Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Then what’s the hold up? I don’t trust them! Sorry to be negative but it’s not looking good. And they don’t care about real fans! As long as they sell out what they have they don’t care about resellers taking them all
I'd imagine they're trying to be smart about how they proceed with Kobe's line. Pretty much uncharted territory for a signature athlete to have a horrible fatal accident. It takes time but chill out bruh.

I was looking on Ebay I like those EYBL KOBE 10 but they want $500 for them. I have never seen anyone wear them before
Eybl Kobe 11 is a nice shoe but its too low top someone on ebay got them for $450.00

Last edited:
I did find it odd that they didn’t protro the ASG Kobe 5’s along with the ASG lebron 7’s. And this was before Kobe’s death. Seems like a great timing to have protro the ASG 5’s as it was the same year back then (ASG lebron and ASG Kobe) and goes with the flow of protro 5’s releasing this year

I did find it odd that they didn’t protro the ASG Kobe 5’s along with the ASG lebron 7’s. And this was before Kobe’s death. Seems like a great timing to have protro the ASG 5’s as it was the same year back then (ASG lebron and ASG Kobe) and goes with the flow of protro 5’s releasing this year

Absolutely baffled me, especially when they released the Christmas versions of both shoes too (worn in the same game!)

Nike has gotten so few things right the past few years. Look how much market share Adidas has taken. And the swoosh is also lucky that Under Armor has done such a terrible job also. Nike has got to be the worst run though and just getting by on how big it is. They'd rather get the opinions of some 26 year old with an MBA than guys who have been with the company for 10+ years and are passionate about the storytelling and athletes they get to work with. I'm painting broad strokes but that's the reality. Nike has some minorities in positions you might see on instagram, guys who go to all-star games and marketing events, but in general the lack of minorities in corporate positions is pretty damn evident.

Nike has gotten so few things right the past few years. Look how much market share Adidas has taken. And the swoosh is also lucky that Under Armor has done such a terrible job also. Nike has got to be the worst run though and just getting by on how big it is. They'd rather get the opinions of some 26 year old with an MBA than guys who have been with the company for 10+ years and are passionate about the storytelling and athletes they get to work with. I'm painting broad strokes but that's the reality. Nike has some minorities in positions you might see on instagram, guys who go to all-star games and marketing events, but in general the lack of minorities in corporate positions is pretty damn evident.

what the hell...

you went from blaming 26 year olds to them not hiring minorities? what does minorities gotta do with putting out a good product?

you hire the best person for the job, regardless of race, religion or gender. then you'll get a better product.

if these release hope my city get them
7D97FF93-6EE0-4C96-B9D3-FA342287965A.png

what the hell...

you went from blaming 26 year olds to them not hiring minorities? what does minorities gotta do with putting out a good product?

you hire the best person for the job, regardless of race, religion or gender. then you'll get a better product.

You are totally right. Lots to put into a hastily written post, but Nike has a real disconnect between it's fans and the culture it's supposedly creating/serving and the the reality of its corporate practices. Not hiring minorities and women are absolutely factors into that, feel free to take a look at the active lawsuits like Cahill v. Nike. I should state I'm also working on a project that has involved interviewing retail workers and management and it's incredibly depressing, both the way companies treat the workers and also how little people feel can be done/have tried to do. It's frustrating and I'm not even involved/interested in that sector. If Nike hired the best, regardless of race, religion, or gender then the situation would be different. They capitalize on their name and offer lower salaries for comparable positions because lots of people will take the status of working for Nike than just some nameless corporation.

Enough of my derailing the thread. Saw these old photos today for the first time. Does anyone know if the heel zoom units in the protros are the same size? These seem huge...

Attachments

• nike-zoom-kobe-v-usc-a-look-inside-3.jpg
    nike-zoom-kobe-v-usc-a-look-inside-3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 701
I like the Lakers protro, but I want the original Lakers colorway. The one he actually wore on court. That's just the kid /nostalgia in me. I like having a colorway the player actually wore.
I think A lot of people feel that way bro I for sure do. Getting colorways Kobe actually wore means a lot more now😔. I'm down for some new colors long as we get a solid amount of OGs.

Also I see sites are posting the Laker Protro as March 26th? Maybe they know something we don't or just a calculated guess?

what the hell...

This was an incredibly ignorant post. Typical.

Where? Eastbay?

Looks like the hat is unavailable now. Hope they are just waiting on more stock. They are shipping stuff pretty quickly, I placed an order on the 15th and it shipped the 17th.

I know lots of us are still angry and hurt and sad, myself included. But let's keep sharing the Kobe stories and moments and focus on that, been enjoying everyone's collection pics and seeing activity.

yeah me too. I don't have any protro 5's yet. But i still have the original chaos along with a few other 5's that aren't protros. At this point, I'm ready for any cw protro 5's

Back
Top Bottom