Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Originally Posted by jrich703

GYM RED / BLACK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ALL RED

Bruh... Im a little confused.  You said you haven't seen pics of the Black/Red joints... 
How can you say they are better than ANY shoe?  Please enlighten...

Because the *IDEA* of having red and black to the all reds is a no brainer. Red and black over all red in any shoe you would think right? +++plus the design of this shoe is sick regardless of the guts,,, think binary blue but Gym Red.. Sounds sick don't it?! Don't lie

GYM RED / BLACK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ALL RED

Bruh... Im a little confused.  You said you haven't seen pics of the Black/Red joints... 

Because the *IDEA* of having red and black to the all reds is a no brainer. Red and black over all red in any shoe you would think right? +++plus the design of this shoe is sick regardless of the guts,,, think binary blue but Gym Red.. Sounds sick don't it?! Don't lie

I guess Im more visual and would need to SEE the actual color Gym Red...   Call me a sucker for the All Reds though... Just glad I'll see a pair.
I'll stay on the look out for the other Black / Red joints.

Originally Posted by Definition Of Dopeness

uptempo air got the binarys for 160 shipped, for you guys who been tryin' to get em a lil cheaper.
haha was just gonna post this. was gonna get a pair but after reading how uncomfy they are i'm just gonna save the $$.

Are you all referring to these zoom inserts:

So.....

How does this work, yall just drop this thing in your shoe and go?!?
Isn't it un-stable feeling being like that in raw form?!

I'm more so looking for an ACTUAL insole with zoom air in it... like this pic, exhibit far right:

311uq0g.jpg

Will just swap out my flightposite insoles and throw in here and go with the flow.

Those are the one's I was talking about....

and you lift the initial insole up and put the Zoom insert in there. Not unstable at all.

Comfy like the Bron 8 V1

Lol I didn't even know the flightposites had zoom insoles until I just pulled them out. I always just thought it was in the midsole. Nike needs to sell zoom insoles asap.

I guess Im more visual and would need to SEE the actual color Gym Red...   Call me a sucker for the All Reds though... Just glad I'll see a pair.
I maybe extremely wrong here but the Gym Red / Black sounds like all red to me, like NikeDealer said before no one has seen pictures of these and the rumored release date was sometime in Dec. The reason I speculate this is because the all red joints do have black on them. But maybe those would be Red / Red who knows.

Originally Posted by eciaccord

^ I would use a lebron 8 insole. I have been wearing my lebron 8 insoles in my free runs and the comfort is great.

took out my solar red insole and shoved them in my binary.  Not bad.

Originally Posted by heyitszachm

still curious as to why little hypebeasts aren't eating this shoe up...

I've noticed most foam heads are in to everything foam, flightposites 1, 2, 3, 1/2 cents, foamdomes, air bakin boots...

Hypebeast are only on the train for Foams.

Which is good, makes it easier for the rest of us.

Originally Posted by cibgam

I maybe extremely wrong here but the Gym Red / Black sounds like all red to me, like NikeDealer said before no one has seen pictures of these and the rumored release date was sometime in Dec. The reason I speculate this is because the all red joints do have black on them. But maybe those would be Red / Red who knows.

To be clear the Red/Red I've been drooling over won't be releasing.  The only black I see on the Red/Red's are the Nike Swoosh trim.  However there were a few Red/Reds produced for friends and family. 
wink.gif

What once was lost hope..... now is found.

Peoople aren't "eating up" Binarys because tey were mass prodcued and sent out everywhere AND its bad tiing (bc3s, duncans, black Friday, etc.) That people are more worried about...GITDs and Oranges sold out with the quickness though
laugh.gif

Nice post on uptempoair...binarys for 160 is def. A good llok,if I didn't have em already I would've picked em up

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by heyitszachm

still curious as to why little hypebeasts aren't eating this shoe up...

I've noticed most foam heads are in to everything foam, flightposites 1, 2, 3, 1/2 cents, foamdomes, air bakin boots...

Hypebeast are only on the train for Foams.

Which is good, makes it easier for the rest of us.

yup..... 

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Peoople aren't "eating up" Binarys because tey were mass prodcued and sent out everywhere AND its bad tiing (bc3s, duncans, black Friday, etc.) That people are more worried about...GITDs and Oranges sold out with the quickness though
laugh.gif

Nice post on uptempoair...binarys for 160 is def. A good llok,if I didn't have em already I would've picked em up
I think this is a good thing too...  However I STILL dont think they will reach Outlets because Nike and alot of Footlockers will be out of them after a markdown or two. The mom and pop shops will off load these at a discount and make way for the upcoming colors and other Nike releases as well...
Plus they can't RTV this joint.  I for one will be getting the youngins a few pairs at a discounted rate but not letting them ball in them unless they use the insoles.

Those are the one's I was talking about....

and you lift the initial insole up and put the Zoom insert in there. Not unstable at all.

Comfy like the Bron 8 V1

Doesn't that make your shoe smaller with two big insoles inside and you too high off ground.

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

these should have came with a disclaimer like the Air Mags. "not for athletic use"

yeah i bought some from a fellow Nter, put them in some bb2 trash talk lows i bought from ebay that were missing the full length zoom.
bottom line, 200 flightposite hybrid shoe with no cushioning in it that you can't even play ball in = nike just doesn't care anymore because if it looks good and is limited and has hype from SC, I$$ and NT, it will sell with no paid advertising. what more could a business want? I feel like i am starting to sound a little like dark chocolate/coach hubie/nat turner. I really have been loyal to nike and spent thousands, but to me this release is like a slap in the face.

Very very nice Rock. Wish your man dolce would have dropped in some forefoot zoom in these. Because the design is on point. maybe yours got the forefoot zoom anyways I'm passing, I just cant drop 2 bills for heel only zoom. I look forward to the 2k3s if they release but please remind him they need to keep the full length zoom in. Thanks man

i really like these shoes, but 200 + heel only zoom??? No Gracias . Was going to get the binary blues and the blacks but not anymore. I must say though that I def am disappointed, but not surprised. Fashion over substance is what has been going on for awhile. Heard it directly from nike, here is the email i got

Fam, we get the point. None of us like the fact that there is heel only but give it a rest,  you've brought this up so many damn times in this thread
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom