Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I haven't seen any indication that there will be a pegasus turbo 3 or a zoom fly 4. since the tempo next% was referred to as the turbo next%, the tempo next% is most likely the successor to the pegasus turbo 2

If I’m spending $180 on the Turbos another $20 is nothing.

Hard to call a $180 daily training shoe a takedown. Either way one of the 2 or even both seem to be on way out.

well pegasus turbos not a takedown of anything while the zf is the takedown of vf and the price difference between those are significant just like the next% and tempo

and again, not everyone wants to run on a shoe with a plate and now if there is no turbo, its only a plate+zoom pods

turbo was in its own lane with the zoomx + react combo, completely separate from the zf/vf and i think it would suck if they get rid of it, i have enough zf for a lifetime so i guess i wont miss it since the next% is an upgrade for it

out of all the running shoes including all the zoom and flys and joys, its the slickest and most comfortable for casual use

so far the running lines moving forward minus the free and vapormax (since i think that was a complete failure as a performance shoe and nike has moved it to lifestyle these days?)

Winflo/Gravity/Renew/Rival

Streak
Pegasus/Odyssey/JoyrideDual
Vomero
CruzRone
React
Joyride
Alphafly Next% Tempo
Alphafly Next%

Last edited:
Damn, I feel like the new CEO (John Donahoe) came in and said "stop recycling everything, and remake all the new stuff!" Well, maybe except for the Alphafly NEXT% and a few others, but still.

Well done.

82646787_528772977744052_3117647866430188253_n.jpg

Will these be released and if so, any idea yet on when? Thanks!

Given the # of cws we’ve gotten for the VF series, I think it’s safe there won’t be that many for the AFNs as well. I’m thinking eight tops.

VF1: 7 cws
VF2: 5 cws
VFN: 6 cws and counting

Last edited:
Gonna wager the 2/29 launch is US only. No mention of the range on local NDC sites. Damn.
They're mentioned on both the UK and Korean sites so shouldn't be too far off even if they don't drop this month.

Personally want that Olympic colourway more.

They're mentioned on both the UK and Korean sites so shouldn't be too far off even if they don't drop this month.

Personally want that Olympic colourway more.
Predicting UK launch to be on the week of the London Marathon.

Hi guys.

I’m a 5.5, but run in a size 6. Would you guys recommend me going TTS for Zoomx VF 4%? I have to convert my size to men...would a 4 in Men be perfect for me?

It’s sold out everywhere. I have to go through resellers with no exchange/ refund policy.

I’m running Chicago Marathon & would love to run in these!

KizzieKae KizzieKae are you referring to the VF 1 or 2? The original VF1, for me, is TTS, where the flyknit version (VF2) is half size up. Nike sizing conversion between men and women is 1.5. So if you are typically running in sz 6, you would need sz 4.5 in Men. You can still get the Flyknit version on Nike US website.

KizzieKae KizzieKae are you referring to the VF 1 or 2? The original VF1, for me, is TTS, where the flyknit version (VF2) is half size up. Nike sizing conversion between men and women is 1.5. So if you are typically running in sz 6, you would need sz 4.5 in Men. You can still get the Flyknit version on Nike US website.

Thank you for your reply. I wasn't aware of the multiple versions, I was inquiring about the pink one.

My size are sold out, only place to locate is Goat/etc. So I should go with a 4.5 in Men?

KizzieKae KizzieKae I guess you're right. No more smaller size in VFN even at DSG, Footsites, RW, Fleetfeet, nor RR. With VFN, it is TTS which Im assuming your normal running size.

so far the running lines moving forward minus the free and vapormax (since i think that was a complete failure as a performance shoe and nike has moved it to lifestyle these days?)

Winflo/Gravity/Renew/Rival

Streak
Pegasus/Odyssey/JoyrideDual
Vomero
CruzRone
React
Joyride
Alphafly Next% Tempo
Alphafly Next%

Odyssey is dead, replaced in the summer.
Joyride will apparently die.
The streak will not likely make it to the end of this year
The Vomero might just live on.

might?

i feel like the pegasus and vomero are the two lines that should live on forever in their line-up

joyride for the most part sucks for the price, recovery shoes my *ss

and no more takedown model for the infinity react?

Will the Zoom Fly and VaporFly series still continue with the reveal of the AF and Tempo Next%, or are they obsolete now?

I just ran in the VFNs for the first time yesterday. They felt AMAZING! They’re so much better than my VF2. Maybe it’s because they have +400mi on them lol

It'll sucks if they have to cancel Tokyo Olympic 'cause of coronavirus. Im curious how Nike is going to produce the shoes if they shut down china?

Back
Top Bottom