Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

probably one of the last ZF cw's

1582901778652.png

1582901796225.png

I’m definitely IN for those Volts! I may even keep them stock lol

Non-ZF/VF/Af related, but...

I’ve read several articles suggesting to run slow in order to run faster. This concept is difficult for me to grasp. For the vast majority of my runs, I try to negative split them and try to push my limits. I know there are many runners in this thread. Do you guys have any thoughts/experiences with this type of training? I’m trying to build up to BQ.

I’ve read several articles suggesting to run slow in order to run faster. This concept is difficult for me to grasp. For the vast majority of my runs, I try to negative split them and try to push my limits. I know there are many runners in this thread. Do you guys have any thoughts/experiences with this type of training? I’m trying to build up to BQ.

body will never recover if your running hard all the time. will just get to race day fatigued. my easy days are probably 2 min slower than my marathon pace. even kipchoge sometimes goes around 9 min+ pace on easy days.

body will never recover if your running hard all the time. will just get to race day fatigued. my easy days are probably 2 min slower than my marathon pace. even kipchoge sometimes goes around 9 min+ pace on easy days.

I think he's referring to the low HR training, like what Kofuzi was trying to implement earlier this year. Correct me if I'm wrong illustrayt illustrayt

I’m definitely IN for those Volts! I may even keep them stock lol

Non-ZF/VF/Af related, but...

Red lining it and going anaerobic all the time might seem like the way to get faster but it will make you slower. Do your easy stuff easy and keep your workouts at or around your Anaerobic Threshold (Lactate Threshold), i.e. your one hour race pace. If you want to do a track workout/intervals, do them relaxed at or just slower than your Threshold pace. The only thing faster than Lactate Threshold should be short alactic sprints of 10-15 seconds in length (short enough that you don’t build up any lactic acid). That’s Lydiard aerobic base training in a nutshell. It improves your aerobic system and pushes your Lactate Threshold higher. Only introduce anaerobic stuff for like 2-3 weeks prior to a peak race if you’re targeting a shorter event like 5k-10k. If you’re targeting a marathon or half marathon, don’t bother with anaerobic workouts, focus on 2-3 key Threshold runs of about 30 minutes in length in those final few weeks.

Read the book Healthy Intelligent Training by Keith Livingstone. He explains this type of training, Lydiard style training. Build your aerobic base, then peak. It takes patience and trust but it pays off.

Even though I’ve been running for a while now, I’ve always tried to run my moderate to difficult pace for EVERY run. Essentially, theyre tempo/progression runs. These runs were just to maintain my body and health not for any races. I started to train for races these past two years.

Training for races was pretty much the same regimen, which was to run hard/tempo runs all the time. My run schedule was pretty chaotic too. I didn’t have anything set/planned on my runs. I just focused on lowering my pace.

This year there’s somewhat of a structure to my running schedule. Track M-F after work 3-4 consecutive days with a complete non-running rest day. On the weekend Sat/Sun, the long run then a complete rest day after that long run.

Yesterday, I tried running slow on the track. I didn’t know how slow to go, so I ended up with positive splits.

B02742BD-8728-4AFB-98F2-742E25E5C1B6.jpeg

I got colder as the run progressed, and my average HR was down ~30 points from my usual HR from my tempo runs. Usually my HR average range for my runs are in the 170-180’s. For this run, I got as low as 129 and maintained HR in the 130s. I also noticed that I could get my HR to the high 190s toward the last 0.5mi when I was running hard.

Last edited:
quickly reading on it, it somewhat makes sense

correct me if i am interpreting it wrong...

running on low hr and controlling it is more of a long term progress/results as it trains your body to be comfortable, so say you run 10min/mile at 130hr, your body adapts until that becomes the norm and you increase your speed eventually and your hr doesnt stays the same and so forth

the result is you run faster with lower hr as your body get used to it and you get to run longer in that faster pace and be more consistent?

am i even close?

Are the AF's positioned as/intended for an everyday running shoe or marathon/experienced runner only type shoe?

PO

keep getting notification via nrc and got me hoping i was gon' get blessed with an early release of the AF :lol:

then its just telling me i completed the weekly challenge, then the 50k challenge and then the 100k challenge and then gave me a free boxing class somewhere in LA

goddamn tease!

Apparently the Olympic trials atheletes have to document what shoes they are going to wear. Here’s someone who was deciding between Next% and Alphafly
7986E0BE-D7C8-4E83-9CB7-588F25024741.png

Are the AF's positioned as/intended for an everyday running shoe or marathon/experienced runner only type shoe?

PO
Intended as raceday/marathon shoe, but if you want to spend $275+ on a limited durability training shoe, go for it. I'm probably going to get them and have no intention of running a marathon.

Even though I’ve been running for a while now, I’ve always tried to run my moderate to difficult pace for EVERY run. Essentially, theyre tempo/progression runs. These runs were just to maintain my body and health not for any races. I started to train for races these past two years.

i can’t do easy miles on the track either. What’s your marathon PR now if u don’t mind me asking?

the closest training method I think you would like is probably Hanson’s but it’s high mileage. From my understanding the longest long run is 16 miles but it has a lot more emphasis on running on tired legs. I would look it up for more info.

theyll email/text you with a reminder that will lead to opening the snkrs app

at least thats how recall it for the VF2

its also on ndc already and their instructions:

831AB3F8-660A-4821-BC2A-843EC4A8DAB9.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom