and you can definitely argue they are worse in the cushioning department if nothing else.
As an aside, I know you aren't being literal, but legally this doesn't come anywhere near the standard for a class action lawsuit. It's not the first and won't be the last time a product description was mistaken. I agree with you completely that it's lame and not cool, but since anyone who bought them based on the claim of full Zoom has other remedies readily available to them--simply returning them, which Nike allows all day long--it's a case of those buyers not having any damage that they are entitled to further relief from. Being disappointed Nike didn't make them to a better standard isn't a legit basis for legal action LOL

Like I said, I'm not defending or excusing them here. The IV Protro, unlike the 1--as you alluded to--doesn't seem better than the OG in any way, and you can definitely argue they are worse in the cushioning department if nothing else.
As an aside, I know you aren't being literal, but legally this doesn't come anywhere near the standard for a class action lawsuit. It's not the first and won't be the last time a product description was mistaken. I agree with you completely that it's lame and not cool, but since anyone who bought them based on the claim of full Zoom has other remedies readily available to them--simply returning them, which Nike allows all day long--it's a case of those buyers not having any damage that they are entitled to further relief from. Being disappointed Nike didn't make them to a better standard isn't a legit basis for legal action LOL

Yeah like you said I wasn’t being literal, and I haven’t looked since release day but they haven’t changed the description on their website. True that a remedy is available to anyone feeling led astray. Regardless the point remains that at this juncture, there’s an element of intentional confusion.

Nike has gotten really comfortable though in overstating aspects of the products that they sell.

That last pic Kobe posted may be the undefeateda. 90% sure the original undefeated leak had “multicolor” as part of the colorway

Back
Top Bottom