Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

SoDZ2.jpg

Coppers.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

saw a dude wearing the binarys on 125th, they arnt bad but im tired of the mash ups

If they look good what's not to like? Years back when Drew Greer came up with the idea for retroing shoes and the "mash ups" Nike Sportswear started kicking Nike Basketballs butt in sales. That concept is here to stay millions and millions later you can't fight the results. Little known fact Gentry Humphrey used to work with Drew and took that concept to Jordan. Drew is no longer with the company

these have a air wavy look to them in person, i wanna see nike come up with something new and worth the money, seems like all they have been doing is "mash ups". the only new stuff is always some "make the shoe lighter" gimmicks with less and cheaper materials for more money

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Originally Posted by badboy074

Why didn't the penny 2 atlantic sell? Is it because there's too many whites?

they got released twice, the second time they sat & sittin still at outlets

First time was a QS so *

that pic of the Binary pair makes them look 
pimp.gif
 still unsure bout these though
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Ya I wish Nike didnt jerk us around like that. I traded a DS pair of 05 Flint XIII's for the Penny II Atlantic QS's. Not knowing like 8 months later the damn shoe was going to be everywhere. Oh well. Penny II's are my favorite shoe's and I waited forever for that retro so of course I was thirsty for em 
ohwell.gif

binarys are dope, my homie has them already, me i like the pearls, cant wait to get my hands on.. he paid 250 but i wanna pay cheaper...

Originally Posted by Rick2345

Binarys are the only must cop for me
pimp.gif

The rest will be decided on when I see clearer/detailed pics.

No news on RD right?
Kixandthecity  reported that they release Nov 12th.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

saw a dude wearing the binarys on 125th, they arnt bad but im tired of the mash ups

If they look good what's not to like? Years back when Drew Greer came up with the idea for retroing shoes and the "mash ups" Nike Sportswear started kicking Nike Basketballs butt in sales. That concept is here to stay millions and millions later you can't fight the results. Little known fact Gentry Humphrey used to work with Drew and took that concept to Jordan. Drew is no longer with the company

i wanna see nike come up with something new and worth the money, seems like all they have been doing is "mash ups". the only new stuff is always some "make the shoe lighter" gimmicks with less and cheaper materials for more money
Worth the money - if its selling its got to be worth the money wouldn't you say? (at least to those buying it)
Seems - Nike Retro are the main "mash up creators, Nike Basketball did it for a lil bit with the Sharkleys and Air Raids... but again.. they are here to stay

Make the shoe lighter...- Not in this case but I agree.. Im all for a solid stable shoe.  It worked well before.. why not now?

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

^^^^ Whats the point of an eggplant colorway. Already got the Binary Blues

Ones blue and ones purple, two totally different colors. I don't understand your statement.

They are coming out with more original colors so I can't knock them for recycling old colors. The eggplant color looks good but the "copper" looks awful. Only one out of every color I don't agree with

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

^^^^ Whats the point of an eggplant colorway. Already got the Binary Blues

Ones blue and ones purple, two totally different colors. I don't understand your statement.
Brah I'm aware that blue and purple are different colors.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom