Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

So wtf is happening??? Nike isn’t selling Kobe’s for the near future? Geez I bet they will screw us and sell limited everything and resellers will screw us more! BIG FU TO NIKE AND RESELLERS

Nobody said anything as a fact. It's called a discussion.
I think his point was, it's all conjecture. Nothing wrong with that, and you're absolutely correct, it's just a discussion. But the "cease and desist" conjecture was a bit silly.

a54b3f082f3ba21b3dbd2ee414be8e31.png

FL calendar in Europe

Purple Black and Gold?
So that Laker pair?
And FL is known to have items up on their calendar only to remove it.

I got the back order e-mail too initially, but mine said that if it was an eastbay team sale, ignore the fact that it said backordered... I think all of these items default to backordered because they're made to order and don't keep stock - thus by eastbay definition "backordered" because they're pending creation

Capture.PNG

I got the same thing.

I think his point was, it's all conjecture. Nothing wrong with that, and you're absolutely correct, it's just a discussion. But the "cease and desist" conjecture was a bit silly.
Well, it would not be the first time that a cease and desist was used by, or through Bryant.

So you are right, it is silly, but thinking that it could not be a cease and desist, is flat out stupid.

Last edited:
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

If you really think a multibillion dollar corporation with teams of attorneys isn't going to include a clause stipulating what to do "IN CASE OF..." then I don't know what to tell you.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

If you really think a multibillion dollar corporation with teams of attorneys isn't going to include a clause stipulating what to do "IN CASE OF..." then I don't know what to tell you.
It's just a discussion dude. Either add to it intelligently or keep it moving. It's not that hard.

We are speculating about something we dont know anything about. No body is right and no body is wrong. I believe it is likely that there is a clause about if he were to die. However, we have no idea what that clause is. Maybe it meant the contract gets renegotiated......(insert whatever your thoughts are here).

If anyone in the argument can specifically show me what his contract says....fine.....but until then its all discussion. Discussion is cool with me but it is dividing everyone.

Kobe just died......that should bring the kobe crew together.

On a side note, ive always appreciated the kobe threads because of the discussions and how civil they are. I even love how everyone can get off topic at times and it turns into a wrestling thread. This feels different though. We should be posting collection pics and voting on our favorite kobe moment.

I have went on far too long. One of my favorite kobe pics i have taken to follow

I’m not trying to stir the pot here but I am an attorney that has both done some work for Nike and done some work in the endorsement / rights of publicity field. In all likelihood, there is a clause or clauses in the contract specifying terms for death or incapacitation. It is possible the contract was even between a trust holding Kobe’s rights and Nike. In that case, his death would have no effect.

For a number of reasons, it defies legal logic and business reality that a cease and desist letter would be sent in this case. That doesn’t mean the thought is stupid, just uninformed.

Be patient. Even though it is likely not required, it is right for Nike and the family to consult on releases going forward and that is good. I very much doubt Vanessa has been in a state of mind to even consider those discussions. (They may be handled by an agent or attorney but the representative would seek and likely need her input.)

Pessimistic and materialistic as it may be, there are profits to be made here, whether for the family, non-profits, Nike, or all of the above. So releases will happen at some point.

Well, it would not be the first time that a cease and desist was used by, or through Bryant.

So you are right, it is silly, but thinking that it could not be a cease and desist, is flat out stupid.
That was an entirely different situation. I don't think you have a good understanding of what a contract like Kobe's with Nike looks like. There will be an entire clause(s) dealing with death, rights, etc. But I'm not fighting with anyone about it, it's all good.

I’m not trying to stir the pot here but I am an attorney that has both done some work for Nike and done some work in the endorsement / rights of publicity field. In all likelihood, there is a clause or clauses in the contract specifying terms for death or incapacitation. It is possible the contract was even between a trust holding Kobe’s rights and Nike. In that case, his death would have no effect.

For a number of reasons, it defies legal logic and business reality that a cease and desist letter would be sent in this case. That doesn’t mean the thought is stupid, just uninformed.

Be patient. Even though it is likely not required, it is right for Nike and the family to consult on releases going forward and that is good. I very much doubt Vanessa has been in a state of mind to even consider those discussions. (They may be handled by an agent or attorney but the representative would seek and likely need her input.)

Pessimistic and materialistic as it may be, there are profits to be made here, whether for the family, non-profits, Nike, or all of the above. So releases will happen at some point.
Thank you. Exactly. It's going to get sorted out.

That was an entirely different situation. I don't think you have a good understanding of what a contract like Kobe's with Nike looks like. There will be an entire clause(s) dealing with death, rights, etc. But I'm not fighting with anyone about it, it's all good.
My initial comment was simply banter until your egos and feelings got into the mix, and apparently? This is still the case.

Back
Top Bottom