Nike Zoom Run The One - UPDATE: Not official Harden sig

I play in a top mens league in Canada and have been absolutely loving these. Last few shoes I have worn were the kd 6, superfly 2, and kobe 9 EM. You definitely have to be used to low cut shoes, and its going to depend on what kind of player you are and what court you play on. But I play point, slash a lot, and play on pretty clean courts.

I think a lot of the complaints must be from people used to more cushion or wearing on dusty courts. We have several nba players wearing them who could chose from any shoe. They can't be as bad as some people are making them seem.

I have been playing in these shoes for a couple of months now, I rotate between the Run the one's and the kobe 9 EM's and I have to say they are one of my favorite bball shoes of all times. Top 3 performer 

I absolutely love the cut, comfortable sock like fitting bootie, they give great lockdown at the heel, but they do feel a bit too wide at the forefoot. I only noticed it, when I started doing very explosive lateral moves. In my experience these shoes perform very well out of the box, but need a bit of breaking in to perform great. Breaking them in and lacing them up a bit more tight at the forefoot, did wonders and they started performing excellent. 

The traction on the Run the one's actually surprised me, they are not on the 'kobe 9 EM' level, but they perform very well on relative clean indoor courts. 

I love playing in shoes of this cut.

I am looking forward to a 3rd iteration of this shoe. 

I have been playing in these shoes for a couple of months now, I rotate between the Run the one's and the kobe 9 EM's and I have to say they are one of my favorite bball shoes of all times. Top 3 performer 

I absolutely love the cut, comfortable sock like fitting bootie, they give great lockdown at the heel, but they do feel a bit too wide at the forefoot. I only noticed it, when I started doing very explosive lateral moves. In my experience these shoes perform very well out of the box, but need a bit of breaking in to perform great. Breaking them in and lacing them up a bit more tight at the forefoot, did wonders and they started performing excellent. 

The traction on the Run the one's actually surprised me, they are not on the 'kobe 9 EM' level, but they perform very well on relative clean indoor courts. 

I love playing in shoes of this cut.

I am looking forward to a 3rd iteration of this shoe. 
HAHAHA

Did they sell the Zoom On the Run in the orange colorway anywhere? I usually see the Nike TB colorways on Eastbay, but don't see this one in orange.

Anyone still hooping in these? I'm actually really impressed with this model. Traction is decent; I could see it being an issue on dusty courts, but my court is pretty well-kept. The bootie construction, which I was afraid of is actually pretty impressive, I feel stable, and secure, which is my #1 concern after a compression fracture in my right foot. Had to go .5 size up, due to wide feet, and a bulky anjkle brace, but it fits like a glove, and most importantly, I feel "bouncy" in these. Never got to try the Crusaders, and it does suck that Nike took out the heel Zoom, but that forefoot Zoom bag is beastly...really love it. The only downside 

The only downside I experienced is that I wore low socks my first time out with them, and after 2 hours of playing, the heel support dug into the back of my leg, and caused a similar, small cut that the Kobe 8 tongue used to give me when wearing ankle socks.

All in all, for the $52 I paid for them, I'm really happy with them. Just trying to hunt down a TB Blue pair. I don't get how these are on clearance everywhere but the Ebay remain $120+.

Also, lost opportunity not releasing the All Star RTO's, just way better looking than the shoes Nike did release.

I want that harden pair to hoop in, any bigger guys use these? I'm 6'4 230 and am NOT trying to hurt myself again due to some shoes. I've heard mixed reviews on these, but the general consensus seems to be these are nice? If they are good enough for Paul Milsap I figure they should be good enough for me.

@kareem33  good to hear your take on these.  I have a pair of crusaders so I've held off on these, but I've been curious to see how they compare.  This is crazy, but I went a half size down in the crusader which is already really narrow, but it really helped with the heel lockdown.  Made for a really snug fit, but after a few nights of break in they've been great.  I hoop in them outdoors now.  The forefoot zoom wasn't something that stood out a ton to me in the crusader so I'm a bit surprised to hear that with these Run the Ones.  

I may bite on a pair for cheap in a decent colorway at some point.  Just picked up the hyperchase and going to give those a shot.  If that shoe had a zoom setup, it would be just awesome... too bad.

There's definitely a few big men using these, Paul Millsap definitely being one of the most prominent. Enes Kanter and Rudy Gobert have worn RTO's and they're both centers. Honestly though, the one thing that this model is really lacking is impact protection---if you're someone that plays at the rim, you're going to be landing on a pretty thick piece of foam, and while it's not a brick, it's quite dense, and will almost certainly wear-down your heel area after extended use. I'm 5'10 and lean--I don't really get up at the rim too often, and even when I do, there's not much weight impacting my foot. Just something to consider.

@iks mod  

Definitely a worthy rotation shoe, especially on the cheap. I think the Crusader might be the better option, just due to a more thorough cushioning set-up, but they never released in Canada so I haven't had a chance to compare. The one common knock I heard about the Crusader is that players felt unstable, in the ankle area, and that players were prone to rolls and other problems. I was really surprised at how secure my foot is in the RTO, my foot is always secure and planted. I could imagine the thickness around the ankle area causing soreness(just from how firm the materials are around the collar) but I've got tape, double Elite socks, and an ankle brace on, so there haven't been any comfort issues(other than my initial experience of wearing low-cut socks, whichI wouldn't recommend).

The Hyperchase looks fresh as hell, not sure how the phylon insert will feel, but if I get a chance, I'm definitely picking up a pair for the looks alone.

Last edited:
^stability in the Crusader I actually felt ok -- it was more that in my true size there was this slight slippage.  Something I find can be an issue when you have that full bootie opening at the top.

Thanks for the reply.  A lot of great colorways out for cheap right now but I think I'll still keep my eyes peeled for even lower price

There's definitely a few big men using these, Paul Millsap definitely being one of the most prominent. Eyes Kanter and Rudy Gobert have worn RTO's and they're both centers. Honestly though, the one thing that this model is really lacking is impact protection---if you're someone that plays at the rim, you're going to be landing on a pretty thick piece of foam, and while it's not a brick, it's quite dense, and will almost certainly wear-down your heel area after extended use. I'm 5'10 and lean--I don't really get up at the rim too often, and even when I do, there's not much weight impacting my foot. Just something to consider.

@iks mod

Definitely a worthy rotation shoe, especially on the cheap. I think the Crusader might be the better option, just due to a more thorough cushioning set-up, but they never released in Canada so I haven't had a chance to compare. The one common knock I heard about the Crusader is that players felt unstable, in the ankle area, and that players were prone to rolls and other problems. I was really surprised at how secure my foot is in the RTO, my foot is always secure and planted. I could imagine the thickness around the ankle area causing soreness(just from how firm the materials are around the collar) but I've got tape, double Elite socks, and an ankle brace on, so there haven't been any comfort issues(other than my initial experience of wearing low-cut socks, whichI wouldn't recommend).

The Hyperchase looks fresh as hell, not sure how the pylon insert will feel, but if I get a chance, I'm definitely picking up a pair for the looks alone.

Thanks for the input man

Anyword on another Run the One PE?
JH has been wearing a white/red pair a lot lately, and I definitely wanna copp those if they drop.

Do you have a local Foot Action? If so, tell them to locate the following 05 35456 704 xxx. They can see if other stores in Texas have them and they can ship it to your house pretty cheap.

xxx - designates your size.

If you wear a Size 9.5 it would be this. The store clerks can help you with your size.

Hope that helps brotha!

Last edited:
Do you have a local Foot Action? If so, tell them to locate the following 05 35456 704 xxx. They can see if other stores in Texas have them and they can ship it to your house pretty cheap.

xxx - designates your size.

If you wear a Size 9.5 it would be this. The store clerks can help you with your size.

Hope that helps brotha!

Yeah man I'll try that.

Did I see that you picked up the Hyperchase at Nike Las Vegas?

I did, that's a sweet shoe as well. I actually like that one more than the Red/Volt but being a Rockets and a Harden fan, I had to cop both!

I did, that's a sweet shoe as well. I actually like that one more than the Red/Volt but being a Rockets and a Harden fan, I had to cop both!

I was in Vegas too and got them for my buddy who struck out online. Lol

Lol, that's hilarious! I just happened to be there for a work trip during release day.

Last edited:
I had them shipped home since I wasn't gonna carry them all up and down the strip. Lol

Back
Top Bottom