Nike ZOOM KOBE VIII Design Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to NEVER EVER GO BACK TO A HIGH OR A MID!!!! Every year should be lighter and lower!!!!! Get back to where they were going with the Kobe 4-6!!! The 7s were a HUGE STEP BACK IN PERFORMANCE!!!! Clunky, chaffed the foot, too high off the ground, bad court feel, actually felt like they made me a step slow! I really hope the 8s get back to pushing the lighter and lower envelope. I don't care what anyone says, I have never felt more secure with the ankle support provided by the Kobe line. There isn't a high or mid shoe that has given me the confidents and lockdown that the kobe 4-6 do. People who think it needs to go back to a mid or a high need to go buy lebrons or jordans if they want that crap IMO. The kobe line is about light and low, let everyone else have high cut shoes that don't do you any good when you roll your ankle. People need to realize, a high will not prevent an ankle roll, or reduce the damage, its a myth!! Sorry for ranting, but man, Kobe 4-6 are the best shoes ever made, they need to get back to that!
Kobe is getting older, he needs all the ankle support he can get.

I too would like to see a mid as well. These low joints and ankle strap supports are weak sauce. The VIII's will probably be a low though.

I too would like to see a mid as well. These low joints and ankle strap supports are weak sauce. The VIII's will probably be a low though.

I agree, I would like to see a mid top shoe like the kobe 4 but the kobe 8s for sure will be a low top, they already stressed enough that the height/cut of the shoe won't prevent you from rolling your ankle, it is the stability of the shoe that is important to lessen the chances of ankle injury.

Hopefully, the kobe 8 would be a huge improvement over the 7s. All I got from the 7s where blisters after balling:smh:

It wouldn't be logical for Nike to make the kobe 8 a mid-top because the KD 5 is going to be a mid and the Lebron X a high as usual. I would be really excited for a kobe mid-top, but I feel like the reason I've worn Kobes and KDs casually is because they're low tops.

for sure it would be a low top and a system. I think it's been confirmed and if not, at least
we have seen paperwork stating so.

I just wish that they fine tune this system to make it work. In all honesty I love the system
but it just doesn't work. The concept needs to be executed well because so far it has failed
in all aspects but aesthetics...

I wish they can use some leather/suede on the upper like the zk4 upper with a mix of synthetic (plastics,flywire)
and leather. Please do not use Fuse, that would cheapen the ZK line if anything. Stay with leather and
flywire like the zk4. That way they can play with colors more and not settle on printed uppers with transparent
layers.

Zoom embedded in Lunarlon or cushlon encased in phylon would be amazing I think. So nervous about
this second edition of the system....

Thanks to those who didn't trash my #8 reference.
Just to clear things up
# 8 is when he playd in Italy
# 24 is his old HS jersey #
Reasoning for the change was a supposed starting the "2nd 1/2" of his career...
There are quite alot of concepts that could be tied to Kobe, they just went too far with this animal power crap on the VII.

but he was 33 in high school
m7yio.jpg

The last good Kobe's were...

However, I did like the VII model and they should build on that with the ankle sleeve.

a higher cut shoe does not, and never will give you better ankle support.
it all depends on how low your food is to the actual floor.

that's why i'm opposed to wearing airmax. it's just asking for an ankle injury. no thanks

think about it >D

but he was 33 in high school
m7yio.jpg

he wore 24 and 33. 33 is retired, so that's why he changed to 24.

Last edited:
I wish they could just recreate the zk4 feel and just use full length zoom or the zk7 zoom setup but both top loaded.
I mean, just recreate the low to the ground feel and lockdown and just create a different look on the outside. If they
can do that, I'm 100000% fine with that.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

4s & 6s are great some of my favorite kicks
5s are okay, didn't like shape
7s were a major let down
i can't **** with 1, 2, and 3s

I expect the 8s to be innovative and aesthetically pleasing
bring back the chaos and dark knight cws

Yes, IV's >

BUT...

Personally for balling purposes, II's > for me

That bouncy full length zoom air is heaven sent, great traction :smokin

Last edited:
^i actually wouldnt be mad @ that.

theyd still be low and light but the flyknit setup could def make for more colors/patterns/possibilities than the 1 piece uppers.

im all for em...

I agree with knife. They will need to add a supportive shell that can withstand the beating that a basketball shoe takes. I do like the flyknit idea though.

Can't wait to see how the VIII will look like now that we get the sense of how the KD V and Lebron X will look like. Kobe might be taking back the reigns in the sig line again. :nerd:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom