Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Sounds like you ordered from chriscalifashion.... same seller I got mine from. Having tried on the retros in store before buying (long story, but I passed when I had the chance) and now having these pair that were shipped in hand they’re the same shoe. I just don’t know if I want to hoop in them or keep to wear casually.
Yeah that’s the eBay seller. Got it for $216 after the 25% off, shipping and tax. Thanks for the words of assurance. I was really just caught off guard from the tag on the box, but like I mentioned, everything especially the shoes themselves, screamed legit. And you can’t go wrong either to hoop or rock casually. The shoes are just 🔥!

Nike is definitely making more protros now. They are in the business of making money. Lots of it.
Yea knowing Nike whether they admit it or not. They’re gonna f****** milk the ish out of this. Eventually the hype will die down and it’ll return to normal. But Nike gonna Nike theyre gonna try to prolong this ish and make everything limited to increase the hype.

E7689DEB-8C39-43E4-8EED-9A7A1086AAD6.jpeg

00D05CAC-D4C3-4CB4-8DCB-F0FF68973D36.jpeg
I wore that Lakers ball logo Kobe shirt last night. Didn’t even realize it was part of a limited collection. Not that I care or would ever get rid of it. Bought it at an LA Footlocker and have worn it only five or six times in the years since. Going to make it last a long time now.

Here's some more pictures I found off my harddrive. So many memories.

kobe-bryant-bruce-lee-nike-zoom-kobe-v-2-jpg.2503090

kobe-bryant-bruce-lee-nike-zoom-kobe-v-3.jpg
kobe-bryant-bruce-lee-nike-zoom-kobe-v-4.jpg
kobe-bryant-bruce-lee-nike-zoom-kobe-v-5.jpg
Back in the day, Nike had a giveaway for stickers and post cards from this set. I have it in storage somewhere. All you had to do was email them or submit a form and they sent them to you.

No, but wasn’t easy either. They were limited but no one cared about Kobe’s back then.
Maybe in your area people didn't care about Kobes. In my area, which is a medium sized market in the midwest, Kobes sold pretty well.

BLs were hard to get. They weren't an instant sellout but sold out within a week or two. You were lucky if they were carried in your store cause they weren't available near me.

Hey guys, so a little help here please. I know I’m posting this in the wrong thread and don’t know the rules to all that, but I figured I’ll get the fastest answers here.

So I was able to purchase the Chaos V Protro from eBay using that 25% off code you all mentioned (thanks again for that btw) and it finally arrived. Now I’m not a shoe head or Kobe line expert and the box that it came in is 1:1 ratio with my Carpe Diem 4 Protro BUT the tag didn’t have the “Suggested Retail” detachable tab nor does it have any signs it was removed (perforations). So it might sound silly but just because of the box alone and maybe because the seller was shipping from Czech, I’m wondering if my shoes are fake. Now I’ve attached images of the box and shoes below and the shoes feel 100% authentic and look exact to the point, but I just need either piece of mind for authenticity or return them as fakes. I don’t even know if there are fakes of these out in the market but I felt best to ask around. Oh and the eBay seller had 100% positive reviews and over 1,100 transactions. Any help is appreciated! 0ED8C718-BBD9-4025-9ABF-8B6115A92869.jpeg F4F42C18-94CD-4CCD-98AB-E29CCE5FA244.jpeg 81A1EA1E-AD68-4078-854B-DADE8A77F17D.jpeg
I convinced myself not to buy from that seller cause I was trying to be fiscally responsible and the sticker on the insole threw me off. My pair from HOH didn't come with that sticker but I wasn't sure if it was a thing they did just in Europe. Anyway they look pretty legit and you got a good deal, given the prices currently.

When's the soonest you guys think Nike does a big release for Kobe? I'm not talking about those two faces either as it will have limited stock and it just doesn't feel like enough to honor him

People want to be apart of something. Glad to be on the other side where we were along for the entire ride

You said it. I still have quite a few DS Kobes.

I just unds'd my Kobe 10 grinch nike id for ball (kobe 6 and Kobe X Elite are my top 2 for ball). Can't wait what the 5's feel like.

I bought a couple of the Chaos V's right away and was planning to buy even a few more pairs throughout the release day - but I had to set $$$ aside from xmas expense and investments for this bull run we were having.

You said it. I still have quite a few DS Kobes.

I just unds'd my Kobe 10 grinch nike id for ball (kobe 6 and Kobe X Elite are my top 2 for ball). Can't wait what the 5's feel like.

I bought a couple of the Chaos V's right away and was planning to buy even a few more pairs throughout the release day - but I had to set $$$ aside from xmas expense and investments for this bull run we were having.

Wow UnDSed the Kobe 10 Grinch IDs - I bet you definitely broke a few necks bringing those out :nthat:

Don't know why Nike didn't release a Grinch colorway for each of the Kobes after the 6s. That was such a dope theme for Kobe and gives something for people to look forward to in terms of colorways.

Wow UnDSed the Kobe 10 Grinch IDs - I bet you definitely broke a few necks bringing those out :nthat:

I remember when the Kobe 6 Grinches came out. I was like, I'll wait till the next 20 percent off sale at ftl/ndc etc. As u can tell, terrible move on my part.

When the Kobe 10 Grinch ID's came out, with the help of the some of our more artisic NT members, I went all in asap. By that time, the multicolor Kobe X Nike ID came out alreadyand have purchased my pair of the MC, so I already knew I was gonna love the shoe even though they weren't the 6's.

All this re-sale hype makes me sick. I put these into retirement a couple of years back after they started to show the signs of game age but in protest to all the people trying to make a quick buck off Kobe’s passing they are going to get a restoration today and be my game shoe for the rest of the season.

Attachments

• 28BC1D30-E295-4A65-8C3A-740BBE0F827D.jpeg
    28BC1D30-E295-4A65-8C3A-740BBE0F827D.jpeg
    452.5 KB · Views: 436
I remember when the Kobe 6 Grinches came out. I was like, I'll wait till the next 20 percent off sale at ftl/ndc etc. As u can tell, terrible move on my part.

When the Kobe 10 Grinch ID's came out, with the help of the some of our more artisic NT members, I went all in asap. By that time, the multicolor Kobe X Nike ID came out alreadyand have purchased my pair of the MC, so I already knew I was gonna love the shoe even though they weren't the 6's.

I made a Multi Color ID as well - hesitated on the Grinch IDs and Nike ended up pulling it so I never made the Grinch pair. Those Kobe 10 Elite IDs weren't cheap man. It was like $250 if I remember correctly. My MC pair scuffed up like crazy from hooping in them - should've kept those for casual wear but I hoop in all my basketball sneakers :lol:

I convinced myself not to buy from that seller cause I was trying to be fiscally responsible and the sticker on the insole threw me off. My pair from HOH didn't come with that sticker but I wasn't sure if it was a thing they did just in Europe. Anyway they look pretty legit and you got a good deal, given the prices currently.
Yeah I just went back and looked at the listing and just realized that sticker on the insole. The one he sent me didn’t have it though. Nonetheless I’m just glad I was able to get the shoes cause I purchased last Saturday and really thought he wouldn’t ship once the prices started to skyrocket.

I'm put mine in a blank 47 brand hat
Excellent idea. So excellent, in fact, I just ordered a blank 47 hat in black. Thanks dude, somehow that didn’t even occur to me until I read your post. I’m gonna have to pay someone to sew it on as I don’t sew, but it’s gonna be well worth it. Already ordered two patches on Friday. One on the hat, will save the other one.

I made a Multi Color ID as well - hesitated on the Grinch IDs and Nike ended up pulling it so I never made the Grinch pair. Those Kobe 10 Elite IDs weren't cheap man. It was like $250 if I remember correctly. My MC pair scuffed up like crazy from hooping in them - should've kept those for casual wear but I hoop in all my basketball sneakers :lol:

You said it. Kobe 10 Elite ID and Kobe 11 Elite ID were my most expensive bball shoes I paid for retail-wise.

You said it. Kobe 10 Elite ID and Kobe 11 Elite ID were my most expensive bball shoes I paid for retail-wise.
I made two MC 10s. One in good shape still, one DS. I made one Grinch, which is still DS. I have never seen one person wearing either the MC or Grinch 10s.
I made three MC 11s. One worn a fair amount but still looks great. Other two still DS. Likewise, I’ve never seen another person wearing an MC 11 id.
Glad I never sold any of them. Now X1000. And I will not sell them.

I think they also made the LOVE/HATE shirt along with those 3-4 ceremonial tees from Nike. It was made for his final game so it was definitely at least 4 years ago.

one of my favorite shirts that I own and always wear was the #countonkobe tee. This shirt was from when the 8’s release, I bought it along with the sulfur 8’s and a matching arm sleeve. Kobe was playing amazing in the 8’s before the unfortunate Achilles also in the 8’s (elites)

A6AECA8C-0F22-47CE-9B93-C45BA3E5B05C.jpeg
Shirt is much more faded now from years of wear and wash

Back
Top Bottom