Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Is there a link for the LA Times book? Time Magazine also has a Kobe issue hitting stands on Feb 10th as well. Are there any other commemorative issues out there other than these in the picture and the Time Magazine yet to hit stands?
I actually don’t know of any others. Like I said, my girl was at Costco and these were all there. Did you lookup if the LA Times has a way to purchase a copy online?
Also, as far as I know the Time issue came out LAST Friday, Jan 31, and appears to be long gone. Unless you’re maybe in a different country?

5F9A424D-9522-491C-8DCF-22FAD12EE3BB.jpeg

Picked up these tonight

I actually don’t know of any others. Like I said, my girl was at Costco and these were all there. Did you lookup if the LA Times has a way to purchase a copy online?
Also, as far as I know the Time issue came out LAST Friday, Jan 31, and appears to be long gone. Unless you’re maybe in a different country?
I'm in the states. I've seen releasing last Friday Jan. 31 like you said and hitting newstands Feb. 10th as well. No stores around my way have received it yet.

Just to clarify my post, there’s nothing WRONG with any of the Protros...if I felt that way I wouldn’t have bought not continue to wear them. IMO they’re in the middle of the spectrum when it comes to cushioning. Posted my rotation in other threads but some days I wear light weight, responsive medium cushioned shoes like the protros and other days I’ll throw on something with a little more support and beefier impact protection like a Lebron or Boost based shoe.

For the record I’m over 40 and I’m in great shape...I normally play 3X a week full court, at least 1 leavue, can still dunk, etc. Part of what allows me to keep playing is knowing my body and when I’m feeling a certain way figuring out what I need to do in order to push through and keep going

May not mean much to some but I always appreciate “older” players still on the court, getting at it, and not hanging them up! Kudos dude!

JS”

Saw the Newsweek one in store today while looking for the Times one. Didn't cop though because I only want the Time's cover so I can frame it.

One is from something called Centennial Media and one from Lindy Sports Annuals. Never heard of either before. My girl found all five in one spot at Costco, of all places.
Hey, thanks for answering. I found the LA Times one when I was looking for the SI edition. So glad I did for obvious reasons. It also has one of the best cover shots of Kobe with that intensity he had.

Saw the Newsweek one in store today while looking for the Times one. Didn't cop though because I only want the Time's cover so I can frame it.
If that’s the case it might be worth spending $20 on one of Time’s cover reprints. Comes on better quality paper than just cutting an actual cover off the magazine. You can also order it framed.

If that’s the case it might be worth spending $20 on one of Time’s cover reprints. Comes on better quality paper than just cutting an actual cover off the magazine. You can also order it framed.

Yeah that's an option, but the plan is the frame the actual magazine. Also, if you plan on buying the cover print only, you might as well just spend like $20 and buy your own frame and do it yourself so you can save ~$40 dollars instead of spending $80 buying it with the frame. TIME really out here trying to charge people $60 dollars for a frame.

May not mean much to some but I always appreciate “older” players still on the court, getting at it, and not hanging them up! Kudos dude!

JS”
Thanks brother. I’m going to keep playing until the wheels fall off...love the game too much not to. There’s a 61 year old OG that comes out to play maybe every other week.. now that’s inspiring cause he has all the reasons in the world not to be there.

Broke these out today just so y’all know I ain’t hating on Kobe...
7EFED221-744A-401B-BE09-C5CD0D61BC59.jpeg

Mamba Mentality!!!

Yeah that's an option, but the plan is the frame the actual magazine. Also, if you plan on buying the cover print only, you might as well just spend like $20 and buy your own frame and do it yourself so you can save ~$40 dollars instead of spending $80 buying it with the frame. TIME really out here trying to charge people $60 dollars for a frame.
Yeah. Framing is expensive though, especially if it includes matting. Not defending Time exactly but it would probably cost you that if you have any store like Michaels etc do it.

I wanna buy Kobe’s to hoop in already!!!! prices need to start coming down on the used pairs

I went to 2 Barnes and Nobles and 7 grocery stores and drug stores. Found 1 Kobe magazine, the resellers got them all here. Barnes employee said the drop day people were lined up before opening and buying stacks of them. F THESE PEOPLE.
Retailers really don’t care sometimes. You knew you should have put a limit to 1-2 per magazine per person but didn’t.

The nike near me for got some kobe’s in and has limited them to 1 per person per day and pulled them when customers started to act a fool :lol:

the Barnes and Noble by me had 3 copies of the Time Magazine, but all were visibly dinged up. 2 had pretty badly bent corners, and one had a blemish on the print. Because It's going in a frame I'm pretty particular about the shape it's in and left them all there....

Going to go back tonight and buy the cleanest copy just in case I can't find a cleaner one...

the Barnes and Noble by me had 3 copies of the Time Magazine, but all were visibly dinged up. 2 had pretty badly bent corners, and one had a blemish on the print. Because It's going in a frame I'm pretty particular about the shape it's in and left them all there....

Going to go back tonight and buy the cleanest copy just in case I can't find a cleaner one...

If you're going to frame it, you could actually buy a poster size version of the Times cover off their website

Just got my shipping confirmation for my Mamba Academy fleece hoodie that I ordered on 1/30. Ordered a total of six items but at least one of them shipping is good news.

Back
Top Bottom