Nike ZOOM KOBE VIII Design Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
A signature shoe takes about an average of 18 to 24 months. I'm sure the Kobe VIII is wrapped up by now.
I doubt they will continue the system. Seeing as it wasn't done very well.
But if they do have a modular system I bet that they will have fixed all the problems
I have a feeling that they will use dynamic flywire. But probably utilize it in a different way.
I hope they keep herringbone
I feel that the Kobe 7 might be a bridge shoe between the kobe 6 and kobe 8
Maybe Kobe is tired of having such a light minimalist shoe.
The 7 was 13.7 oz or something like that. That's a 3 oz difference from the kobe 6 and 5
I would assume that kobe might want something that's more sturdy and supportive with more cushioning.
I would be surprised if they went back to the 5 and 6. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
But maybe Nike doesn't want to go back to that because they've done it already.
Nike is always trying to push the boundary and bring something new to the table.
I'm sure Eric Avar has something up his sleeve.
Oh and bring back the torch sleeve!!! Being able to lace up without my feet going numb would be nice!

Last edited:
Oh, the Kobe 8 is done. I pointed out the obvious (YOTS) for a reason.

can you give some more teasers? humor us!

and the guy up there, from what I know, it will be the system again. I think when they launch a certain sig,
they already have the upcoming sig pretty much done.

wasnt there a rumor of the VIII's being high top? eh I dont completely remember if it was just speculation.

i say kobe 5s with a snakeskin of 6s and outsole of 4s
nthat.gif

I just pray the Kobe VIII are better than the 7s I couldn't even wear my orthotics and fit in the shoe. I had to stock up on the VIs.... Please Nike go back to something like the VIs those were performance beasts.

im geeked, i am YOTS 1989 so this get me very excited, i do hope they implement the snake pattern/print on this model i loved the 6s and elites for that reason

since i am not a hooper performance on court doesnt concern me on,out the past models i say 5 were one of my favs very light n comfy shoe!!!

cant wait for teaser pics, stilll pissed they never released YOTD in the states dumb move on nike it is top 5 CW of the VIIs

Last edited:
Of course the Kobe VIII is done, but we can still speculate.
I wonder what sort of "skin", if any, they will go with this time around. You had skinwire with the 5s, snake skin with the 6, and this Kobe skin (which is more like shark skin) with the 7s.

Thanks to everyone for staying on topic.

Lots of creative input from most

One shoe concept could be something in relation to when his jersey was 8
Maybe some of the records he set under #8, like his 81pnt record

Hopefully there's no more play fast\strong insoles like the 7s had :smh: it's such a pain in the *** for those who have wide foot like me, I always end up having blisters after playing on em.smh
I hope they go back to a mid top silhouette like the 4s with the kb6 (shoe that molds to my foot) insole and kb 5 type color ways :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Why would he add more weight to the shoe, that's more added stress and pressure on his movements on the court....anyway since the LeBron X pics is out whats going on with the Kobe VIIIs??

Kobe's will def be last to appear, just like last year. Nike needs to do work with the VIII after the VII paled in comparison to the IV/V/VI. Brilliant marketing campaign as always but the shoe did not perform. I feel like they will deliver though, they always do.

Thanks to everyone for staying on topic.
Lots of creative input from most
One shoe concept could be something in relation to when his jersey was 8
Maybe some of the records he set under #8, like his 81pnt record
ooooo like where ur going with this, nike can do so much more now using records and accomplishments with his previous jersey number

now im even more excited

nah i think his shoes are gonna stay lowtop after all it requires hi quote unquote specifications & i doubt he'll change it within a year, i hope it will be lowtop anyways
& lebron 8 went through the same thing clearanced

but its sad how people sleep on kobes though

I doubt the Kobe VIII (KB8) will have any direct ties to the #8 Kobe, because I'm pretty sure he changed it partially due to marketing reasons. I heard he doesn't sign #8 stuff.

But it would be a great opportunity to do some "retro" marketing with the 81-point game, championships, etc. Like a Jordan XVIII campaign that looks back, although Kobe isn't retiring at the year's end.

Didn't he change from the 8 because of the incident in Colorado? It wasn't far apart from that time to when he changed to #24. Just sayin'

Colorado happened in the summer of 2003, he changed in the summer of 2006. Almost an entire era passed in his career.

This was around the time when Adidas started retroing the Crazy 8's and using the "8" to associate the Kobe image without using him specifically. I read this was a huge reason why he changed but I'm not sure.

And when everyone had to buy his jersey again, his name skyrocketed to the top of the sales list, so you could argue that it helped his image turn back around.

Thanks to those who didn't trash my #8 reference.

Just to clear things up

# 8 is when he playd in Italy

# 24 is his old HS jersey #

Reasoning for the change was a supposed starting the "2nd 1/2" of his career...

There are quite alot of concepts that could be tied to Kobe, they just went too far with this animal power crap on the VII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom