Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

hmmm im sitting on a few flightposite 2s. will make change next time i wear. comfort isnt as bad as the penny 1 retros tho.

Was truly skeptical about this shoe...

Purchased on whim status because i haven't copped any shoes since
the Air Trainer SC 2's.

Got these in the mail via sneaker state and wow... images are like an
incompetent lawyer: do it no justice.

Once i had these in my hands, i knew i was that closer to jesus...

(and ultimately, losing my virginity).

Yes.

rookie-eggplant-2-595x265.jpg

Been following this thread for a while and finally got my pair in yesterday. Tried em on and immediately felt the flat feeling of the shoe. Initially I thought I got a bogus pair or something. I remember i had the OG pearls and my brother was rocking em one day and stepped on a pin. I can hear the air coming out of them. When I tried them on later the whole feel was just flat and thats how these feel. Its a very nice shoe but a damn shame they can charge $200 and it feels like I'm wearing some Chucks. The heel Zoom is nonexistent as far as I'm concerned and that picture above just proves it. Was looking forward to maybe playing ball in these but not anymore.

Shoe is strictly an aesthetic cast.

Damn damn shame.

Good job nike.

I'm surprised they didn't charge 220 for them.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

most $200 shoes aren't for hooping anyway. although, again, i see why yall feel the way u do.

All Nike bball shoes especially the expensive ones are supposed to be for playing ball. Remember jordan2011s were cheaper and came with both full length air and heel forefoot zoom. All foam and flightposite retros came with the proper zoom setup. The zoom rookie is made up of shoes that ALL have forefoot zoom. It's a shame this shoe looks so good and I would have purchased multiple pairs to play in but refuse to be taken advantage of with this release. Ive been faithfully buying and playing innike bball and Jordan shoes for over 20 years and used to spend alot of money on kicks but since Phil knight left and things got cheap it's really frustrating to see how the bang for the buck factor and quality that Nike once possessed is no longer there. I just think the younger generation cares more about looks or being limited and doesn't really care about what's Inside the shoe and would never play ball in their kicks unless they are playing their ps3

Dr D. For whatever reason and as long as I followed Nike and worked with dudes there it didn't dawn on me about the materials goin down hill once Phil left. But to Mark Parkers credit he was a former designer and knows his $+! and was the one who put the kabash on the Og Bron VI.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Dr D. For whatever reason and as long as I followed Nike and worked with dudes there it didn't dawn on me about the materials goin down hill once Phil left. But to Mark Parkers credit he was a former designer and knows his $+! and was the one who put the kabash on the Og Bron VI.

i dont get what youre saying? I thought YALL all (mostly in the know) loved the OG bron VI??

Those in the know aint Mark Parker bruh and what HE likes and wants is ALWAYS most important....

I guess he didnt think that was the shoe to put on the market for Bron at the time...

i meant mostly in college and the pros u see dudes hooping in hyperdunks, bb huaraches or whatever and the like, which are all like $125 shoes. usually only the star players are rocking the expensive or "exclusive" kicks.

Originally Posted by marsloves

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

i still think the rookies are a dope-looking shoe but i just can't get into them because of that lack of cushioning. no forefoot zoom and the heel zoom is like smaller than a strip of juicy fruit lol. you can see how small that stick-shaped zoom bag is on nightwing2303's site where he gives his first impression. oh well it's $200 a pop saved. was gonna go in on the binary and blackout too.

QFT
was beginning to think i was the only one that felt this way...

Guise >!
 I FOUND THE SOLUTION !
happy.gif

Change the Nike "Zoom" Rookie insole and swap it for a Nike SB Dunk insole in the same size and VUALA !

Gives it that comfort  needed in the heel and forefoot, just give it a try
pimp.gif
That's great and all, but for a $200 shoe, you shouldn't have to take donor insoles from other shoes just to try to make it comfortable.  I really like the binary's and all, but I'd have to try them on for a good minute before I even thought about copping.  I just can't justify that kind of dough on something I'm not gonna want to wear all the time.  I'd quicker just get Kentucky or ID Lebron IX's and get the comfort along with everything.

A dude was selling Zoom insoles on ebay for a long while and I picked up a set not too long ago and shortly after his auctions were taken down.

They are the truth too. Full Zoom Insoles

Problem is when you use it in certain kicks it rises your foot up too high in the sneaker

yeah i bought some from a fellow Nter, put them in some bb2 trash talk lows i bought from ebay that were missing the full length zoom.
bottom line, 200 flightposite hybrid shoe with no cushioning in it that you can't even play ball in = nike just doesn't care anymore because if it looks good and is limited and has hype from SC, I$$ and NT, it will sell with no paid advertising. what more could a business want? I feel like i am starting to sound a little like dark chocolate/coach hubie/nat turner. I really have been loyal to nike and spent thousands, but to me this release is like a slap in the face.

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

yeah i bought some from a fellow Nter, put them in some bb2 trash talk lows i bought from ebay that were missing the full length zoom.
bottom line, 200 flightposite hybrid shoe with no cushioning in it that you can't even play ball in = nike just doesn't care anymore because if it looks good and is limited and has hype from SC, I$$ and NT, it will sell with no paid advertising. what more could a business want? I feel like i am starting to sound a little like dark chocolate/coach hubie/nat turner. I really have been loyal to nike and spent thousands, but to me this release is like a slap in the face.
This made me chuckle a little bit. 
I'll keep stocking though... apologize for the poo poo cell pic

381036_1969536176897_1797753095_1318743_1473140920_n.jpg

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

A dude was selling Zoom insoles on ebay for a long while and I picked up a set not too long ago and shortly after his auctions were taken down.

They are the truth too. Full Zoom Insoles

Problem is when you use it in certain kicks it rises your foot up too high in the sneaker

Guess we got them from the same seller.Popped them in my binaries the other day and they feel like I totally different shoe. Those insoles are spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom