Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

:emoji_eyes:
Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 8.52.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 8.54.37 PM.png

Was this early access or something?

PO

No :smile:
If you have them in your favorite, login to Desktop site, view your Favorite. You'll see "Select Size" button and surprisingly the ATC button is active. Technically you can add to your cart. I don't try checking out.

If you have them in your favorite, login to Desktop site, view your Favorite. You'll see "Select Size" button and surprisingly the ATC button is active. Technically you can add to your cart. I don't try checking out.

Got you.
Maybe an indicator it goes live soon hopefully!

PO

po2345 po2345 Same thing with AM1 Denham, FSR but the ATC button isn't active. My guess is they have not loaded all sizes for the Tempo.

I have the Mbappe Superfly Rosas saved as favorites and can do the same thing for a few weeks now (should've dropped on 8/31). However when you try to check out, it will just give you an unresolvable error message that even the Live Chat people can't distinguish.

Just did my first run in the Tempo Next% and here are my thoughts for those who care.

Ran 13.3 miles at a variety of paces: my recovery run pace, some intervals, strides, etc. Probably not the best decision to do such a long run right away but I ended up actually liking them. I did actually like the Zoom Fly 3 and every Zoom Fly iteration and the Tempos feel closest to the Zoom Fly, not the Pegasus Turbos.

When I first started running in the Tempos I felt the strangeness of the activating the Zoom Air units so I can understand how some people might not ever get used it because I can see how people can say the forefoot isn't as stable because of the Zoom Air units. Personally, I forgot about it after like 5 minutes.

The weight didn't bother me at all. I can understand why at larger sizes (I'm a size 10) it feels too heavy but at my size it felt fine. I didn't think that the sound slapping was bad at all or was louder than any other shoe. I am a heavy foot striker so maybe someone with a lighter touch would notice but I didn't find it that loud honestly. I can say the sound of the Zoom Air units are more noticable as you increase your pace.

The heel is the firmest part of the shoe and because the nylon plate is closer to your heel, I felt how much firmer the heel is compared even to other shoes with react foam like the Pegasus 37 and the Zoom Fly 3. I'm a forefoot striker so I didn't really care. Ideally in the next iteration of the shoe, it would be softer.

The forefoot is firmer than the Alphafly yes but I don't really mind it. I find the forefoot to be the right level of softness and responsiveness.

At slower paces the Tempo isn't as special predictably but it felt fine and I felt like I could go slower. However, it feels firmer at slower paces so it's obviously not ideal at slower paces. Faster, tempo, or speed paces really makes the Tempo shine. I really liked how I felt running at a faster pace.

TL;DR: If you liked the zoom fly line of shoes, I feel like you'd like the Tempos. Yes, its not an alphafly just like how the zoom fly isn't the vaporfly but it's a really interesting shoe. Only problem is that it is fairly expensive.

I don't mind the vibrant colorway of the OW. It's the SPIKE that I'm complaining about. Still, I saw few people wore them at the gym before pandemic.

I’ll say again, Path Projects. They didn’t make the top of Ethan’s list, but they’re at the top of mine for the mix of comfort, storage, and price. I don’t have the style in the video, but have two types of the Graves, and one Prospect. They just added more styles and lengths, and their prices are still really good, and I expect on top of that they’ll probably have a good sale for Thanksgiving or after Christmas.

I’ll say again, Path Projects. They didn’t make the top of Ethan’s list, but they’re at the top of mine for the mix of comfort, storage, and price. I don’t have the style in the video, but have two types of the Graves, and one Prospect. They just added more styles and lengths, and their prices are still really good, and I expect on top of that they’ll probably have a good sale for Thanksgiving or after Christmas.
looking at those and trying to hunt down those NB shorts.

Back
Top Bottom