Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
I know sneakers typically are produced months in advance but for those with knowledge of the production process is there any way they could implement full length or a drop in for upcoming releases?

JS”

If they wanted to they would've already done so. Just have to hope the protro 5 1/2 does better

I know sneakers typically are produced months in advance but for those with knowledge of the production process is there any way they could implement full length or a drop in for upcoming releases?

JS”

I'm thinking its a no too but I'm holding out hope with you lol.

Maybe theres another misprint somewhere.

I'm sure they could, but with how many pairs have already been produced, I doubt they do. It's even worse if they release a new CW with full length zoom and it's the same price as the Draft Days haha. If they try to jack the price people would be pissed saying they were $175 from the get go when it was SUPPOSED TO HAVE full zoom, so that's another L for Nike if they go that way. The "Protro" 4s are really comfortable and feel great, but on the matter of principle alone, can't justify paying more for a retro that's inferior from the OG, when it's marketed as an upgrade on the OG...

I'm sure they could, but with how many pairs have already been produced, I doubt they do. It's even worse if they release a new CW with full length zoom and it's the same price as the Draft Days haha. If they try to jack the price people would be pissed saying they were $175 from the get go when it was SUPPOSED TO HAVE full zoom, so that's another L for Nike if they go that way. The "Protro" 4s are really comfortable and feel great, but on the matter of principle alone, can't justify paying more for a retro that's inferior from the OG, when it's marketed as an upgrade on the OG...

Agreed, I will not buy these on principle.

The fact that Kobe IV were originally performance oriented-shoes and are now worse really leaves me salty having waited 8 years for the retro. Nike gotta do better if I’m gonna hand over my hard earned. And I would have dropped $1k+ on protro colorways if they had full length or front/back zoom.

Remember at the time, the Kobe line was Nike Basketball's flagship performance model (along with the Lebrons). Flagship models do not have half *** tech. They usually save half *** tech for "second tier" cheaper signature models such as the Kyrie and PG, where only half the foot has cushioning tech (phylon doesn't count). Nike half-assing the Kobe 4 in retro/protro form, is my opinion, sacrilege.

/end rant.

Last edited:
Agreed, I will not buy these on principle.

The fact that Kobe IV were originally performance oriented-shoes and are now worse really leaves me salty having waited 8 years for the retro. Nike gotta do better if I’m gonna hand over my hard earned. And I would have dropped $1k+ on protro colorways if they had full length or front/back zoom.

Remember at the time, the Kobe line was Nike Basketball's flagship performance model (along with the Lebrons). Flagship models do not have half *** tech. They usually save half *** tech for "second tier" cheaper signature models such as the Kyrie and PG, where only half the foot has cushioning tech (phylon doesn't count). Nike half-assing the Kobe 4 in retro/protro form, is my opinion, sacrilege.

/end rant.

it's quite sad.

nike's just getting lazy and cheap. how much engineering really went into this protro model? i'd say very little. they had the drawings, the moulds and everything from 10 years ago to build upon, not like they started from scratch. sure they made the shoe slightly wider but the drawings were already in the software and were slightly modified

a full length zoom unit can't cost more than 50 cents. it eats up at costs when you're selling a lot of product but look at how many people they pissed off to save 50 cents a shoe. in protro-spect, shoulda just gave the consumers what they wanted. vote with your wallets. i expect things to be a little different moving forward in newer protro models...

that being said, wouldn't surprise me if nike release an 'elite' version of the kobe iv protro :rofl:

upload_2019-3-10_18-21-26.jpeg

upload_2019-3-10_18-21-51.jpeg

upload_2019-3-10_18-22-39.jpeg

Starting to think these are coming out.

Interesting, they didn’t really go outside the box (ie black and gold) with new CWs if the 1s except for the UNDFTD. Unless that pattern is the UNDFTD but don’t see any branding

That Airplane Mode dunk was shades of young Blake Griffin. Howard in the slam dunk contest as well. Is it technically a dunk though?

Back
Top Bottom