Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

4DA231CC-39B9-445E-A0EE-F496BA5513B4.jpeg

https://www.ineos159challenge.com/

If they are looking for ideal conditions, why don’t they just do the breaking 2 at an indoor track? I remember the last time, some people were even saying if he broke the 2 hour barrier, it wouldn’t “count” since it was such a controlled environment. If that happens again, might as well just get it perfect.

brought out the ogs for a quick cinco de mayo run, after a month or so of not running in VFs, you kind of forget how nice and bouncy it is while staying super light

just got me more excited for the next%s if it has more zoomx

run.jpg

I missed my sub 1:20 target yesterday but I had to take a "nature break" right around mile 6. I had to slow my pace to hold it and then the actual stop itself set me back. Finished in 1:21:57. Broke out a fresh pair of OG VF after doing most of my training in the VF FK. I really do love the feel of the original so much better and looking forward to testing out the upper on the NXT%.

I missed my sub 1:20 target yesterday but I had to take a "nature break" right around mile 6. I had to slow my pace to hold it and then the actual stop itself set me back. Finished in 1:21:57. Broke out a fresh pair of OG VF after doing most of my training in the VF FK. I really do love the feel of the original so much better and looking forward to testing out the upper on the NXT%.

What size do you wear? I have a size 12.5 in the OG model in the obsidian colorway that I've never worn.

The first time i broke 3 hours in Eugene a couple years ago I ran a 1:21 2 weeks beforehand. That was the only marathon where i felt comfortable the whole time actually. BQ is waiting for u with a good taper.

The first time i broke 3 hours in Eugene a couple years ago I ran a 1:21 2 weeks beforehand. That was the only marathon where i felt comfortable the whole time actually. BQ is waiting for u with a good taper.

Appreciate the words of confidence. I'm targeting a 2:55, and running the BQ friendly, Tunnel Marathon up in North Bend, WA. I think if I can stay healthy, I should nail it. I only have 2 big weeks left and then begin my taper.

If they are looking for ideal conditions, why don’t they just do the breaking 2 at an indoor track? I remember the last time, some people were even saying if he broke the 2 hour barrier, it wouldn’t “count” since it was such a controlled environment. If that happens again, might as well just get it perfect.

I think the problem there is that many turns will wreck your legs. If you find a building big enough to house a large enough circuit so you aren’t turning 50% of the time, then the other problem you’d need to think about is cooling that big of a space to low 50s or upper 40s Fahrenheit.

The original breaking2 had pacers jumping in and out of the race, so it wasn’t record eligible. That was the only reason. Maybe for this one he will have some non-Nike sponsored athletes to help him get through the first half+ where they’d be able to run with him from the start, then it would be record eligible.

But hell, he’s running sub61 second half’s almost completely alone lately, so I think if he has pacers to halfway he may be able to make it.

I’m intrigued either way. I kind of wish he was going to attempt this in Berlin though. That would be the be all end all of sub-2, i.e. to do it in a regular race.

I think the problem there is that many turns will wreck your legs. If you find a building big enough to house a large enough circuit so you aren’t turning 50% of the time, then the other problem you’d need to think about is cooling that big of a space to low 50s or upper 40s Fahrenheit.

The original breaking2 had pacers jumping in and out of the race, so it wasn’t record eligible. That was the only reason. Maybe for this one he will have some non-Nike sponsored athletes to help him get through the first half+ where they’d be able to run with him from the start, then it would be record eligible.

But hell, he’s running sub61 second half’s almost completely alone lately, so I think if he has pacers to halfway he may be able to make it.

I’m intrigued either way. I kind of wish he was going to attempt this in Berlin though. That would be the be all end all of sub-2, i.e. to do it in a regular race.

Yeah, I don't think indoor would be feasible for the reasons you outlined. And really, the temperature would be 40F-42F - where Runners World speculates is the optimal temperature for an attempt. The real issue that I see is pacing. No one can stay with him much past 25K to 30K, leaving the last 10K on his own. The Breaking-2 attempt did it correctly and had the right people, but fell just short.

No matter what, it's going to be another awesome attempt.

Performance / Review question on the 4% flyknits...

For those that have both the vaporfly 4% FK gyakusou's and the regular vaporfly 4% FK, does anyone else notice a significant difference in the upper?

The knit on the gyakusou's appear to be much more loose and less structured on mine, its a little more soft/comfortable from a casual perspective but I do feel my feet slide around a bit so less stable I'm starting to think the originals would be better to run in. (i'm still on my OG 4%'s and just about to start running in the flyknits)

Also, the heel appears different on the inside and out which I've recently noticed, the inside on the gyakusou's doesn't seem to have the same supportive heel cup. I thought gyakusou's was equally as performance oriented as the originals, but maybe i'm wrong and it's more of a fashion/lifestyle series?

?

the upper looks very pegasus-turbo-ish...

would be awesome if there's a zoom bag in there but being a casual pair and the vaporstreet already being so cushy, i am not sure a zoom bag is even necessary

plus id figure there's be zoom printed somewhere in the midsole if there was one

Performance / Review question on the 4% flyknits...

For those that have both the vaporfly 4% FK gyakusou's and the regular vaporfly 4% FK, does anyone else notice a significant difference in the upper?

The knit on the gyakusou's appear to be much more loose and less structured on mine, its a little more soft/comfortable from a casual perspective but I do feel my feet slide around a bit so less stable I'm starting to think the originals would be better to run in. (i'm still on my OG 4%'s and just about to start running in the flyknits)

Also, the heel appears different on the inside and out which I've recently noticed, the inside on the gyakusou's doesn't seem to have the same supportive heel cup. I thought gyakusou's was equally as performance oriented as the originals, but maybe i'm wrong and it's more of a fashion/lifestyle series?

?

I grabbed a pair off of NDC last week. My pair should be arriving tomorrow and I’ll share my thoughts.

The only good thing about those VS Peg is no stripe.
I don't own vapor street. Does it have good cushioning? I know it's react, but I would assume it's firmer than regular ER.

it actually feels less firm and probably because you just have a giant stack of react foam

it very good cushioning for casual wear for sure and i do see some run in them too

Back
Top Bottom