Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Mentioned this in the Jordan V white/fire red thread ...
I bought a fourth pair of Protro Chaos from SX yesterday. Hate paying resell prices and especially in the circumstances. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see prices coming down to a point that it really makes a huge difference, so I just sad eff it.I should have just bought that last pair on release day for retail, and I didn't. It's my favorite Kobe--I went through three pairs of the OG release.
In the end, it stings, but these ain't coming back around again for a LONG time, unless Nike reloads ... which seems doubtful.
Some of you guys know, I have multiples of a handful of certain shoes I love. But I only have four pairs of two shoes: Concords and now Chaos Vs. I guess these are my two favorite shoes of all time. As it should be.

I bought a fourth pair of Protro Chaos from SX yesterday. Hate paying resell prices and especially in the circumstances. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see prices coming down to a point that it really makes a huge difference, so I just sad eff it.I should have just bought that last pair on release day for retail, and I didn't.
In the end, it stings...
Some of you guys know, I have multiples of a handful of certain shoes I love. But I only have four pairs of two shoes: Concords and now Chaos Vs. I guess these are my two favorite shoes of all time. As it should be.

I had a hand in this. :rofl:

I‘m glad you got me to buy my one pair. We are even. :lol:

I had a hand in this. :rofl:

I‘m glad you got me to buy my one pair. We are even. :lol:
:rofl:
Remember when you were only maybe gonna buy one pair? Wait, I thought you ended up with two?
Regardless, it IS your fault. You were talking sense at the time and I listened for once. Cost me an extra $200 now. Way to go, dickhead :lol:

Yeah I don't see the Chaos dropping much. Also want a pair but it wouldn't make sense for me to pay resale since I want to hoop in them.
I infer you didn't get a pair on release day? If that's the case I agree. If they aren't your jam in a bigger way and you only want to play in them, makes no sense.

I also want a pair for hooping. I'm not too invested in any single colorways, so I will patiently wait until we get some GRs that are easily attainable near retail...

if I paid retail, I have no problem hooping in them even if they have a high value. But if I have to pay resale, kind of hesitant to F them up in hoops lol

if I paid retail, I have no problem hooping in them even if they have a high value. But if I have to pay resale, kind of hesitant to F them up in hoops lol
I really just want some Kobe's to hoop in.

Waited too long when the Protro 1s sat around and hit outlets. Now the prices are way up there to justify paying.

I have the og models of most of the kobe line so I still hoop in those. But a fresh protro (espeically 5's) is what I wanna try right now.

Dug through my stash and found this DS outlet gem find
44A1A8F6-A842-460E-9D81-9863D4BC5217.jpeg

I’m gonna end up paying resale for sz 12 pretty soon! Very upset but nothing to do other than b*tch and moan! And I will defy hoop
In them. I’m not into wasting money by “collecting”

Dug through my stash and found this DS outlet gem find
44A1A8F6-A842-460E-9D81-9863D4BC5217.jpeg
I hope this is an old picture. If this is recent the glue in the 5s wasn’t that good and all my OG Vs Separated from the midsole a couple of years ago :frown:
If you do decide to wear them take a back up pair

Those look like they held up pretty well. Del sols seem to be one of the worst aging pairs. A lot of parts yellow.

Those were the days bros. Most colors were at all the outlets for 70-90 bucks. Then I began scooping pairs at Rugged Warehouse for $40 each. Inks, inlines, del sol, all black. Less than $175 funded my hoop shoes for like 5 years after. Now that won’t get me one GR Protro.

Back
Top Bottom