Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

You don’t know my situation smh. You’re assuming like most people.
What is your situation?
Should have not mentioned that you sold them for retail or in general.

you sold em for one of many reasons, you didn’t want them, you wanted money, now your postbasically shows you wish you had waited to get slightly more money

either way hope whoever got em actually enjoys them since I assume they wanted them to ball in.

Think nike won’t release any new models, because Kobe won’t be able to give his input and feedback during the design process. I think they will only release the 1-11 forever.

In particular I am hoping they release the achilles 8 and i know they will. To me that is the equivalent of the Final seconds protro 1 in terms of being an iconic moment and also they have almost the same color scheme. so if they released that after 12 years of being a PE, i think the achilles 8 will definitely release too

Last edited:
IDK why but achilles 8 makes me cringe. Can we call them the FT 8s or something?

It's too hard to even discuss the shoes, such a devastating tragedy.

After seeing people talk about the ridiculous price increases I just looked up the Grinch's since some people mentioned the prices and can't get over how many bids are in for fakes. Just ridiculous. Fortunately I have my pair that I wear but those fakes should be taken down.

I look forward to hearing what Lebron says on Friday, I'm sure he will do a speech before the game.

Last edited:
Went to the Bucks game last night and pulled out YOTS Kobe 8s, been a while since I’ve worned these. #RIP #KOBE #GIGI and the seven other members that was tragically taken from this place we live in. God Bless!
1EE66763-0D94-44E5-A895-1CEEC2F4EB55.jpeg

You're right, dukes23 dukes23 , we don't know your situation. But we do know you have a collection of sneakers, you had the Kobes, and out of your entire collection you chose to sell the Kobes, but now that Kobe's gone, you wish you would've sold something else from your collection instead. So I guess the question is: Out of your collection, why did you choose the Kobe's to sell?

You're right, dukes23 dukes23 , we don't know your situation. But we do know you have a collection of sneakers, you had the Kobes, and out of your entire collection you chose to sell the Kobes, but now that Kobe's gone, you wish you would've sold something else from your collection instead. So I guess the question is: Why choose the Kobe's to sell?

Agree. I didnt read it as selling to make money as some did, I read it as selling cause he didn’t want them. If you sell them you didnt really want them. Anything I sold is without regret because I either bought it to flip from jump or I didnt wear and realized I never will.

The unfortunate aspect of tragedy and the world (especially as it is now) is we don't get the time to mourning long term. Family, friends, pets, people you admire but don't know. Mostly because of the pace of life and that if you stop, you get behind. But also because there's always something that trumps (or at least takes some focus off) it around the corner. The day after Kobe passes, there's a crazy earthquake in Cuba.

I think the next few releases of the Kobe colorways are going to be tough to get, but they'll start releasing more quantities and resellers will stop hoarding Kobes. I don't know how many Protro 5s are going to release, but I think by the end of the year, you'll be able to get a pair. And then the first release of the 6 protro is going to sell out asap, and so on, and so on.

Hopefully Nike doesn't stop producing them alltogether. I don't see it happening because it would be a great steady source of income for Vanessa and the family. And I do think they'll donate to the Kobe and Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation as well as the families of the rest of the passengers who passed away. So keeping the shoe line going would still be positive PR and would actually benefit people.

Edit: If this post seems offensive or in any way rubs someone the wrong way, just DM me and I'll delete it. I know it's a sensitive subject so I don't want to affect anyone negatively.

Last edited:
Dudes really shouldn't be complaining about selling shoes
Agree. I didnt read it as selling to make money as some did, I read it as selling cause he didn’t want them. If you sell them you didnt really want them. Anything I sold is without regret because I either bought it to flip from jump or I didnt wear and realized I never will.
I previously sold undefeated camo 1's, mamba day 1's, and even passed on chaos v at ftl. Told my wife no need to buy em because I wear a 9 and only thing in stock was 7.5 and 8. Selling, passing, and even returning past Kobe shoes were always my choice. Can't be regretting those decisions just because Kobe died and every Kobe shoe has gone up 2-3x. I either needed the money at the time or chose to not buy shoes I couldn't fit.

Yea, we don't know the dudes situation, but I'm sure we all have pretty big collections consisting of different brands and silhouettes. Sounds like he didn't think there was profit to be had and let em go for 'retail.' I think we can all say we could've/should've copped ________ kobes at a certain point before his passing. Not for a profit standpoint, but just because we had that one grail Kobe we always eyed, but never made an attempt to buy. Personally, I got caught up in the recent hype of OW and TS that I put my grail Kobe on the backburner and instead, I'm left with just appreciating what I currently have of my Kobes.

PS. Thank you to one of the guys in my shoe group for selling me Chaos V's in a size 9 for retail a few weeks back. I will wear these proudly. Wanted to break em out for ball, but I can't do that anymore. Gonna be my casual beaters for a while.

Its reverse for me. I only hooped in Kyries but now I’m hoopin in all my Kobe’s. Trynna hang 81 on everybody....

This last week has been something. Between the resellers and the elitists who claim you're not a real fan of you didn't own any of his stuff, I'm over it.

the elitists are the ones who are equally as cancerous because they think they're the only ones who are allowed to be considered real fans or allowed to be the only ones to mourn. Came across one of these idiots just yesterday. Kobe fans should be coming altogether, whether new fans or old fans.

I highly doubt that. The man and his daughter died 3 days ago. They'll get back to releases within a month or so.

I was actually just talking about Friday the 13th Brons. Back in 2015 I believe...they released the F13th 13s, and had blood splatter all over the outsole and really dope details. But they happened to release them the morning after the mass shooting at the concert in France. I bought them when they released but they were pulled within the hour.

Damn Sole Supremacy with the Kobe raffles. I don't know if that's a smarter move than stockx/goat continuing to sell Kobes. I mean all the companies say they're donating the proceeds to the Kobe foundation so I'm sure it's going to a good place. This way they're still making the money to donate, but I wonder if it will gather more than the transaction fees from stockx that are being donated. It's a commendable thing by both companies

Back
Top Bottom