Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Those of you who have hooped in your 5s, do they break in/stretch a little? They fit snug but wondering if it goes away once broken in.
They will. The break in process for me in Kobe 5's has always been terrible the first few days/couple of games, but they will break in nicely.

They will. The break in process for me in Kobe 5's has always been terrible the first few days/couple of games, but they will break in nicely.
That’s good to hear.. prob fit those with a narrow foot well. But man every other 13 in Nike basketball shoes has fit great but these got my feet sore just wearing around the house for 10-15 mins.

That’s good to hear.. prob fit those with a narrow foot well. But man every other 13 in Nike basketball shoes has fit great but these got my feet sore just wearing around the house for 10-15 mins.
I've got a wide foot and these Protros are definitely tighter than originals. Don't remember having any tightness issues with those. Gotta size up at least .5 though.

I went true to size just like in the originals. Same fit for me.

For context, I have narrow to normal width feet.

First time I wore kobe 5 fresh out of the box to hoop in I almost threw them away because the uppers were so stiff and there were some hot spots in the flywire ( I had bought them for $40 bucks from Rugged Wearhouse). Brother convinced me to keep them. Wore them again a few weeks later because I didnt have any other hoop shoes around, and they were great. Became my all time favorite hoop shoe.

That's the thing.
PS5s will restock.
Bruce Lee's will not.

I was thinking about this the other day, just not about the PS5. The Bruce Lees will inevitably release again. Could be five years, maybe ten. But the retro+ CWs like the 5x, EYBLs, UNDFTD, etc, most likely will not come out again. So while I want a pair of BLs as much as anyone in this thread, they aren't going to command a ridiculous resale price.

they really don't stretch much FYI

told you guys since the chaos they fit tight as hell and snug

I went half size up and they're still tight on me and hard to put on due to so much cushion on the ankles. ive worn them 4 times for long pick up sessions, haven't gotten any looser IMO

Back in 2010, I was wearing size 10 shoes and they fit me fine.

went with my true size 9.5, they fit good. Def like a glove. But I love it.

Last edited:
I only hoop in mine and definitely suggest going a half size up, especially if one wears thicker socks for hooping.

they really don't stretch much FYI

told you guys since the chaos they fit tight as hell and snug

I went half size up and they're still tight on me and hard to put on due to so much cushion on the ankles. ive worn them 4 times for long pick up sessions, haven't gotten any looser IMO

Yea I was on the TTS side at first but I went up a half size on the 5 rings and it feels much better. TTS was feeling too snug and wouldn’t break in. Gotta let go of my chaos now and find them in half sz up.

All this sizing talk just made me realize how dumb it is that Nike doesn't flood the market with a sneaker that's supposed to be a performance basketball sneaker - the "PROTRO" is an upgrade to performance, right?! People should be able to try the sneaker on in store for sizing before they purchase it. It's so backwards to make a performance basketball sneaker limited if people aren't even able to get their right size for performance. It's like you have to just take a risk, and if you didn't get the right fit for performance, TOO BAD.

A couple say true to size and a handful say half size up lol yea...Nike needs to mass produce so we can try on. Weird thing is my eybl fits better tts than my laker pair. Toes started to go numb in laker pair. I need a 10 now...anyone need a 9.5? 😂

Think the 6 is gonna be the same as these 5s. I’m gonna go for half sz up first since it’s a higher resale so if I hit for retail and they are too big i can easily flip and buy TTS on aftermarket.

Yeah, I had to go up a half size in the OG Vs and the Protros. Fit is the same in both styles, for me, but I noticed the UNDFTD pairs will stretch more and overall hug my feet well, if that makes sense.

Say what lol

Half size up from my TTS is more expensive for everything. I’ll shoot for that and if the shoe does fit TTS ill sell and buy those. Doing it the opposite way could cost me more. Slim chance I hit for retail to begin with.

🏀🏀🏀🏀

Attachments

• 5AC1CBDC-5621-406A-BFB1-BE750FB23E92.jpeg
    5AC1CBDC-5621-406A-BFB1-BE750FB23E92.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 1,013
Back
Top Bottom