Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

The OGs were without doubt more green. Zero debate needed.
But this is the first time I’ve ever said I prefer a retro to an OG. I actually like the little tweaks: the shape, less red speckles, slightly thinner laces, matte finish on the front part of the lateral-side midsole, swoosh sizes and shapes. Plus the underfoot feel. This shoe is excellent to me. Zero complaints with what they did here. And no, I don’t much care about lack of heel Zoom.

Photo Jan 07, 5 30 32 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 07, 5 35 35 PM.jpg

bonus:
Photo Jan 07, 5 37 59 PM.jpg

Hope we get these for mlk day

Attachments

• DC09EEC1-8E8D-4ADD-BC93-109C1C48B7F4.jpeg
    DC09EEC1-8E8D-4ADD-BC93-109C1C48B7F4.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 216
SNKRS pair came in...Damn these things are nice...

Anxious to see how they perform...Just a quick on foot try on...Snug just like the OG’s...The midsole / heel foam is super soft...Can’t feel the zoom turbo at all, probably take some breaking in...

Anyone experiencing a sound while walking in these?..the medial side upper seems to "fold" as I walk and makes a sound on both shoes. Just curious if it's just my pair?...cause that's my life. Lol smh

Another thing I noticed while trying them on was the insole graphics colors are flipped.
OGs on top, Protros on bottom.
Nothing major or noticeable while on foot, but thought it was neat.
20200107_183714.jpg
Didn't even notice the reversed insoles. Doesn't matter to me either way but kind of cool.
I still have some OG laces even though I don't have the OG shoes anymore, and I compared them to the Protros the other day. But your pic here made me realize why I like these better: The base color of the laces is now brighter, making the contrast with the dots less profound. I always felt like the OG laces made these look like clown shoes, so I swapped them on every pair of my OGs for gray Nike laces to subdue the look a bit. On the Protros, I feel no need or desire to do so.
Anyone experiencing a sound while walking in these?..the medial side upper seems to "fold" as I walk and makes a sound on both shoes. Just curious if it's just my pair?...cause that's my life. Lol smh
Not much but I know what you're talking about from the past. Kind of normal for these depending on the way they fit you and how the upper flexes as you walk. It should go away as they get broken in some.

Didn't even notice the reversed insoles. Doesn't matter to me either way but kind of cool.
I still have some OG laces even though I don't have the OG shoes anymore, and I compared them to the Protros the other day. But your pic here made me realize why I like these better: The base color of the laces is now brighter, making the contrast with the dots less profound. I always felt like the OG laces made these look like clown shoes, so I swapped them on every pair of my OGs for gray Nike laces to subdue the look a bit. On the Protros, I feel no need or desire to do so.

Not much but I know what you're talking about from the past. Kind of normal for these depending on the way they ft you and how the upper flexes as you walk. It should go away as they get broken in some.
Thanx Fam! I appreciate you all with your input as alwaz!!
I love this shoe, especially the "Chaos" colorway.... hope we get the "Inlines" aswell?

Got mine from Nike today. They are snug BUT not as snug as the Kyrie 5 or 6 or PG3 or Kobe XI, at least not for me. However, they are more snug than the protro IV.

I consider myself a TTS 12 with slightly wide feet (not wide enough to merit a wide size in any running shoe). I am a 12.5 in the Kyrie 5 and at least that in the 6 (considering 13). The Kobe XI pinches the hell out of my foot. These feel like a hug, no pinching. So, I think TTS will work for most.

They feel great out of the box. The IVs are very good on court. I am already confident these will be much better. I will try for all released colorways and risk sleeping out back in the doghouse for the next year or so.

Mine come tomorrow

gonna got my local Mall and see if they got em in and maybe somehow have a 10.5

I need another pair for retail bad

The OGs were without doubt more green. Zero debate needed.
But this is the first time I’ve ever said I prefer a retro to an OG. I actually like the little tweaks: the shape, less red speckles, slightly thinner laces, matte finish on the front part of the lateral-side midsole, swoosh sizes and shapes. Plus the underfoot feel. This shoe is excellent to me. Zero complaints with what they did here. And no, I don’t much care about lack of heel Zoom.
Nike suck up. :lol:

I wonder if Nike will release a special colorway for All Star? My guess would be no as they haven’t with the previous protros but maybe someone else has insight. Or maybe a restock of the chaos in Chicago?

JS”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom