Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

F*UK yea.....

Going to assume a MUCH wider release then last years 4% Elites (or whatever they were called) and at a much less retail price then $800.....

Make sure you Like that pic....

Hopefully push details will be out in the next 24 hours....

#MarathonSeason

I dunno how much less it would be, I think that it’s going to be around $800 still. Would love to be wrong tho

Elites were $600 last year + tax. $656 iirc.

From what was posted in here from the 50 pairs that were released week of the Chi Marathon, they were around the $700 figure.

Whatever it is, scumbags, or better know as resellers already have their eyes on these

I hope they’re bricks and they lose money on them. To those who want really want them, I hope it works out, assuming there is a Wider release

I actually came in here to edit my post lol

Just saw someone post on one of the #’s I searched on IG and they said $750 after tax

Sounds like $600-$700 figure.

Edit: Found a post from guy who bought them

$700 after tax.
As someone who has the first vaporfly flyprint, this purple one looked terribly flat in person compared to how the first one looked in person.

P.S.
Even though I was given the chance to get them in my size, I didn't. £100/$150 more for a colourway that no top superstar athlete used (One elite used them this year at Chicago) and looks more boring than my original, it's a pass. It came in a nice box though.

Last edited:
Elites were $600 last year + tax. $656 iirc.

From what was posted in here from the 50 pairs that were released week of the Chi Marathon, they were around the $700 figure.

Whatever it is, scumbags, or better know as resellers already have their eyes on these

I hope they’re bricks and they lose money on them. To those who want really want them, I hope it works out, assuming there is a Wider release
NYC was definitely more then 100 pairs...it was invite only with a meet and greet with EK two days before the run...

After the marathon it was RSVP via SNKRS app (no ship)

I was told whatever wasn’t RSVP’d was shipped back to Nike but I doubt that....I’m sure they moved there stock...

Resellers didn’t really have an opportunity this was really Nike+ Running App driven...

I had 3 chances to buy and I passed on all three..just couldn’t stomach $800...but this year I might have to cave...

Trying to stay strong...lol

Btw did anyone get an invite for the Nike Running Store upper west side for running the October Challenge?

It’s a gift of some sort...just wondering if it’s worth going all the way uptown for a t-shirt or some nonsense...

Knowing my luck it’s free 4%’s...and ill kick myself in the *** for not going up there..lol

NYC was definitely more then 100 pairs...it was invite only with a meet and greet with EK two days before the run...

I was told whatever wasn’t RSVP’d was shipped back to Nike but I doubt that....I’m sure they moved there stock...

Resellers didn’t really have an opportunity this was really Nike+ Running App driven...

I had 3 chances to buy and I passed on all three..just couldn’t stomach $800...but this year I might have to cave...

Btw did anyone get an invite for the Nike Running Store upper west side for running the October Challenge?

It’s a gift of some sort...just wondering if it’s worth going all the way uptown for a t-shirt or some nonsense...

Knowing my luck it’s free 4%’s...and ill kick myself in the *** for not going up there..lol
I got the invite. I also signed up for the shakeout run the day before. There’s also going to be a sign up for “Tavern on the Green” run afterward.

Could be Flyprints at any of those.

As for Elites.. I know the #’s pretty well. NYC had 100. All pairs were sold. I know this because after the marathon last year I got an alert for fcfs for the red (Berlin) pair at flatiron store.

I raced over there because someone posted black/grey leftover pairs from EK meetup were for sale. I asked if I could buy 1 of each they said no it’s one or the other. Very limited pairs of NYC remained.

Knowing this was the second round of Berlin pairs I decided to go with black/grey nyc. Plus I ran NY and not Berlin.

$600 usd.

Also scored the original flyprints thanks to VaporflyWW.

I have a feeling after seeing that link above vv
https://www.nike.com/launch/t/vaporfly-elite-flyprint-future-3d

That NY will get these same pairs at some point this weekend.

Ugh. I almost hope the Flyprints don’t get a wide release because I definitely do not need them but certainly will buy them if given the opportunity

Honestly flyprints are cool but a) it seems the pro’s prefer the Flyknit material more than the sort of wirey Flyprint material. b) the vaporflys are great as is. are any of us so maxed out in our training that we’re splitting hairs that much? The only thing that can make us faster is $600-700 sneakers? Nah lol.

Remember what they were initially designed for... to aide in draining the material of water after EK squeaked out a narrow victory in Berlin 2017 wearing the red Berlin elites that were very water logged.

He then went on to wear the flyprints in London 2018. Other than training run photos I don’t believe he’s worn them again as it seems he was back on the Flyknit version for Berlin 2018.

Maybe it’s just my perception but the wirey flyprint material feels so rough. It could be uncomfortable for 2+ hour marathon compared to the soft flyknit.

Sir Mo Farah had a pair of flyprints but he didn’t wear them. Instead his wife wore them for a half they both did in UK about 2 months ago.

Free pin like ppl that completed challenge for chi marathon

When I ran Chicago earlier this month, I got the invite to pick up a special "gift" for completing the NRC Turbocharged challenge. It was a cool little note, pin and shoelace pin set in a small Nike box:

Looking forward to what you NYC folks get..

IMG_4976.JPG

Honestly flyprints are cool but a) it seems the pro’s prefer the Flyknit material more than the sort of wirey Flyprint material. b) the vaporflys are great as is. are any of us so maxed out in our training that we’re splitting hairs that much? The only thing that can make us faster is $600-700 sneakers? Nah lol.

Remember what they were initially designed for... to aide in draining the material of water after EK squeaked out a narrow victory in Berlin 2017 wearing the red Berlin elites that were very water logged.

He then went on to wear the flyprints in London 2018. Other than training run photos I don’t believe he’s worn them again as it seems he was back on the Flyknit version for Berlin 2018.

Maybe it’s just my perception but the wirey flyprint material feels so rough. It could be uncomfortable for 2+ hour marathon compared to the soft flyknit.

Sir Mo Farah had a pair of flyprints but he didn’t wear them. Instead his wife wore them for a half they both did in UK about 2 months ago.
Oh yeah, you're absolutely correct. Logically, there's no reason for most people to buy Flyprint, especially if the elites aren't even using them. But I'm probably not going to be operating logically if they get released in a manner that's reasonable and doesn't rely on paying like $2000 to resellers haha

The biggest impediment for me is going to be looking like a real jag running a 1:45 half in Flyprints :D

"The biggest impediment for me is going to be looking like a real jag running a 1:45 half in Flyprints :D"

lol, jag. I have a pair of Flyprint's and that's my biggest fear in wearing them, which I would really only consider doing in a race...I tell people me owning them is like a guy in a wheelchair owning a Ferrari.

lol, jag. I have a pair of Flyprint's and that's my biggest fear in wearing them, which I would really only consider doing in a race...I tell people me owning them is like a guy in a wheelchair owning a Ferrari.
Oh yeah, I already feel that way in my regular Vaporflys haha. Even though most recreational runners don't even know what they are. The same probably applies to Flyprints. Have you done any races in them at all yet? Has anyone commented?

Oh yeah, I already feel that way in my regular Vaporflys haha. Even though most recreational runners don't even know what they are. The same probably applies to Flyprints. Have you done any races in them at all yet? Has anyone commented?

I haven't, I've only raced in the OG 4% and Flyknit 4%. TBH, the Flyprints aren't as "loud" as the Flyknit 4%!

No problem, those Berlin Peg Turbos are Fire! Slam Jam ships so fast too. Ordered Sunday night at 9:30est. They arrived Tuesday at 7:30PMest. Italy > New York.

Meanwhile JackRabbit in Brooklyn takes at least 3-4 days to get over a bridge lol.

And LMAO wheelchair Ferrari post.

The more I think about it, the more I'll be interested to see how/if Nike releases the Flyprint around the NYC marathon. When they dropped (quickly) in Chicago, it was a limited release of 50 pair and they came in the acrylic box, which were numbered XX/50, depending on the size.

If they release again, I wonder what, if anything, would be different about them in order to differentiate from the 50 in Chicago.

I'm very interested in a pair of Flyprint but I would actually run in them. I can't justify buying a pair at resell prices and then beating them up though. Retail , I'm all in.

Back
Top Bottom