Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Cut my long run to 18mi after I got a notification from the NBA about Kobe :frown: . Right after I completed mile 15, I looked at my phone for the time. Then I glanced at it as I was running. I thought to myself, “WTF?! Is this for real?!”. I was pretty relaxed throughout run until that point. I decided to cut it after mile 18 and head home. I’m still in disbelief. I don’t feel like doing ish today now
Actually ran my first half today and was feeling on top of the world (up until 2 months ago I completely hated running), needless to say the kobe news took the wind out of my sails :frown:

Last edited:
Cut my long run to 18mi after I got a notification from the NBA about Kobe :frown: . Right after I completed mile 15, I looked at my phone for the time. Then I glanced at it as I was running. I thought to myself, “WTF?! Is this for real?!”. I was pretty relaxed throughout run until that point. I decided to cut it after mile 18 and head home. I’m still in disbelief. I don’t feel like doing ish today now :frown:
Whenever you’re back up for watching something, I like Billy Yang Films’ “Life in a Day” as well as “Western Time”, though they aren’t much about running in general as they are about the Western States race. Also, “The Why” is good.

New VFN cw via IG
77A24108-BE25-4997-8056-E1C1AFCF96D6.jpeg

I'll take that black upper, eventhough I wish the midsole is white. It said it might be the last Next%.

Quote from the article:

The question now is whether brands will produce shoes that do not conform to World Athletics regulations, which seems possible given mid-pack marathoners will not be subject to shoe inspections.

“If people want to run a marathon in Vaporflys or any other shoe, it’s not our job to stop them,” World Athletics said in a statement this week. “But if you want a ratified record, then you are classified as elite and have to abide by the rules.”

---

Please continue to produce shoes that don't conform to World Athletics regulations. I really want to run in the Alphafly.

The new regulations impose an immediate ban on any shoe with a sole thicker than 40 millimeters (mm) or shoes that contains more than one plate.

technically they can still alter the alphafly by leaving one plate in along with the giant zoom air, the protoype supposedly has a 50mm midsole

My guess is that they’ll modify the AlphaFly to make it conform. Seems like they could reduce the stack to 40mm and switch back to a single plate that still has the zoom air bag units under the plate, i.e. between the plate and outsole rubber. That would be legal under the rules. (Edit: Oops, exactly like what rfx45 was saying, haha).

I also find it very curious that Kipchoge was pictured at one of his latest Tuesday track sessions wearing the new ZoomX racer and not a VF model. That was the first time in years I’ve seen pictures of him doing track/speed work in something other than VF. It’ll be interesting to see what he shows up to London wearing! The prototype stipulation in the rules doesn’t kick in until after London so he’s free to wear any type of prototype he wants at London.

Last edited:
So I have some money to burn and bought the BRS Next% on a whim. These would be used for casual purposes basically.

How durable is the zoomx cushion? It doesn't bottom out quickly like lunarlon does it?

So I have some money to burn and bought the BRS Next% on a whim. These would be used for casual purposes basically.

How durable is the zoomx cushion? It doesn't bottom out quickly like lunarlon does it?
To me, they don’t feel good at all for casual use. But to each their own.

it's a distance racing shoe that has limited miles on them. don't think it's a good use of your money. i feel awkward the rare moments i'm walking around in them instead of running. not too casual friendly imo.

it's a distance racing shoe that has limited miles on them. don't think it's a good use of your money. i feel awkward the rare moments i'm walking around in them instead of running. not too casual friendly imo.
All shoes have limited miles on them, though. I also got the BRS Vaporfly and am planning to use it for both running and casual wear.

Looking for my next running shoe, in general whats the best vaporfly or zoom shoe thats not crazy expensive?

Back
Top Bottom