Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I’ll say again, Path Projects. They didn’t make the top of Ethan’s list, but they’re at the top of mine for the mix of comfort, storage, and price. I don’t have the style in the video, but have two types of the Graves, and one Prospect. They just added more styles and lengths, and their prices are still really good, and I expect on top of that they’ll probably have a good sale for Thanksgiving or after Christmas.
Second Path. They make great hats and undies (sorry, "base layers") too.

Is there anyway to track release dates? Feel like I'm chasing ghosts

zoom renegades

nice feel on the forefoot, plate doesnt propel since its just too soft/pliable, plates purpose might be to keep the forefoot pods feel more stable

midsole isnt as soft as it feels on initial try on, would really benefit from react (but most would)

needs to be tightened well to get a good lockdown, problem is you cant do the runners knot with the lacing system the chose

alright for easy runs, my old knees didnt hurt afterwards so thats a good sign, will give it more burn

shoe looks good though and look good, feel good, run good...?
396E2916-1596-4C85-B6A2-BE8C57B509C4.jpeg

Not a runner myself, but boy those Alphafly Next% look ****ing beautiful.

This thread is the reason why I bought a pair of bone Zoom Fly SP.

the grey tempos are added on ndc too along with the blk and wht pairs, are all 3 pairs coming at the same time... if they even release at all...

1600808150005.png

1600808162269.png

1600808172067.png

I love a crispy white shoe, but hate when they get dirty. The grey might be a better choice but I still want the white pair. I just might have to run in them only on dry/sunny days to keep them fresh :emoji_grimacing:

y’all thinking instant sellout on all three?

i want to say it wont be an instant sellout especially if there are 3 cw coming out at the same time but who knows with resellers these days and how many pairs nike actually has in stock

they are smart in releasing the tempos after the AFs to create a little more hype but the end of the day these are ZF territory so it shouldn't but I have been spectacularly wrong on these stuff before :lol:

still unsure about the tempo next, but i’ll probably give them a try and return them if they don’t work out for me, probably the biggest pro to buying direct from nike is their return policy

i hate it that finishline got rid of their test period

im not too proud of it but when the the miler didnt work for me, i had to buy the same pair from ndc and return the used pair to them and sent the new pair to fnl just to get a full refund

i hate it that finishline got rid of their test period

im not too proud of it but when the the miler didnt work for me, i had to buy the same pair from ndc and return the used pair to them and sent the new pair to fnl just to get a full refund
Not cool. 👎🏾

got to do what i got to do, i only ran in em twice and it was hitting/hurting my ankle bone and was unwearable even casually

Are the Alphaflys the exact same construction men/women? I have two pairs of the Olympic colorway, one marked W Alphafly and the other marked Alphafly. It's weirding me out.

got to do what i got to do, i only ran in em twice and it was hitting/hurting my ankle bone and was unwearable even casually

Don't feel bad. I'm sure...cough...a lot of other people....cough...have done similar things with online purchases.

Just did my first run in the Tempo Next% and here are my thoughts for those who care.

Ran 13.3 miles at a variety of paces: my recovery run pace, some intervals, strides, etc. Probably not the best decision to do such a long run right away but I ended up actually liking them. I did actually like the Zoom Fly 3 and every Zoom Fly iteration and the Tempos feel closest to the Zoom Fly, not the Pegasus Turbos.

When I first started running in the Tempos I felt the strangeness of the activating the Zoom Air units so I can understand how some people might not ever get used it because I can see how people can say the forefoot isn't as stable because of the Zoom Air units. Personally, I forgot about it after like 5 minutes.

The weight didn't bother me at all. I can understand why at larger sizes (I'm a size 10) it feels too heavy but at my size it felt fine. I didn't think that the sound slapping was bad at all or was louder than any other shoe. I am a heavy foot striker so maybe someone with a lighter touch would notice but I didn't find it that loud honestly. I can say the sound of the Zoom Air units are more noticable as you increase your pace.

The heel is the firmest part of the shoe and because the nylon plate is closer to your heel, I felt how much firmer the heel is compared even to other shoes with react foam like the Pegasus 37 and the Zoom Fly 3. I'm a forefoot striker so I didn't really care. Ideally in the next iteration of the shoe, it would be softer.

The forefoot is firmer than the Alphafly yes but I don't really mind it. I find the forefoot to be the right level of softness and responsiveness.

At slower paces the Tempo isn't as special predictably but it felt fine and I felt like I could go slower. However, it feels firmer at slower paces so it's obviously not ideal at slower paces. Faster, tempo, or speed paces really makes the Tempo shine. I really liked how I felt running at a faster pace.

TL;DR: If you liked the zoom fly line of shoes, I feel like you'd like the Tempos. Yes, its not an alphafly just like how the zoom fly isn't the vaporfly but it's a really interesting shoe. Only problem is that it is fairly expensive.

OK I changed my mind. They are loud lol. Sound like boots.

Also IMO the zoom air units are breaking in now (3rd run in it so far). I feel like its softer in the forefoot now and coming into its own. Heel a bit softer but still noticeably firm. Need to do more testing but feel faster than when I do intervals in any of the Zoom Flys.

Are the Alphaflys the exact same construction men/women? I have two pairs of the Olympic colorway, one marked W Alphafly and the other marked Alphafly. It's weirding me out.

No. The plate will be less stiff in the Women's version compared to the mens, even if they are the same size.

Back
Top Bottom