Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I got a chance to hold the Next% and compare it the Flyprint. While the midsole may be shaped similarly, the shoes do not have the same midsoles. I repeat, the midsole of the Next% is NOT the same midsole as the Vaporfly Elite. The midsole of the Elite is much softer and squishier than the Next%.

Is it possible that there are variations of zoomX? I wonder if the Elite has a higher content of zoomX, like a more pure version. Whereas the Next% was much firmer and might have a watered down zoomX since it is mass produced.

I got a chance to hold the Next% and compare it the Flyprint. While the midsole may be shaped similarly, the shoes do not have the same midsoles. I repeat, the midsole of the Next% is NOT the same midsole as the Vaporfly Elite. The midsole of the Elite is much softer and squishier than the Next%.

Is it possible that there are variations of zoomX? I wonder if the Elite has a higher content of zoomX, like a more pure version. Whereas the Next% was much firmer and might have a watered down zoomX since it is mass produced.
Ehh I’m sure Kipchoge wore the fastest shoe available on race day

That seems totally possible. Adidas did the same thing with Boost.

Because React is a Synthetic Rubber Compound, you can change the ingredients to get different compounds.

ZoomX is layers of Peblax (a TPE), one ingredient, pressed on top of layers of itself into a mold using extreme heat (hence the creases). You are using one ingredient and one (really hard) method and so can't change the density of ZoomX.

People feeling the difference between Gen1 and Gen2 4%, it's because your feeling the thicker layer of paint on the outside of the midsole on Gen2.
Perhaps it’s the same difference between the Elite and Next%?

I jogged around my house for a bit and that was my initial feeling, more cushion under the balls of my feet and the shoe kind of drops away from there to the toes. The lockdown feels like the VF1, more secure than the flyknit. I’ve got 10.5 in all of my VF and 10.5 in these is perfect. The 10.5 flyknit felt a little tight, especially up in the toe box, but the same size in the Next% is much more comfortable, similar to the VF1.

I plan on doing a 60 minute MP Tempo run in them a week from Monday, I’ll let you guys know how they feel. My HM is the Sunday after that and I plan on wearing them then as well.

I feel same about VF1 vs VF2, I feel the flyknits are not that secure on turns either. Also on sizing.

Follow you on strava btw. great work!

For the ones saying Flyprints are the best. The answer is no. I just confirmed with someone who has knowledge that the vapor Next % that are available to the public ARE the SAME ones that Kipchoge, Mo, and the other pro’s wore in LND 2019.

Why would they wear them if they weren’t the best is my argument. Also, if they were so great... why has Eliud only done one marathon in them? My guess is he didn’t find 3d print all that comfortable.

Sidenote; after Boston a guy that finished alongside me had them on. He peeled them off and his socks were bloodied. It’s a bit of a rough material.

In conclusion.. I believe Next% at $275 are the best available. Better than VF gen1, gen2, Elite, and FP.

They should drop the % stuff and go with just Vaporfly. Nike Vaporfly 1, 2, 3 etc. Though by then it would be the 4th edition, so it would be Vaporfly 4, but then that would be very confusing.

For the ones saying Flyprints are the best. The answer is no. I just confirmed with someone who has knowledge that the vapor Next % that are available to the public ARE the SAME ones that Kipchoge, Mo, and the other pro’s wore in LND 2019.

Why would they wear them if they weren’t the best is my argument. Also, if they were so great... why has Eliud only done one marathon in them? My guess is he didn’t find 3d print all that comfortable.

Sidenote; after Boston a guy that finished alongside me had them on. He peeled them off and his socks were bloodied. It’s a bit of a rough material.

In conclusion.. I believe Next% at $275 are the best available. Better than VF gen1, gen2, Elite, and FP.

Yeah, I'm not saying the Flyprint is the "best". Nor do I think "best" is really quantifiable.

What I said is that the midsole of the Next% is NOT the same midsole as the Elite. If you had the opportunity to hold both you would agree.

Yeah, I'm not saying the Flyprint is the "best". Nor do I think "best" is really quantifiable.

What I said is that the midsole of the Next% is NOT the same midsole as the Elite. If you had the opportunity to hold both you would agree.
Yes of course since I own a pair of 2017 elites and 2 pairs of fp’s. I can confirm that I do not notice a difference. Because it’s actually the same. If you don’t believe me ask cuan walker on ig and he’ll confirm what I’m telling you.

Yes of course since I own a pair of 2017 elites and 2 pairs of fp’s. I can confirm that I do not notice a difference. Because it’s actually the same. If you don’t believe me ask cuan walker on ig and he’ll confirm what I’m telling you.

LOL! You're telling me you squeeze the midsole of the Flyprint and the Next% and they feel exactly the same to you? You gotta get your head checked bruh.

LOL! You're telling me you squeeze the midsole of the Flyprint and the Next% and they feel exactly the same to you? You gotta get your head checked bruh.
Dude whatever you need to say to make yourself feel special. You and I are one of the few with both pairs and I get the logic here. Ours are limited, ours are $600, ours have to be better foam.

I know it’s the same lol. You could live in your fantasy world and keep pushing the narrative “oh you guys don’t know how much better the elites are because you don’t have them”...

These are insane:
7C6DF085-FDF2-43D2-825C-4363496EDC98.jpeg

Dude whatever you need to say to make yourself feel special. You and I are one of the few with both pairs and I get the logic here. Ours are limited, ours are $600, ours have to be better foam.

I know it’s the same lol. You could live in your fantasy world and keep pushing the narrative “oh you guys don’t know how much better the elites are because you don’t have them”...

You keep using the word "better" and yet I've never said that. I'm not trying to make a claim that one shoe is better than the other, but apparently that's difficult for you to comprehend.

I'd love to hear from someone else who has the Flyprint and the Next%. Squeeze the foam and tell me the Flyprint isn't SIGNIFICANTLY softer.

And LOL rfx45 rfx45 !!

Ok sorry you said softer. Better , softer , faster , larger... whatever word you want to use. It’s the same. So your argument makes no sense.

As much as I wish I had an elite or flyprint version, I don't. So I can't comment on those. However, I am on my third pair of flyknits plus I've sent two back and have an additional pair waiting in the wings (not going to compare vs. gen 1 because, like deletedcs said, the paint job is different so they feel different). And I will say that even the squishiness varies between pairs of FK. My royal blue pair compresses way easier with my hands vs. the other pairs. I've go no clue why this is so, and on feet I can't really tell a difference, but side by side with one in each hand you can definitely notice a difference. Maybe what you're feeling is just individual variations within a given product model? This is pure speculation though since I'm no manufacturing expert. Somewhat relatedly, I will say that I've 100% noticed a difference in cushioning in the turbo. Outside of speed work and long runs that's been my go-to model since it came out and I've had two pairs that have felt way more cushioned than the rest (and the difference had nothing to do with color or production run). Or it could all be in my head...

Back
Top Bottom